Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining the Holy Ark
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Who IS your favourite character?

As it says

Shining in the Darkness is born again, on the Saturn!

Re: Who IS your favourite character?

Postby CajNatalie » Fri Apr 11 2014 1:21am

Melody. :thumbsup:
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Who IS your favourite character?

Postby ZethaPonderer » Sun Feb 05 2017 2:25am

This is kinda tricky to answer since all of them play a vital role in the game, but I'll rank which is my favorite:

1. Arthur (well-rounded stats, and useful spells to boot)

2. Lisa (Having both the Barrier and Support spell makes Melody and Forte obsolete IMO. Plus, she's got solid attack power and can equip the Force Blade which is awesome)

3. Melody (great sage like character that can Heal, Support, and has the only unique spell in the game Elemental which I enjoy watching. Also she gets Restore to regenerate HP which is really handy)

4. Akane (Love this ninja. Although I must admit she's just a poor copy of Melody that is only slightly better at attacking and quick on her feet. If you give her a Kusanagi however, Melody becomes obsolete. Poor Melody, though I still consider her slightly better than Akane)

5. Rodi (Another great ninja, though his spell selections leave a lot to be desired. He's just a poor copy of Forte, though give him a Kusanagi and this automatically makes him superior to Forte in everyway. Plus, he gets an Attack spell, and Negate which silences mages which is nice)

6. Doyle (He starts out really good when given the Mithril Claw to him, thus outshining Basso during mid-game)

7. Basso (I admit it. Basso looks the coolest in the game, but he's not the best practically speaking. Depending on your playstyle, he's so slow and doesn't hit nearly as hard compared to Doyle and by the time you get the Dragon Axe for him, he only outshines Doyle with slight attack power which is not much if you ask me when you can easily farm Kusanagis from the Spike Dragons at the last dungeon and cheese the game with your OHKO ninjas)

8. Forte (My least favorite character because by the time you get him, depending on your playstyle, he could potentially end up being weaker compared to the rest of your team)

I generally listed my favorites in terms of doing a Lvl 20 playthrough. Because delaying promotion is pretty pointless if you ask me. Experience stays constant throughout the game.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to Shining the Holy Ark