Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums SFC Forum RPG Discussion
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

The early bird gets the worm, but...

Playing the SFC Forum RPG? Got a question or just want to talk about it? This is the place!

Re: The early bird gets the worm, but...

Postby alex_man » Sat Sep 03 2016 4:02am

i'm playing gta v we should do like michael put a boom in the cellphone of the spammer lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmUQptXfiWs :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Stordarth » Sat Sep 03 2016 4:14am

I've hopefully been able to shut this down. I've made an announcement about it.

Dr. Doom, I edited out the link from the pm you pasted just to prevent anyone else from following it.
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby alex_man » Sat Sep 03 2016 4:29am

thanks Stor :thumbsup:
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Sat Sep 03 2016 5:57am

Stordarth wrote:I've hopefully been able to shut this down. I've made an announcement about it.

Dr. Doom, I edited out the link from the pm you pasted just to prevent anyone else from following it.

But, Stor, what if I was enjoying that robot touch? Thank you, for again playing the heavy mod hand and ruining everyone's fun. However, if you care to practice that heavy hand in private, let me know.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Sat Sep 03 2016 9:44am

How on earth did the spam bot reach this website? lol. Must be somebody from here :)
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Stordarth » Sat Sep 03 2016 1:47pm

No, a bunch of parasites just spam links across the web with no regard for where they drop their shit. Hopefully the adjustment will have the desired effect with no unintended repurcussions for legitimate users.

Rune, you love my heavy hands more than any robot.
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby alex_man » Sun Sep 04 2016 6:34pm

good news :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sin Jackal » Mon Sep 05 2016 4:33pm

Stordarth wrote:As for the quietness, I'll grant you that it hasn't helped, but that's not the main reason the forums are as they are. There hasn't been a new Shining game worth a damn for years, and we've almost exhausted the topics for the games we grew up with. Members are growing up, getting careers, having kids, moving house, and moving on from here. You're welcome to disagree, but I think that if you consider that, blaming it all on the way the mods moderated is using too broad a stroke.

I didn't blame every single absence on the modding. You're strawmanning.

I can go to gamefaqs and go to a random game forum from some off the wall game that came out 18 years ago and it's still bustling with activity because the environment is good there. From doing a skim of some of the threads I see that other than people from the little friend clique who got preferential treatment, barely anyone else is posting actively.

While I obviously couldn't say some of the reasons you gave aren't why some people have left, to the logical man, the major factor is quite obviously the treatment of the people who have been here. You can pose any musings about the possibilities of why a small portion of people may leave, but you know that isn't the major reason why this place is desolate whether you admit it openly or not (at least I hope you haven't convinced yourself to thinking the moderation didn't matter or wasn't a big factor). Those who were treated better than everyone else are still mostly here and still posting. Those that weren't, are all gone aside from a few. . .extremely patient people.

I would even be so bold as to say that is pretty much what you guys were going for. You guys just didn't forsee how barren the place would get after you passive aggressively alienated everyone you didn't like so they knew they weren't welcome here. Too bad, since this was a decent forum for awhile there. I liked a few of the people from here.
Sin Jackal

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Stordarth » Mon Sep 05 2016 6:52pm

I never said you did, so you can put down your 'strawman' sign. But you are blaming much of it on the moderation. Which I still think you're overplaying. And you're still welcome to disagree, and so we'll have to agree to disagree.

I would even be so bold as to say that is pretty much what you guys were going for. You guys just didn't forsee how barren the place would get after you passive aggressively alienated everyone you didn't like so they knew they weren't welcome here. Too bad, since this was a decent forum for awhile there. I liked a few of the people from here.

This is just flat out crap, though.

We weren't going for that at all. And I actually did like you before all this kicked off. I remember you being around before I was a moderator, and long before this shop. And Pahn. You both seemed grounded, and I was genuinely glad to see you both come back for the shop, believing your presence would enrich discussion on the boards.

Then you both started acting up and drew the team's attention. Perhaps after the initial incidents, we over-scrutinised your behaviour, but you ignore the fact that your own actions drew us to pay attention to you in the first place. The way you speak now, it's as if you think you're somehow blameless in what went down. You aren't. Because you're forgetting one thing: the moderating team does not act without cause to think there is need to.

I maintain that I am sorry for the way things ended up going, because alienation was never the goal, but don't mistake my apology as absolution for your own actions, either.

Whether you choose to acknowledge your own role in those events or not, is up to you. It's all your choice. You can cling onto it, or you can let it go. You can keep harbouring resentment for the team, or you can draw a line and get on with things. You can do something else entirely. So long as you're cool and decent in whatever you choose to do going forward, I'll have no quarrel with you. Same goes for everyone.

That's my final word on this. Have fun with the shop. If you want.
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Rune » Tue Sep 06 2016 3:48am

Sin Jackal wrote:I can go to gamefaqs and go to a random game forum from some off the wall game that came out 18 years ago and it's still bustling with activity because the environment is good there. From doing a skim of some of the threads I see that other than people from the little friend clique who got preferential treatment, barely anyone else is posting actively.

Yet Phantasy Star 4 hasn't see a post in 5 days and only has only 4 active topics. But hey, you said some off the wall game, not the best RPG on the Sega Genesis and one of the top games of that entire generation. So I suppose that doesn't count.

Come on, are you really coming back to an online forum to complain about how you weren't popular enough to be treated nicely? Stor may be too level headed to call you out on that, but I'm not.

Also, the mods were watching you closely when you were active with the forum rpg because I kept reporting you for trolling and for playing the game without posting. It wasn't the mods trying to force you out, it was the rest of the community. Yes, I and others disliked you, so we pushed you away. That's what people do when they dislike someone. However, with Dr Doom, that's a completely different case and these comments are not directed at him.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby alex_man » Tue Sep 06 2016 5:54pm

send more apples :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Thu Sep 08 2016 3:21pm

yes more apples on way :)
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby alex_man » Thu Sep 08 2016 9:07pm

send them :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Sun Sep 11 2016 9:51am

I see somebody else is buying apples from the store :)
I smell competition hah
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby alex_man » Sun Sep 11 2016 6:28pm

i can't buy them so is not me :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Mon Sep 12 2016 3:23pm

another apple bought :D I like it, lets keep it that way haha.
I now have to search apples through battles and chests
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby alex_man » Mon Sep 12 2016 7:17pm

and we got a new player so i hope he buys my apples :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Sun Oct 30 2016 11:49am

more apples :D only me buying them at the moment as usual :) no challenge
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby alex_man » Sun Oct 30 2016 5:32pm

well at least we are playing :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby SaCred » Sat Nov 05 2016 12:21pm

haha yes that is the main thing :) 2 ninjas still going strong
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to SFC Forum RPG Discussion