Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict: Battle # 21 is tough, any tips?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Chaos
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Battle # 21 is tough, any tips?

Post by Chaos »

I reached the battle on the Ancient Tower against Mishaela today. This is the first time I go though the game, so I don't have any strategies yet for this fight. This one is tough with the Evil Statues shooting fire blasts and all. Does anybody have any tips or strategies for me to make this battle easier?
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
Demonic Weasel
Waterlord
Shining Legend

Re: Battle # 21 is tough, any tips?

Post by Demonic Weasel »

It'd help if you told us what levels you were at. The basic strategy though is to charge up the first staircase and then hit the sides away from the evil statues. Wait for the enemies to come to you, and then kill them all. Heal up, you should have some healing items with you, then charge up again and cast about 3 bolt level 3's to wipe out at least 3 of the statues, while staying out of Mishalea's range.

Try to kill the other enemies whithout engaging her.
weasels you pansy

uh...
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

Not all the statues fire every turn. Some fire one turn, others fire the next. I believe it doesn't change from that. So if you know the pattern, and which statues will fire next turn, you can place you members in positions where they won't get hit.

And do what DW says. There are a potential 5 people who cast cast Spark, all the way to level 3 (most to level 4). 5 or 4, even 3 Spark 3 spells will do the job.
Chaos
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Chaos »

Thanks for the input DW and Alpha. I'm going to do some serious leveling up first to make it a bit easier. I promoted my characters at level 10, so that was kind of a mistake, but I wanted to see how they looked when they were promoted. :thumbsup:
"Fiery the angels fell / Deep thunder rolled around their shores / Burning with the fires of Orc."
Demonic Weasel
Waterlord
Shining Legend

Post by Demonic Weasel »

Promoting at 10 is fine. Out of my 3 playthroughs thus far I've never promoted at 20 and always come out of it fine.
weasels you pansy

uh...