Shining Wisdom: Script Translation?

Discuss this classic action RPG for the Sega Saturn.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

MXC
Shining Legend

Script Translation?

Post by MXC »

Has there been any work done on a proper script translation of Shining Wisdom? I've never seen any here and had no luck on Google, but somebody else may know something.

If not, are there any odds of getting one going here? I'm not really concerned about having a proper translation for emulation but more so that we don't have to read about Salah and Parn. And although I doubt it, there could be some other hidden clues to link SW to other games in the series.
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Re: Script Translation?

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

There are differences between the US and European versions of the script. The latter seems more mindful of the SF2 story arc, though only a japanese speaker could tell how accurate it is. That script might still be what you're looking for.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MXC
Shining Legend

Re: Script Translation?

Post by MXC »

Yeah, the US version is terrible but I wasn't quite sure how true the European versions were to the original Japanese.