Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What happened at the end of FC and what

did they mean? SPOILERS!

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

What happened at the end of FC and what

Postby domingo43 » Tue Mar 13 2007 1:07am

At the end of FC, after the credits, when Ian, Max and Adam are alone walking, Adam asks "Where shall we go now?" and Ian responds with "..." but Max says "That's a great idea, Ian! We should go visit my brother's place. Or maybe..." What does Max mean? Kane is dead. And what does he mean with the "Or maybe..." ?
madcatsomethingorother wrote:It's called "gang mentality." The combined intelligence of any group of people is inversely proportional to the number of people in said group.

If someone could explain why I was banned forthis? It didn't seem too dissimilar to other emu topics.

No warez/piracy

We try to keep things legal here, which means you may not provide/request links to/information about illegal media
madcatsomethingorother wrote:It's called "gang mentality." The combined intelligence of any group of people is inversely proportional to the number of people in said group.

If someone could explain why I was banned forthis? It didn't seem too dissimilar to other emu topics.

No warez/piracy

We try to keep things legal here, which means you may not provide/request links to/information about illegal media
domingo43

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: What happened at the end of FC and what

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 13 2007 1:22am

We don't know. It's one of those unanswered questions.

As for Kane's place...who know's? Perhaps it belongs to Ian now. Speculate :)
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby domingo43 » Tue Mar 13 2007 1:46am

This forum is in need of a topic so badly, I might as well make this a discussion/analyze topic. :p

As for Kane's place...who know's? Perhaps it belongs to Ian now.

I got the feeling that when they brought up "my brother's place," that they were implying that Kane was alive and that should go over to where he is. They probably wouldn't have called it "my brother's place" if someone else owned it now.
Or maybe they meant to venture into some otherworld where Kane perhaps resided.
Or it could be that somehow he had never died. I mean, I always thought Mishaela was dead, until I heard about this game. Soo...

No warez/piracy

No warez/piracy

domingo43

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Aldur » Tue Mar 13 2007 12:50pm

Nah, Kane is dead. I'm pretty sure they mean his grave. It's just directly translated and japanese peoples don't say things in the same way we do.
MDMG Alex's gay jokes counter: 3

Aldur: Finally it's just us in here
Aldur: lets have wild passionate cyber rp
omega entity: mmm
omega entity: cyber RP

Ri3mannZeta: I LOVE YOU HGUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL HUMANS
omega entity: lol
geddis the hero: Z what
Ri3mannZeta: what up aldur
Ri3mannZeta: you are cool as f**k
Ri3mannZeta): ;,fap
Ri3mannZeta: i love you guysd so much

TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Aldur

FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Tue Mar 13 2007 1:32pm

I thought he was actually meaning the place where Kane used to live.
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Aldur » Tue Mar 13 2007 1:37pm

Ian's hometown then. Another possibility. Maybe Kane is buried there and all.

Aldur

FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Tue Mar 13 2007 1:47pm

Could be.

It really is purely conjecture on everyones part concerning what Max was refering to though.
The Way To Yahuweh

The Way To Yahuweh

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Tue Mar 13 2007 2:49pm

Especially considering there is no direct follow up story from Final Conflict (CW not counting).
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Tue Mar 13 2007 9:17pm

Heh. I wonder why no one has considered the possibility that Max has more than one brother? It seems the simplest explanation.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Great Paladin » Thu Mar 15 2007 12:50am

as for the "or maybe..." part, he was jus suggesting other places to go
Great Paladin

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby domingo43 » Thu Mar 15 2007 12:55am

Great Paladin @ Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:50 pm) wrote: as for the "or maybe..." part, he was jus suggesting other places to go

It seemed like it was important than that...like it was significant, but maybe that was just me.

No warez/piracy

No warez/piracy

domingo43

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Thu Mar 15 2007 1:03am

Martin III @ Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:17 pm) wrote: Heh. I wonder why no one has considered the possibility that Max has more than one brother? It seems the simplest explanation.

I disagree. We're discussing posibilites that have links to things we've already seen. You're just bringing something completely unheard of before to try and explain something.

In my opinion, if Max had another brother, they would have told us about it at some point. Not the "one never mentioned or heard about" brother.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Thu Mar 15 2007 9:37pm

Alpha @ Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:03 am) wrote: I disagree. We're discussing posibilites that have links to things we've already seen. You're just bringing something completely unheard of before to try and explain something.

In my opinion, if Max had another brother, they would have told us about it at some point. Not the "one never mentioned or heard about" brother.

Why would they have mentioned another brother before? All the games have shown is Max running around Rune and Paramecia in search of Darksol and Mishaela. Hardly the point to be discussing one of the many relations that you don't keep in touch with.

Adam: Quick, Max, we must stop Mishaela before she revives Darksol!
Max: Say, Adam, did I ever tell you about my brother Arthur? Funny guy; haven't seen him in years, but...

And yeah, like they mentioned Max having a brother before Kane was unmasked. :roll:

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Fri Mar 16 2007 6:17pm

Eh, I still think you're taking it too far, but whatever. It doesn't really bother me if we disagree.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Kaz » Mon Apr 16 2007 12:32am

Perhaps Max does have another brother who is related to Bowie. But as said before, probably not. I'd rather go with the theory that Kane never died.
Kaz

Suspended Indefinitely
Shining Member

Postby domingo43 » Sun Apr 22 2007 1:27am

Shining Force) wrote:(Kane dies)

No warez/piracy

No warez/piracy

domingo43

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Demonic Weasel » Sun Apr 22 2007 2:42am

That doesn't quite matter. By all appearances in SF Mishalea died too. Admittedly, they gave her an excuse to still be alive by explaining that she was in fact a Devil (although I still prefer the theory that she's a Dark Elf), but all the same that doesn't mean Kane is dead. Although it is an indication.
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby domingo43 » Sun Apr 22 2007 2:46am

Although they never said Mishaela dies once you defeat her. Unlike Kane and Darksol.

No warez/piracy

No warez/piracy

domingo43

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Demonic Weasel » Sun Apr 22 2007 4:18am

True. But then they didn't say that Elliot died. Or that Ramaladu died. So, it's still not much to go on.
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Wed Apr 25 2007 12:01am

Demonic Weasel @ Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:18 am) wrote: True. But then they didn't say that Elliot died. Or that Ramaladu died. So, it's still not much to go on.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but your logic here seems pretty screwed up. Let me know if I have this straight: You're saying that if the characters whom the game explicitly says are dead are definitively all dead, then the characters whom the game simply implies are dead must either be definitively all dead or definitively all alive. But since Mishaela was alive, and Elliot and Ramaladu are dead, there's no definitive judgment on whether a character who is implied to be dead is actually dead. Therefore, those characters whom the game explicitly says are dead cannot be said to be definitely dead.

Now, I don't see how the first statement follows. Why can't the characters which the game explicitly says died be considered definitively dead, while reserving judgment for the ones it doesn't speak explicitly of? That's the whole idea of the game saying explicitly "He died" - so that you know that the character is definitively dead.

I have to say that when I played through the game, I just assumed that Max had another brother. The thought that he might be referring to Kane never even crossed my mind. Trying to figure out how Max could have been saying "Let's go to Kane's place" seems an unnatural way of approaching the statement, making it a lot more difficult issue than it really is.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Next

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict