SFIII Translation Project: Misc Feedback Part 3

Spoilers!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Misc Feedback Part 3

Post by legalize freedom »

I want to verify some info from the bookcase entries.

Brutus
Is it accurate to say Brutus was possessed by the demon Kudan?

~4-93~ ~defeated~ Kudan Entry:
Demon spawn inside Brutus, the Republic's second in command. A Bulzome monk possessed him with the demon. Kudan was defeated by the Julian army in the ancient ruins.
~4-94~ ~Not yet defeated~ Kudan Entry:
Demon spawn inside Brutus, the Republic's second in command. The night before the peace conference, a Bulzome monk possessed Brutus with the demon Kudan.
~4-159~ Harold Entry:
Joined the Julian army to avenge his father Brutus, who was visited the night before the peace conference by a Bulzome priest and possessed with the demon Kudan.
~4-167~ ~after Kudan~ Brutus Entry:
Peace conference representative who was visited the night prior by a Bulzome priest who possessed him with the demon Kudan. Later used against the Republic.

Yasha
There was some feedback previously that led me to note who defeated the 3 Yashas needed to be corrected. I want to verify who defeated each Yasha. Did Medion defeat the second and third?

~4-214~ ~known to be brothers~ Yasha Entry:
Rogue ninja with teleportation ability. In truth they were 3 brothers. The 1st Yasha was defeated by the Synbios army, the 2nd and 3rd fell against the Medion army.
~4-215~ ~known to be 3 ninjas~ Yasha Entry:
Rogue ninja with teleportation ability. In truth they were 3 identical Yashas. The 1st was defeated by the Symbios army, the 2nd and 3rd fell against the Medion army.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Re: Misc Feedback Part 3

Post by Bulzome »

Some of the people in Brutus' Mansion say he was killed (after rescuing Harold). Others say he was possessed by Kudan. It's probably accurate to say that Brutus was possessed by Kudan.

As for Yasha...

4-215 is available after the battle with Yasha and Kudan in Chapter 3. That would mean there is still one Yasha left.

The Brutus, Harold and Kudan entries seem to be good.

EDIT: A few entries need changed.

~4-174~ Brigit Entry:

In service of Princess Isabella since childhood.
When Destonia is threatened, Isabella joins the
Julian army and Brigit joins to remain with Isabella.

The problem is that this the only entry for Brigit. Even if Isabella does not join in Chapter 1, Brigit's entry remains the same.

~4-144~ Dessheren Entry:

Bulzome high priestess. Exhibits demonic
strength on the battlefield. Rescued from the
Medion army in Storich by the mysterious
Jane who refers to her as 'sister'.

This entry is too long. I never got this to fully appear in game. Even by changing the last line to: "Jane, who calls her 'sister'." - it's still too long and doesn't fully appear.

~4-127~ ~killed - pregnant~ Stella Entry:

Lieutenant and lover of Republican General
Produn. Protected Produn from the Medion
army in Anafect, but her life was taken, along
with Produn's unborn child. RIP.

The line breaks need fixed. Though they appear to be perfect, "Medion" slightly goes past the edge of the box. Also, this text never fully appears.

~4-129~ ~killed~ Stella Entry:

Lieutenant and lover of Republican General
Produn. Battled to protect Produn from the
Medion army in Anafect, but died with her
beloved Produn at her side. RIP.

This text never fully appears. Also, I think this one may have also suffered from the line break issue. I can't remember for sure.

~4-150~ Donhort Entry:

Veteran knight who finds new purpose after
realizing the danger the world and Elbesem
are facing. Accompanies Gracia and the
Medion army to battle the Bulzome Sect.

This is the Scenario 3 entry... Doesn't Donhort start Scenario 3 as a member of the Julian army? Not really anything wrong with this entry, but just a thought.

There were a few more entries that never fully appeared. However, I will say that the entries are 95% accurate.

EDIT 2:

I had a total brain fart when testing the bookcase. I tested it using a save file that had Japanese names for the force members. I did take a quick look at the bookcase with a file that had English character names. The line breaks aren't as much of an issue as I thought, but the text not fully appearing is still an issue. there were about 12 entries I had to shorten for that. I hope this info helps the Translation Team...
I succumbed only to the power of Elbesem

PSN: TheGreatBulzome
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Bulzome wrote: I had a total brain fart when testing the bookcase. I tested it using a save file that had Japanese names for the force members. I did take a quick look at the bookcase with a file that had English character names. The line breaks aren't as much of an issue as I thought, but the text not fully appearing is still an issue. there were about 12 entries I had to shorten for that. I hope this info helps the Translation Team...
Thanks for the feedback!

I believe your font is a bit bigger than ours, so if you are testing these with your font the results may vary.

I will check them.
Lord Kane
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Lord Kane »

legalize freedom wrote:

Yasha
There was some feedback previously that led me to note who defeated the 3 Yashas needed to be corrected. I want to verify who defeated each Yasha. Did Medion defeat the second and third?
Medion defeated the first, Julian the second and third Yasha.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

Bulzome wrote:~4-144~ Dessheren Entry:

strength on the battlefield. Rescued from the
Medion army in Storich by the mysterious
Jane who refers to her as 'sister'.

This entry is too long. I never got this to fully appear in game. Even by changing the last line to: "Jane, who calls her 'sister'." - it's still too long and doesn't fully appear.
I've tried shortening this entry a little more - how does this look?

strength on battlefield. Saved from
Medion's army in Storich by
Jane, who calls her 'sister'.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

Cullsoft wrote:I've tried shortening this entry a little more - how does this look?

strength on battlefield. Saved from
Medion's army in Storich by
Jane, who calls her 'sister'.
Absolutely perfect!! :)
I succumbed only to the power of Elbesem

PSN: TheGreatBulzome