Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict: Final Conflict Sprite Fan Art

What would the characters look like nowadays?

Discussion about this excellent Game Gear RPG.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Re: Final Conflict Sprite Fan Art

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Haha thanks Nash. I would have loved to do the entire game but fan game remakes do seem to get shutdown by Sega. It's not worth the effort to do all the work and then have them shut you down. That's why I just do the sprite art for fun.

EDIT:
Okay here is the first crack at Hydra. I like the views except the back. I got a little lazy on that one and tried to use my Wyrm tail, but it doesn't look quite right.
HydraSFCArt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nash Vegas

Post by Nash Vegas »

Not bad Caedmonball19. I agree the back doesn't look as good as the other views. Wasn't the back kind of a weave in the original sprite? Kind of like the necks were tangled up. When will we see the next addition? By your older posts you should be almost done with these.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Ask and ye shall receive :)

I was actually finishing up this Bowrider when I saw your message come through.

I think is one of the better ones in a while. The bowgun was fun to try and recreate.
BowriderSFCArt.png
Executioner:
ExecutionerSFCArt.png
Gargoyle:
GargoyleSFCArt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Caedmonball19 on Wed May 14 2014 9:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nash Vegas

Post by Nash Vegas »

Hey Caedmonball19 the executioner looks pretty good. I noticed in one of your last posts you said you only had a few left to do. I was looking and I think you might be missing a couple.

Slime
Kraken Arm
Kraken Leg
Witch
Demon Statue
Red Dragon
Mishaela Doll
Magic Balls
Darksol
Dark General

I hope this doesn't deter you but I wanted to make sure you got to all of them, because the whole collection would be great!

Edited down my list since you uploaded more :)
Last edited by Nash Vegas on Wed May 14 2014 10:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Yikes you are right. I had Gargoyle on my list still. Max should be an easy edit since I have his regular sprite. Mishaela Doll might not be bad either. I'm not sure how I missed the Witch. I wasn't planning on slime since there are already some slimes made by other people that would work fine. I will see how I'm doing after finishing the rest of the list :) Thanks for keeping me honest!

EDIT:
Okay so I have added a new sprite to the top and placed it in a spolier tag just in case somone hasn't played yet. Don't open the spoiler if you don't want to know :)
Spoiler
EvilMaxSFCArt.png
EDIT 2:
In looking at Mishaela I realized that since I did that one early on I had taken the easy route with it. Here is a new Mishaela that I think fits her sketch from the Final Conflict guide book better.
Mishaela2SFCArt.png

I also tried to do a little animation with her casting a spell. Here is what I threw together.
Mishaela.gif
EDIT 3:
Added a Gargoyle to the first post. He was mostly a recolor though didn't take too long. I will look more at the battle image and see if I need to alter him. Thought this was a good start though.
Nash Vegas

Post by Nash Vegas »

Looking good Caedmonball19. On the Mishaela animation I would change it so on I think the 4th and 5th frames the staff is still glowing. Looks strange that she starts glowing and the staff isn't
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

You know how to burst my bubbles :) Just kidding. Initially I wasn't making a gif image and then decided to put the two images, one of her glowing and one of the staff glowing together. I didn't pay close enough attention to how they would flow. I may adjust that later but not until I get done with the rest of these sprites. I am working on the witch right now.
Nash Vegas

Post by Nash Vegas »

Saw your post about someone using your sprites for a project. Made me think about this post. Will you be finishing up your sprites for this game? Will you do sprites for other games? I would love to see some SF1 bosses: Kane, Elliot, Balbazak, Ramladu.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Sorry about the delay in responding..... life gets in the way. That would actually be really fun to do. Before I think about SF1 characters I better finish my SFFC ones :) I think I had started on the Witch, but that was a while ago. Maybe I can set a goal of finishing one a week. I was getting out at least 1 a day before :)

EDIT:
Looked at what I had done on the Witch and it was more than I remembered.... so I finished it :)
WitchSFCArt.png
EDIT 2:
Yeah so maybe this week is more than 1 :) Here is the Demon Statue. I learned my lesson with Mudman that if I'm going chibi style to go chibi style with all. (Mudman will get a redo eventually). So this statue has large head, but I think it goes well with the rest.
DemonStatueSFCArt.png
Here he is animated with a glowing eye :) It was nice not doing all poses for once.
Demon Statue.gif
Nash Vegas

Post by Nash Vegas »

Yay! More Sprites. They look great Caedmonball19. I agree the Demon Statue matches better than the Mudman. So here is my updated list of remaining sprites for you (Don't Be Discouraged, It's Almost Complete!):

Slime
Kraken Arm
Kraken Leg
Red Dragon
Mishaela Doll
Magic Balls
Darksol
Dark General

As you said long ago though a couple of these should be easy. Mishaela, Slime and Magic Balls should go quick :)
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Its good to see you working in this again. The new sprites are great!
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

DiegoMM wrote:Its good to see you working in this again. The new sprites are great!
Thanks Diego. I figured I should finish what I started :)

Question for you all.... The "Magic Balls" is there a cutscene attack for these or is just a map attack? I can't remember how it worked and I haven't found a good video about it.

I'm thinking of doing the Mishaela Doll next, same thing as a Marionette correct?

EDIT:
Here is Mishaela, recolored, with a higher neck cape and presto it's a Mishaela Doll :) I kept the blue face which isn't completely accurate, but leaving it gray made it hard to see the difference between hair and face. There was a lot of Gray on the Marionette Battler.
MishaelaDollSFCArt.png
EDIT 2:
For everyone wanting sprites from another game apparently Balbazak will get done since the Dark general appears to be a replica of him. :) Since Darksol is also on the list that will make Darksol, Mishaela and Balbazak done :)
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Yes, if I remember correctly Magic Balls has cutscene attack.
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

In listening to a video from ehow22 it seems as though they were jsut restoring MP throughout the battle. This is in conflict to multiple guides on the web that say these balls explode when attacked. I saw a Bolt Lvl 2 spell with the Magic Ball in range not affect it, and no cutscene animation for it. Guess it just needs a bobbing sprite then.
topdognyc

Post by topdognyc »

Those sprites look incredible!
sbloom85
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by sbloom85 »

These are pretty cool. but the last three sprite links are broken. Have you considered doing the others?
Nash Vegas

Post by Nash Vegas »

I haven't been on in a while but I was hoping to see more sprites done. Maybe someone else can pick up where this was left off at. It's almost there!
The new RPG Maker is a larger sprite size than VX ace was so maybe someone could start making at the new size.
Caedmonball19
The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Post by Caedmonball19 »

Glad to see some people still looking at these :) I looked at the images and they look fine to me. Anyone else not seeing the last 3 sprites? Sorry Nash but I started new positions in my company the last 2 years and has not allowed me to edit sprites. I don't even have GIMP on my new computer yet :) I did try on Piskel but it was too hard and did not allow me to copy and paste from other images. As I said I am more of a franken-spriter.
Wulfunruh
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Wulfunruh »

Decided this post wasn't applicable to the original subject..
GregoryRON

Final Conflict Sprite Fan Art

Post by GregoryRON »

Please start a thread of your own and post all your art on that thread. Do not start a new thread for every piece of art work. Thank you