Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Oddeye

Weapons

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Oddeye

Postby Lucifer » Wed Jun 24 2015 10:15pm

Since Oddeye is a Greater Devil (GDVL), can he equip cursed items/weapons without the negative effects?
Lucifer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Oddeye

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Thu Jun 25 2015 7:21am

That's what I had hoped for, but unfortunately the programmers didn't account for that so he's affected just like anyone else.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Lucifer » Fri Jun 26 2015 10:14pm

How disappointing, I would have enjoyed putting the Sword of Darkness to good use and the novelty of having Oddeye wield it.

edit: Is it possible to edit Oddeye's items while in the village? If so, I can't seem to figure out how. If it's not possible and you give him an item during the battle, then you egress, is the item lost?

(i.e. He starts with a Critical Sword, and you give him the White Ring to equip. You are then forced to egress for whatever reason. Will he start the battle with his initial Critical Sword, or is your White Ring still safely in his inventory? [I'd rather not risk it if someone already knows.])
Lucifer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Sat Jun 27 2015 10:44am

You can only give him items in battle but they'll indeed stay with him after egressing. Though now that you mention it, I used the debug mode code to make him part of the force roster once. It's difficult to achieve but this thread might be helpful for future playthroughs: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25359
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict