Shining Hearts: Shining Hearts Opening!

debut video

Discussion about the new Japanese Shining game for PSP.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Forum rules
As this is a new game please be careful of posting spoilers! Don't forget to use the spoiler tags :)
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Shining Hearts Opening!

Post by sulfuroxp »

sbloom85
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shining Hearts Opening!

Post by sbloom85 »

Wow... I wonder if Square allowed them to use the Keyblade, or if there's going to be a lawsuit because of what the logo resembles. In either case, I can't wait to see some in-game footage. I won't base any opinion until I see some gameplay.
Now playing: Shining the Holy Ark and Shining Wisdom
Moogie
Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

Just looks like a key to me. I googled 'keyblade' and it brought up a sword that looks a bit like a key. The key through the heart doesn't really look like a sword.

Anyhoo, will reserve judgement, but it's not looking like something to get excited about yet. Except maybe the sexy anime pirates! Yarr!
Check me out on Twitch! :excited:
http://www.twitch.tv/ShiningMoogie
Marky
Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Post by Marky »

I have to admit, the intro was pretty good, and the Western European/Galic tune sounded nice since Western Europe was well-reputed for sea-faring.

But still, the story where you have to battle pirates on the sea, gather things on the sea, and then go back to the island to unlock exploratory areas seems a bit tasteless. But these are my initial thoughts though. I could be eating crow in a year from now.
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Post by sulfuroxp »

uploading HD video ... record-from-the-screen video deleted

EDIT2 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxuELJtfxI

EDIT3 = no HD, oh well u___u
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Marky @ Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 am) wrote: But still, the story where you have to battle pirates on the sea, gather things on the sea, and then go back to the island to unlock exploratory areas seems a bit tasteless.
:lol: You just can't get your mind out of the gutter, can you, Marky?

I was pleasantly surprised by the intro myself. Definitely going to wait for more word on the gameplay before I even start considering actually getting the game, though. I'd need to purchase a PSP for this one, so I'll need some serious convincing.

Just for the sake of the Shining series's prosperity, though, I hope that it turns out to be at least pretty good.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Crystalgate
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Crystalgate »

Looks quite good as long as you factor out most of the outfits. Other than that however, I can't make out much of that trailer. Well, the mysterious girl is supposed to be mysterious with a lot of danger involved as evident by the red background, but that's it.

I don't find trailers such as these useful. They rarely show anything relevant. I wonder when we get a gameplay footage.
Marky
Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Post by Marky »

Martin III @ Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 pm) wrote: :lol: You just can't get your mind out of the gutter, can you, Marky?

I was pleasantly surprised by the intro myself. Definitely going to wait for more word on the gameplay before I even start considering actually getting the game, though. I'd need to purchase a PSP for this one, so I'll need some serious convincing.

Just for the sake of the Shining series's prosperity, though, I hope that it turns out to be at least pretty good.
I don't own a PSP either, but a Sequel to Valkyria Chronicles is going to be released for the PSP. So that is another reason to purchase the PSP.

And nope, I have good reason to keep my mind in the gutter.... in case you forgotten, these new shining games so far are not very "shining".
swamperon
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by swamperon »

The trailer was actually pretty good but the game itself doesn't interest me.

It's sad that the only post Shining Force III Shining game I'm interested in, Shining Cross, will never be released outside of Japan. I'm still hoping for a console port!
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Marky @ Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:05 am) wrote: And nope, I have good reason to keep my mind in the gutter.... in case you forgotten, these new shining games so far are not very "shining".
I don't see the connection...
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind