Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict: What happened to Adam?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Trunks61
Shining Member
Shining Member

What happened to Adam?

Post by Trunks61 »

Spoiler
We all know that the this game takes place after SF1 and starts off and takes place in most of the same areas of SF2... based on that...
What happened to Adam after all the events went down? We can all assume Ian and Max eventually passed on due to old age, but Adam is ageless seeing as how he's a android. My main question was: Why wasn't he mentioned in SF2 or even possibly show up? Is there any story backup explaining what happened to him?
Spoiler
He couldn't battle anymore after he got injured at the beginning of the game...
, but it obviously wasn't enough damage to destroy him or anything. Think he went to ANOTHER land (that hasn't been explored in any shining game to date yet) with Max and Ian? Or just eventually got destroyed?

Or the biggest stretch.... after time he got rebuilt and upgraded into Zynk. Hell, anything is possible.

Discuss your opinion.
"If Justice, like Lightning,
Ever should appear,
To few men ruin,
But to all men fear."
Patrel Rushlock
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

What happened to Adam?

Post by Patrel Rushlock »

I always wondered about a Zynk-Adam connection, even though it's vehemently disliked by most. And with lack of evidence, I can't really argue.

He is in that final scene though isn't he? If so, then I assume he accompanies Max and Ian where ever they travel. I'm more interested in the hinting of Kane being alive.
"It's Beer-o-clock, where the hell's my riot?!?! " - John Crichton
"Reality provides opportunity John." - Scorpious

Tuck's Character Sheet
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: What happened to Adam?

Post by Alpha »

I believe that although he was injured, Adam had a self repairing function inside him. So while he couldn't have done any fighting throughout Final Conflict, he would become fully operational after some time. Given his loyalty to Max, I doubt he would have left Max's side very often, and maybe after Max had passed away, he would just move on.

I like the idea of Kane still being alive. It would be awesome to be able to play a game where you could control Ian, Max and Kane. Imagine Bowie with them too... but they'd be too old by the time Bowie came around...but still.

I think the only reason people even consider a Zynk-Adam connection is that they both come from ancient times and they're both robots. It's nice to think about, but as already said, not much evidence to support anything.
Alexander_13
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Alexander_13 »

for me robots are weird let's think about it robots in the middle age so weird :confused:
anyway yeah adam was injured so mishela in final conflict beats him
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

No offense Alex, but you need to start being more clear. Most of the time I'm not 100% sure what you're on about.

Firstly, it can't be classed as a "middle age". This is because it has no realationship to Earth. There were ancients who were very technilogically advance, but I'm guessing they died out or knowledge eventually was lost. So all the machinery isn't that wierd. Also, there's also magic in the SF world. So pretty much anything could be done, providing people became powerful enough.

Adam was injured in Final Conflict, but as has already been said, he would eventually heal, so technically, he was only temporarily beaten, not permanently.
Me) wrote:I believe that although he was injured, Adam had a self repairing function inside him. So while he couldn't have done any fighting throughout Final Conflict, he would become fully operational after some time.
Alexander_13
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Alexander_13 »

when i said middle age i refer to a period of time like imperial age same as age of empires 2 between 1000AC and 1492AC
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

Patrel Rushlock @ Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:29 pm) wrote: I always wondered about a Zynk-Adam connection, even though it's vehemently disliked by most. And with lack of evidence, I can't really argue.

He is in that final scene though isn't he? If so, then I assume he accompanies Max and Ian where ever they travel. I'm more interested in the hinting of Kane being alive.
If you're refering to where the translation says "Perhaps we should go to Kane's place or..."

I thought it was meaning where Kane had lived, not that he was still alive.

Or are people refering to another bit in the translation...
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

Did Kane die? My SF1 memory is a bit fuzzy. Or is it left unclear?
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

Alpha @ Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:06 pm) wrote: Did Kane die? My SF1 memory is a bit fuzzy. Or is it left unclear?
Well, he fades away after he's been struck like darksol the same way the King And Various did.

Tut then, them dying and teleporting are roughly similar...

Plus, I don't think we got an actual accurate Japanese to English translation of Shining Force 1, as we didn't in Shining Force 2 or Shining Force 3 Scn 1.

They seem to change the translation a bit for us english speaking folks =/

Although, thanks to our Japanese speaking friends and perhaps, translators, we actually get the real translations of the things through :)
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:
Aldur
FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Post by Aldur »

Patrel Rushlock @ Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:29 am) wrote: I always wondered about a Zynk-Adam connection, even though it's vehemently disliked by most. And with lack of evidence, I can't really argue.

I thought the popular theory was that they would go to visit Kane's grave?
TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 129,000/136,000
135/135 HP, 35 AC, 28 AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 28, Fort+32 Reflex+24 Will+27
Energy Resistance Acid: 30
Energy Resistance Cold: 30
Universal Energy Resistance: 10 DR: 10/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Vandal Knowledge, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

13425 personal GP Kalos
0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9-1, 2nd:9/9-1 3rd: 9/9-1 4th: 8/8-1 5th: 7/7-1 6th: 6/6-1
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Post by Rick »

well, if he was instructed to follow Max, maybe he just kinda... shut himself down?
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie
Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:
masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...
-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Alpha
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Alpha »

Or maybe go back to Rune to where he was initially found (again can't remember exactly where, memory fuzzy...). But I guess he was only there to help the hero chosen by light though... any thoughts?
Trunks61
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Trunks61 »

Alpha @ Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:33 pm) wrote: Or maybe go back to Rune to where he was initially found (again can't remember exactly where, memory fuzzy...). But I guess he was only there to help the hero chosen by light though... any thoughts?
A new hero is always chosen by the light. Max, Ian, Bowie.. so I could see him trying to help another force after Max passed away. I'm really wondering what happened to him. Obviously he has no age limit unless destroyed or de activated.
Ever should appear,
To few men ruin,
But to all men fear."
Demonic Weasel
Waterlord
Shining Legend

Post by Demonic Weasel »

Why even worry about it? To tell you the truth I never liked Adam and always assumed that after Final Conflict his role was pretty much dead...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Trunks61
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Trunks61 »

Demonic Weasel @ Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:48 am) wrote: Why even worry about it? To tell you the truth I never liked Adam and always assumed that after Final Conflict his role was pretty much dead...
Because there's a lack of topics that require thought and more than one word answers in the forums here. I thought it might be nice to hear others opinions on something I was curious about. Just because you didn't like the character doesn't mean others don't.
Ever should appear,
To few men ruin,
But to all men fear."
Patrel Rushlock
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Well you have to learn to ignore DW as he tends to make posts like that and just be a little shit in general.

As far as Adam, yeah I'd have to agree he'd of stuck around Max instead of seeking out a 'next' Hero. So unless he went to Moun to become Zynk...

Tuck's Character Sheet
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Post by Rick »

to be honest I don't support the idea that he went to Moun and became Zynk

I mean that could be like saying 'Zynk went to Elbesem shrine after SF2 to wait for Medion's force in the form of Robby...'

I think that the Ancients created many different types of robot personally
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie
Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:
masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...
-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Patrel Rushlock
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

As I've said, no I dont think Zynk = Adam. Though I do think the game developers had Adam in mind. Reason? Just the small idea of "A" Adam and "Z" Zynk having this feeling of first and last to me. Or it could just be a coincidence of translation.

Tuck's Character Sheet
Moogie
Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Unfortunately, Zynk is just the name he was given when the game was translated :( In the Japanese version he's called Bakkasu ("Baccus", like the Roman god of wine and revelry).

I've never gone in for the Adam = Zynk theory... they are too different, the basic structure is nothing alike and they speak very differently.

As for what happened to Adam, I imagine he stayed with Max until the end, he was very faithful to his master! It's possible he was damaged again at some point, even destroyed... or maybe he went on to serve Ian if he survived.

As for Kane, I don't think it's meant to imply he's still alive... just that they're going to somewhere he lived or to his grave.
Check me out on Twitch! :excited:
http://www.twitch.tv/ShiningMoogie
Trunks61
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Trunks61 »

I concur about Kane being dead. It wouldn't make sense and would definately kill the story. As for the Adam=Zynk suggestion, I said it was a long shot. =)
Ever should appear,
To few men ruin,
But to all men fear."