SFIII Translation Project: Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Please read first post first!

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

wshiraef

Re: Scenario 3 Error Report Topic

Post by wshiraef »

Here are a few errors I have encountered so far in Scenario 3. I attached 3 images with descriptions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
myersxxx

Post by myersxxx »

Hello,

I have played v12 (or V13) a year ago and I do not know if this wrong text at Defenda Fortress was already recognised (the face icon should be from the leader of my army and not from Defenda), here's a picture I shot a year ago: see attachment below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dramateyez

Post by dramateyez »

Thanks to all those who contributed in translating scenario 2 and 3. I was very pleased to be able to play these games after all these years.

I do have a glitch it seems with scenario 3. After battle 4 with Goriate and the Walcuray, theres a little talking scene where Steel is being mean to Gesby and then it goes to a chapter end black scene reviewing the events. After the 3rd line of text pops up and you click to move forward, the screen just stays black. I've gone back and tried it a few times and always the same thing.

Would sincerely appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to rectify this problem or get around it.

thanks
FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

Hello. I first want to say thanks for the excellent translations. Shining Force 3 was one of the reasons that I bothered getting a Saturn and modding it. Without this project, me and many other people would not be able to enjoy the trilogy.

I am currently playing the third scenario with the V15 patch on my modded Sega Saturn and have encountered a game crashing bug. When Rollie enters the battle animation with a special attack, Rollie's model is missing polygons and the game freezes. Since I couldn't find any posts describing the same problem, has anyone been getting this problem on the V15 patch?
ericm

Post by ericm »

Not really willing to read through the previous posts here, so here's my (so far) encountered errors in V15 of sc.3:
In Foothill, when I searched a cabinet, got "thereALLYS..." and some other text. Looks like it should have read "there lies.." or something.
When I talk to Cyclops, (at least in Foothill) the two responses are reversed; if I click no to his question, he gives me the explanation on dragons.
Faisal
The Asian Sensation
Shining Hero

Post by Faisal »

Its actually funny I never encountered any problem playing either of the 3 chapters.I guess I was lucky :)
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

ericm wrote:Not really willing to read through the previous posts here, so here's my (so far) encountered errors in V15 of sc.3:
In Foothill, when I searched a cabinet, got "thereALLYS..." and some other text. Looks like it should have read "there lies.." or something.
When I talk to Cyclops, (at least in Foothill) the two responses are reversed; if I click no to his question, he gives me the explanation on dragons.

Found it. Should be the middle aged man playing hide and seek message. It was a bad apostrophe.

This is what you should get for the HQ Cyclops question. I believe Yes gets you the one line and No gets you three lines, correct?

~4-2~ ~Question~ Cyclops:
Do you know how to recruit dragons for battle?

~4-3~ ~Yes~ Cyclops:
The dragons I captured in battle remain on standby in this room. However, I can't capture more than 8 dragons at a time.

~4-4~ ~No~ Cyclops:
In this room, the dragons I have captured are able to join the next battle provided there is room in the army. The rest will remain here on standby.

~4-5~ Cyclops:
If you speak to a dragon, it will move to the front of the line and become available to join the next battle.

~4-6~ Cyclops:
In battle, please be wary of their health. If a dragon becomes unable to fight, it will leave your army and will not return.
ericm

Post by ericm »

My mistake on the Cyclops thing; I thought he was asking "do you WANT to know how to get dragons".
Hrith

Post by Hrith »

I have finished my run of Scenario 3 on patch v.16. I understand you're not as interested in a list of errors for Sc3 as much as you are regarding Sc1 and Sc2, but I plan to replay the three games getting the other characters (Jade/Garosh, Edmund/Produn) soon enough.
On that topic, should I wait for v.17 to be released to give you feedback on it?

There are a lot of images. I have added the location where the screenshot was taken directly on the image as requested.

There are too many images to post them all individually, so here is a link to the album on the first image relevant to Scenario 3. There are exactly 65 screenshots, so the last one will be #73

http://imgur.com/a/Gnzo3#9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this helps :)
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

With regards to http://imgur.com/a/Gnzo3#10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - "is" is certainly the correct word compared to "was". This is in context of Julian, who is (present tense, third person, singular) seeking revenge against a Vandal (Galm in this case). He has yet to have revenge against Galm, so was (past tense, third person, singular) is the wrong word to use in this sentence.

But I really wouldn't worry about grammatical errors found in anything past Scenario 2 Chapter 1. As of this moment, the other chapters (and Scenario 3 in total) aren't part of the 'Beta' stages yet :)
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Thanks Swalchy, but given the circumstances, I'll be accepting Kefka's error report. He is a professional linguist for one, so I have a feeling his review will be valuable. Also, he took the time to document his findings as I have asked, so I'm certainly grateful for that. While 65 may sound like a lot, I don't think that's too bad for an entire unpolished scenario.

Kefka wrote:I have finished my run of Scenario 3 on patch v.16. I understand you're not as interested in a list of errors for Sc3 as much as you are regarding Sc1 and Sc2, but I plan to replay the three games getting the other characters (Jade/Garosh, Edmund/Produn) soon enough.
On that topic, should I wait for v.17 to be released to give you feedback on it?

There are a lot of images. I have added the location where the screenshot was taken directly on the image as requested.

There are too many images to post them all individually, so here is a link to the album on the first image relevant to Scenario 3. There are exactly 65 screenshots, so the last one will be #73

http://imgur.com/a/Gnzo3#9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope this helps :)
Thank you for taking the time to document all your findings. Now if I can just figure out how to download them. The site appears to allow it, but asks for an email and never sends one. Maybe there is a waiting period...

I probably won't get to these Sc3 errors this cycle since I'm trying to get as much polished in Sc2 as possible for V17. That doesn't diminish your effort though. These will be incorporated in due time and you have my thanks. I would certainly be interested in anything (new) you find in your next playthough as well. It is a big help to have such a qualified set of eyes giving feedback.
Hrith

Post by Hrith »

Swalchy wrote:With regards to http://imgur.com/a/Gnzo3#10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - "is" is certainly the correct word compared to "was". This is in context of Julian, who is (present tense, third person, singular) seeking revenge against a Vandal (Galm in this case). He has yet to have revenge against Galm, so was (past tense, third person, singular) is the wrong word to use in this sentence.
Nope.

I have heard he is seeking revenge = correct.
I have heard he was seeking revenge = correct.
I heard he was seeking revenge = correct.
I heard he is seeking revenge = incorrect.

Time agreement when using the past/preterit; you can never have past and present tenses in the same clause. Very common mistake in the US, I've noticed, but a mistake nonetheless.

'I heard he was seeking revenge' still refers to events that have not passed yet.
legalize freedom wrote:While 65 may sound like a lot, I don't think that's too bad for an entire unpolished scenario.
Don't worry, there's a lot of nit-picking, as promised, and even a few personal comments.

This link should work... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2vqJ ... VJhR1dXRnM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; select the download option at the top. It's in 7z format, let me know if this is not good.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Now you're confusing me. Kefka=Hrith, correct?

Considering your level of scrutiny, I'm feeling really good about 65 comments. :)

Got them. Just glancing through and these are some really good comments. Some I thought were already taken care of in V16, so good to know. I will certainly want to pick at least some of these up for V17.

Thanks!
Hrith

Post by Hrith »

Yes, kind Stordarth accepted my name change request :) This is a very old account, after all.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

I'm not sure if anyone has taken notice, but when a file is loaded that's saved in the "Hero's Test", the locations are mislabeled. They appear in a very odd order.

Here, I have posted a backup RAM file with saves on every floor.

The lines are located on Page 2

Line 44 reads "Ruins 1" (it's fine)
Line 45 reads "Ruins 2" (it's fine)
Line 46 reads "Ruins 3" (it needs to be "Ruins 4")
Line 47 reads "Ruins 4" (it needs to be "Ruins 6")
Line 48 reads "Ruins 5" (it needs to be "Ruins 8")
Line 49 reads "Ruins 6" (it needs to be "Ruins 9")
Line 50 reads "Ruins 7" (it needs to be "Ruins 10")
Line 51 reads "Ruins 8" (it needs to be "Ruins 3")
Line 52 reads "Ruins 9" (it needs to be "Ruins 5")
Line 53 reads "Ruins 10" (it needs to be "Ruins 7")

I have no idea why the game pulls the locations in such an odd order, but I thought everyone should know.
Also, I know that these lines are often cleared to save space. But at the very least, they should probably be changed for DREAM.

EDIT: I had a total brain fart. These lines will need to be changed on every file that has access to the save function. (The files that have room, that is.)
I succumbed only to the power of Elbesem

PSN: TheGreatBulzome
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll get it fixed up.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

I did find a few minor errors with V18.

legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Bulzome wrote:I did find a few minor errors with V18.
Thanks for taking the time to document these. I'll get them fixed up.
Bulzome
~The Master of Evil~
Shining Member

Post by Bulzome »

Not a problem. :thumbsup:

Synthesis

Post by Synthesis »

Minor grammatical error made here.

This is a grammatical error in the form of a tautology. Instead of saying "from a mighty being to an ordinary being" It should say "from a mighty to an ordinary being" or "from a mighty being to an ordinary boy".