Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What happened to Adam?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Re: What happened to Adam?

Postby Demonic Weasel » Tue Sep 20 2005 12:20am

Sorry, seems like every time I open my mouth at this forum somebody jumps at my throat. Anyway, my idea concerning Adam is basically that he went on with Max and Ian, and that then his role died. Maybe it was left open so that he could come back, but not in the form of Zynk.

I find it most likely that the developers just moved on from that thread and left it behind feeling that to use him again would be to much.

And Patrel, my posts are no more shit than yours.
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby Patrel Rushlock » Tue Sep 20 2005 2:09am

The fact that you have to throw that in at the end of your post proves my point. I guess I just get more fed-up with the typical zit-faced, teased at school, teen angst, bs the internet is flooded with, than I should. You may not even fall into that stero type though, you could of just turned out this way. I just don't see the point of coming into a thread and saying 'this topic is stupid b/c I say so'. Not everyone has been here for years and 'seen it all'. Besides, it wasn't your posts that I referred to as shit... ;)

Now, I agree Kane is and should most likely be dead. I'm just going by what we're given to read. So "Maybe we go to my brother's place, or..." to me hints their going to see a live person, not a stone on the ground. But that could easily just be a translation matter.

I agree Zynk does not = Adam. The short amount of time (80 yrs or less) between SF2 and FC wouldn't explain the deterioration. I wonder if Zynk where there though when Adam & Co. roll thru Moun in FC? But in SF2 it seemed to my that Zynk's presense was new, and in relation to the trouble with the devils...?
"It's Beer-o-clock, where the hell's my riot?!?! " - John Crichton
"Reality provides opportunity John." - Scorpious

Tuck's Character Sheet

Tuck's Character Sheet
Patrel Rushlock

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby mad_cat_42 » Tue Sep 20 2005 2:11am

Patrel, DW, stop the flame war before it begins.

Regarding Kane, this is a direct quote from SF1:
WARNING: SPOILER!

Regarding Adam, it's possible that, after Max and Ian passed on, his years of journeying finally took enough of a toll that his body ended up as Zynx'. Zynx looks somewhat skeletal, possibly Adam got damaged and couldn't get repaired? After meeting up with Bowie and taking down Zeon, he could have gotten the parts needed to repair and rebuild himself, ending up as Robbie.

It's a thought.
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Patrel Rushlock » Tue Sep 20 2005 7:45am

Less time elapses between FC and SF2 than I think you think does. (confusing :) ) Remember Hawel is still around, so that's not exactly enough time for Adam to be falling apart, unless he's had a rough time for some reason. Not trying to shoot down your thought, just offering a counterpoint.

Tuck's Character Sheet

Tuck's Character Sheet
Patrel Rushlock

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Trunks61 » Tue Sep 20 2005 8:11am

Patrel Rushlock @ Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:45 am) wrote: Less time elapses between FC and SF2 than I think you think does. (confusing :) ) Remember Hawel is still around, so that's not exactly enough time for Adam to be falling apart, unless he's had a rough time for some reason. Not trying to shoot down your thought, just offering a counterpoint.

But Hawel was just a kid in FC. He could be a 80-90 year old guy in II, which would explain why the two weak galam soldiers were able to defeat him so easily. Just a thought.
"If Justice, like Lightning,
Ever should appear,
To few men ruin,
But to all men fear."
"If Justice, like Lightning,
Ever should appear,
To few men ruin,
But to all men fear."
Trunks61

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Patrel Rushlock » Tue Sep 20 2005 9:55am

Look at my post before last, I suggested the same amount of time as you just said, AND suggested that it not be enough time to of warn Adam down to a Zynk-like state.

Tuck's Character Sheet

Tuck's Character Sheet
Patrel Rushlock

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby mad_cat_42 » Tue Sep 20 2005 11:26pm

I just thought of something else. What if he ended up getting some sort of virus or glitch that caused him to remove his outer shell? Possibly an unknown side-effect of him getting a beatdown at the beginning of FC. He's really the only robot (he knows of, at least) at that point in time. If anything were to happen, there's no one there to fix him.
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Demonic Weasel » Wed Sep 21 2005 1:15am

That's another reason why the Adam/Zynk storyline isn't that feasible. Who's going to fix him? The more I think about it the more I see that there could be a good recurring storyline for him after FC... but I guess he was rejected. It seems that he could have made a good appearance in SF2... or SW I guess, but not really.

Part of the problem is that by the time that FC was made and the storylines started getting dried up there wasn't really any extra room for Adam.
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby Patrel Rushlock » Wed Sep 21 2005 4:13am

Demonic Weasel @ Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:15 pm) wrote: That's another reason why the Adam/Zynk storyline isn't that feasible. Who's going to fix him?

Huh? Is he supposed to off himself once no one else is around to fix him? Or am I reading this wrong? Remember that he doesn't need others to repair him, as he has his own repair system. His only worry would be parts I suppose though.

Tuck's Character Sheet

Tuck's Character Sheet
Patrel Rushlock

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Demonic Weasel » Wed Sep 21 2005 5:44pm

I guess that's sort of what I'm implying. The extent to which his self-repair works isn't clear, so perhaps he could completely repair himself, perhaps not. All the same you're right, if he's broken and needs a new part where is he going to get it?
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Wed Sep 21 2005 5:52pm

He'd probably have to salvage something somewhere. The problem being finding that something and that somewhere.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 21 2005 7:06pm

I think its important to remember that Zynk is a non-combat robot when you first meet him, once he gets angry he overides his programming to battle. Now Adam is a full fledged warrior by then with absolutely no qualms with busting out lasers, sabers, claws and cords. Why would Adam throw a shield on his face? Why would he downgrade himself(Zynk looks more primitive than Adam by far, Adam had floating parts before promotion). The reason Adam doesnt fight in FC is because he is damaged in the prelude, NOT that he was programmed not to fight anymore.

About Kane, while he was on his death bed he gave Max his sword, in the remake he makes one last effort to save Max from Darksol before he dies. (that is right before Ramladu)

Logically, Adam is probably hibernating till the next return of Dark Dragon.
-/|\-Chrome General Eric-/|\-
``\\--The Shining Legion--//``

3DS FC: 1478-3297-4358
-/|\-Chrome General Eric-/|\-
``\\--The Shining Legion--//``

3DS FC: 1478-3297-4358
Eric

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby mad_cat_42 » Thu Sep 22 2005 1:49am

Eric, you have a few things messed up. Prompt was not where he died, in either of the versions. In both times he teleported to the Tower of the Ancients in a last-ditch attempt to stop Darksol. He failed and Darksol killed him. In the remake, his spirit manages to save Max from beyond the grave. Extremely corny.

Now back to the topic at hand, I've seen robots with morality issues before. Perhaps the weight of all the living beings he killed, evil or not, finally got to him. As a robot he is effectively immortal until he is damaged beyond repair. As such, he has to live with the fact that he has killed or helped to kill numerous living beings. Since he really doesn't want anymore of that on his conscious, he programs himself for non-violence.
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Patrel Rushlock » Thu Sep 22 2005 5:48am

How about we take this in another direction? What, other than being Adam, could be Zynk's origin?

Tuck's Character Sheet

Tuck's Character Sheet
Patrel Rushlock

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Demonic Weasel » Thu Sep 22 2005 6:01pm

Well in LoGI there's Adam and Chaos. In Sf3 there's Robby. Why shouldn't Zynk just be another creation of the ancients? It seems clear that they had the means to do so, and it's not at all unlikely.
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby mad_cat_42 » Sat Sep 24 2005 3:05am

But then what's his purpose? And why has he continued to exist for 1000 odd years?
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Demonic Weasel » Sat Sep 24 2005 4:18am

Well you know unless destroyed or deactivated I beleive that robots are ageless...

Okay, that was bad but it does answer you second question. As to his purpose, well there honestly doesn't seem to be enough of him in the game to make a good guess. Got any theories of your own?
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby Kaz » Wed Sep 28 2005 11:20pm

Demonic Weasel @ Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:01 pm) wrote: Well in LoGI there's Adam and Chaos. In Sf3 there's Robby. Why shouldn't Zynk just be another creation of the ancients? It seems clear that they had the means to do so, and it's not at all unlikely.

I do believe they mention lynk being another creation from the ancients... but personally I think that it's just a flaw in the storyline.

sf1 ancients
sf2 ancients

Maybe this is because of the fact that they are on different continents, but still.
Kaz

Suspended Indefinitely
Shining Member

Postby Demonic Weasel » Thu Sep 29 2005 12:08am

Could you make that a little clearer please? The ancients are one and the same, that doesn't mean that the robots can't be spread out.
weasels you pansy

uh...
weasels you pansy

uh...
Demonic Weasel

Waterlord
Shining Legend

Postby mad_cat_42 » Thu Sep 29 2005 2:12am

Demonic Weasel @ Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:18 pm) wrote: Well you know unless destroyed or deactivated I beleive that robots are ageless...

Okay, that was bad but it does answer you second question. As to his purpose, well there honestly doesn't seem to be enough of him in the game to make a good guess. Got any theories of your own?

a) I already said that.

b) It does not explain why he has continued to exist as shoddy as he has while Adam and Robbie are running around.

c) I already stated my theories.

Proof that reading posts before replying to them is a good thing. ;)
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict