Shining Blade: What can we do to localize Shining Blade

Another Japan-only modern Shining title for the PSP.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Geoffrey Duke
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: What can we do to localize Shining Blade

Post by Geoffrey Duke »

So if anyone wants to play this game then they either need to be able to read Japanese or hack the game.

That's a shame.
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

Yes, sure. It's Sad (As it's Sad Wind never been ported in west, even if the story was butchered, I am happy that Tears X Wind tell the story of Wind)

The game I really would like to play too is Shining Wind X, it's a 2D classical Shining force game similar to the gaiden and a game who tell us what's happen between Tears X Wind and Blade.

What a pity it was only a mobile game, I would love a remake of this game for Vita and PS3 using the gameplay from Blade with the battle upgrade of Ark

but japanese is not entirely needed to play Shining blade. I don't Talk japanese but was able to understand and finish the game.
The game is in japanese, but the whole storyline is fully voiced and use mostly simply language.

My only knowlegde of japanese came from anime I watch and I nearly understand thee whole storyline and most of the character side stories

The fact I knew half of the character helped, it's true (I have played Tears and watched Tears X Wind), but I think the game can be understand by every people who watch often anime with sub.

I have much more difficulty to understand the storyline of Shining Ark who have less voiced part and more complexe language level (but from what I understand, It's very dull and uninteresting, far worse than Blade)
Geoffrey Duke
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Geoffrey Duke »

Unfortunately I doubt there would be a big demand for this type of game outside of Japan even if people had more money to spend.

So we'd best just forget about it unless you are a huge fan of these games. There's nothing we can do.
Last edited by Geoffrey Duke on Thu Oct 10 2013 3:32am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ShiningForceKaya »

have you tried contacting groups that specialize in localization?

there is one going on right now ( till September 13) and they are doing a poll for which games to coe over. One is Shining Hearts.
http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-lo ... ami-polls/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
even if shining hearts doesn't win, the poll information goes to sega for future reference...... we could try bringing shining force into exhistance again this way.

maybe a place like this would be the place to go to.
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Geoffrey Duke
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Geoffrey Duke »

It's probably best just to find something else to support Kaya. I am sure there are lots of games worth supporting. The Shining series, sadly, isn't one of them. Time will tell I guess.

Post by ShiningForceKaya »

Geoffrey Duke wrote:It's probably best just to find something else to support Kaya. I am sure there are lots of games worth supporting. The Shining series, sadly, isn't one of them. Time will tell I guess.
just curious, if shining force isn't worth supporting like you say it is, when why are you staying here (as in this site) and supporting it? I have hope, it will take time, but no matter what I will never give up.
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

and as Shining blade is a very good game (just too easy like ROTDD) and Ark is a good game too, the series merit to be supported
Geoffrey Duke
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Geoffrey Duke »

ShiningForceKaya wrote:
Geoffrey Duke wrote:It's probably best just to find something else to support Kaya. I am sure there are lots of games worth supporting. The Shining series, sadly, isn't one of them. Time will tell I guess.
just curious, if shining force isn't worth supporting like you say it is, when why are you staying here (as in this site) and supporting it? I have hope, it will take time, but no matter what I will never give up.
That's a good question. I guess old habits die hard. I used to be a really hardcore Sega fan so sticking around just became second nature I guess. I still like to keep an eye on things even though the Sega I knew and loved died with the Dreamcast.

I understand why Sega made Neo. I just wish they hadn't called it Shining Force. Neo and Exa will never compare to SF1-2-3 and STHA and Wisdom for me (not to mention Shining Rogue AKA Landstalker). Hopefully one day Sega will make a true 3D Shining Force game. The intellectual property has a lot of potential IMO and that potential is just going to waste on action/RPGs and portable games, although Blade seems like a step in the right direction compared to the abomination that was Neo.

You seem like a nice person Kaya so take my advice: Find something that's not dead to support. For me that game is World of Warcraft until something better comes along. At least I know it's not going anywhere for a while.
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

The game is now fully translated by cyber akuma, it's would be cool is somone could contact him and asking him if he is ok to use his translation for doing a translation patch.

I know Stormyu said he would work on Force feather first, but Force feather translation isn't finished, the one of Blade is. It would be cool to make Blade before while wanting the translation of Force Feather.

And Blade is also a better game than Force Feather
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

chevkraken wrote:The game is now fully translated by cyber akuma, it's would be cool is somone could contact him and asking him if he is ok to use his translation for doing a translation patch.

I know Stormyu said he would work on Force feather first, but Force feather translation isn't finished, the one of Blade is. It would be cool to make Blade before while wanting the translation of Force Feather.

And Blade is also a better game than Force Feather
Alternatively, it wouldn't be a bad idea to sort a game script for the main SFC site until an actual translation patch is worked on.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jhonjorems

Post by Jhonjorems »

Not gonna happen, its all about the sales and most Westerners wouldn't give this game a chance even if it was good. SEGA does seem to localize their games more than other companies but I still don't see it happening.
Banshee

Post by Banshee »

I think that someone should make a guide to help translate the town's and battle system. There shouldn't be much more needed... similar to the guide for Shining Force Feather. It's extremely unlikely that there will a US release of any of the PSP games.
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

cyber akuma's translation: https://cyberakuma.livejournal.com/10948.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 4141-8948-4277
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey

https://www.instagram.com/stephen_ridley_art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neutral
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Neutral »

You may be in luck.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/shining-ark ... ue.576918/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

Neutral wrote:You may be in luck.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/shining-ark ... ue.576918/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great news, thanks

https://www.instagram.com/stephen_ridley_art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neutral
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Neutral »

rid1ey wrote:
Great news, thanks
I'm very hopeful this and shining force feather are done,all 3 look excellent. Tears would be nice but I doubt it'll happen.
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

Neutral wrote:
rid1ey wrote:
Great news, thanks
I'm very hopeful this and shining force feather are done,all 3 look excellent. Tears would be nice but I doubt it'll happen.
I'm gonna guess you mean Wind, right? I like the Soul, Tears, Wind games ...Tears is best played on an emulator because of the sluggish loading and disk noise. They did quite a good job of creating lore and making an expansive world on that game. Tears was made with a lot of love shame it does not run smoothly.

Neutral
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Neutral »

Feather and wind