Shining Force: SF1 Editor

Updated 7/4/18 v3.4.5

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

rubixcuber
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

SF1 Editor

Post by rubixcuber »

Editor Download: Download v3.4.4 (7/5/18)

Getting somewhere?

Link to the Music Editor

ROM Map for those who are interested: View Thread
Last edited by rubixcuber on Tue Dec 03 2019 2:31am, edited 137 times in total.
Rusty
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: SF1 Editor

Post by Rusty »

woot woot, and woot
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Post by sulfuroxp »

how i use it??? :confused:
Flygon
Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Post by Flygon »

You most importantly need to download the Shining Force ROM, if you are unable to find it I suggest adding me on AIM or MSN..

If that is not the problem, than I shall be able to help you by means on instant chat.
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Post by sulfuroxp »

I edited some things yesterday, only The Force, but when I attack or attacked, the game stop and turn in black

and in the Enemy page of the editor, the names of monsters mixed in the firsts lines and i cant see well >__>

and the monsters name in game its a chaos U__U
Flygon
Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Post by Flygon »

You're hacking the wrong ROM.

Add my MSN/AIM and I will send you the correct one.

That, or you are using the VERY VERY early Jan/Feb edition of the force editor, in which case, download the most recent editor.
The hexman of #sf2hack
tggrng123

Post by tggrng123 »

I got a problem with changing the palette; it always crashes when I change it when I fight the Rune Knight at the beginning. Hope it was helpful and thanks

PS: I didn't realize that the thread that I posted in before (the old one) was the old one so sorry :)
I produce music. I can produce multiple genres, from hip-hop/ rap, r&b, rock, metal, jazz, trance, to orchestral and classic and many others. If you need any tracks just send me an email at puremadness_productions@live.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SF1 Editor Thread
Renatob's Shining Force II NDS Tribute Remake Thread
rubixcuber
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by rubixcuber »

Yeah, sorry the thread's been a little dead. I'm guessing, or at least hoping, that what happened is you tried to edit a third/fourth palette. I've got some enemies listed as having more palettes as they actually have in the game, and if you edit those palettes... it's not very happy.
Flygon
Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Post by Flygon »

Guys, I repeat, and I insist, DO NOT EDIT THE PALETTES AT ALL.

I'm sorry rubixcuber, but even if you don't edit the 'extra' palettes, I have found the game crashing on me, the palette editor is just too buggy. :(
The hexman of #sf2hack
tggrng123

Post by tggrng123 »

Yeah I tried isolating which one it was but any palette I edit does the same thing. Great editor btw! I've been wanting a "Caravan" for SFI. Thank you sir! :)
I produce music. I can produce multiple genres, from hip-hop/ rap, r&b, rock, metal, jazz, trance, to orchestral and classic and many others. If you need any tracks just send me an email at puremadness_productions@live.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SF1 Editor Thread
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

how's the editor going? Its been a while since i've been here :( been sick and dying and stuff :3c

I really should start a project soon on this.
rubixcuber
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by rubixcuber »

Well, after the site moved and the thread restarted and kind of died I just ended up taking a break. Haven't really done anything other than what's listed at the beginning of the thread.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Ah well that's no good. Maybe i should start a project then. Maybe that'll get things moving. I've been kinda at a slump of what to do lately in my free time. I have at least 10 PS2/PS3/Wii games to start/finish yet don't feel like doing that either xD. Started playing the PSP version of Star Ocean 2 and DJMAX: Black Square but maybe a project will keep me busy :3
tggrng123

Post by tggrng123 »

Yeah I'd love to see this project continue. Cause the editor is already very good and I think with your skills rubix; you could advance it pretty far. :)
SF1 Editor Thread
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Well, we gotta give rubix a reason to continue. Back in august, i made a lot of suggestions and stuff which rubix was kind enough to look into and expand upon (last thing i was harping on was Area and Range modifications). I guess without any suggestions or things to look into from me, nothing continued xD (or i give myself too much credit :3c)

Well, if i start my own hack, then i'll certainly run into some things that could possibly get suggested xD
tggrng123

Post by tggrng123 »

Yeah I guess so but I was stating that it would be great! If you were to though, I think maybe being able to edit maps, sprites, battle sprites, animations, and the graphic stuff. With rubix's program there was also a problem with palettes. but that's just wishes XD.
SF1 Editor Thread
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

I have a request :D

Now, i remember playing Flygon's hack and his did a nice job of setting the promotion level to 20 than the usual 10. I think forcing the cap to 20 is nice (which i'd like added to the editor), but another issue comes around...

Due to the way shining force works, Promoted Level 1 effective level is level 11. So problem is, once you promote, your characters get 10 easy levels of leveling up and can gain a lot of power in a short bit of time, making difficulty at certain points of the game an issue since your characters can get a huge bump up if they can get over that hurdle. My request then would be to find out where in the rom you can change the effective level of a promoted character from 10 + level to 20 + level so that such a fluctuation doesn't occur.

I think that's all I can think of for now while i figure out what i'm gonna change here lol
Doomblade66
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Doomblade66 »

Holy cwwap ! Rubix is back ! :thumbsup:
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

I'm glad my return doesn't matter :(