Shining Wind: Kamushin

At least a bit of info needed...

Discuss the followup to Shining Tears on the Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Kamushin

Post by Cullsoft »

Been working on improving the Foxling article on the Shining Wiki earlier today... all goes well for the Camelot series characters (got SHFCD's May added in, and was pleasantly surprised to find that SHF3's Oneanara is actually a full Foxling while researching for the article :D ), but ran into a black spot when I found that the articles original creator had thrown in Kamushin, a Foxling from Shining Wind; being a character from post-SS2/ROTDD, one I know naff all about, which kinda threw a bit of a spanner into enuring the racial details are correct for all cases. :(

Given the extremely low chances of me getting this game, let alone playing it, any chance of some information regarding the character - notably stuff that may (or may not) affect what's in the Foxling race's article?

Not too fussed over spoilers, though given these are details about his place in the Foxling race rather than the character itself (I'll leave that article to someone who's actually played the game) I'm hoping there won't be many, if any.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Kamushin

Post by Martin III »

I hate to throw even more work at you, but there's another foxling in the series: Shumari, from episodes 2 and 3 of Shining Tears X Wind. (Presumably he was in Shining Wind as well.) Well, no official record that he's a foxling, but he's the most fox-like character in the series that I've seen, both in appearance and behavior, so you may want to get a look at him either way.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

Bugger, bugger, bugger.

Had he not even been in the original article, I just wouldn't have bothered to include him (or, thanks to that bit of info, them) and left it at just the info on the Camelot games I've done my homework and research on. With games like Wind included, I'm either going to have to get into those games/animes or at least find some of their guides/encyclopedias.

Given how picky I am on getting races to official accuracy, I don't want to leave Kamushin in/add Shumari to the Foxling page if something turns up saying "they look like Foxes but actually they're of some other race" (which is why I'd have never listed Oneanara before the SHF3 artbook revealed her race)...

Bugger, bugger, bugger.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Culley O'Fursdom @ Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:34 am) wrote: Given how picky I am on getting races to official accuracy, I don't want to leave Kamushin in/add Shumari to the Foxling page if something turns up saying "they look like Foxes but actually they're of some other race" (which is why I'd have never listed Oneanara before the SHF3 artbook revealed her race)...
Yeah, I see what you mean. Perhaps Sega's official Shining Wind website can be of use? I don't see Kamushin anywhere on the character page, but Shumari has a profile there. I'm guessing that it mentions his race somewhere on it.

I'm beginning to wonder if someone didn't err, and Kamushin is in fact from Shining Force Exa or some other game. He's not on the Shining Wind official site, he's not on the Wikipedia article, and he's not in Shining Tears X Wind, even though nearly every significant character from Shining Wind is. To say nothing of how unusual it would be for two foxlings to appear in a single Shining game.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Moogie
Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Shumari is a foxling, says so on the Wind site.
Not familiar with Kamushin, maybe from Cross?

Also, Borne, Hikane and Gilna in EXA:
http://shining-force.jp/exa/game/chara.html
are listed as Foxlings.
Check me out on Twitch! :excited:
http://www.twitch.tv/ShiningMoogie