Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 2 THE EVIL DAWN (CROSS OVER)

The Evil Dawn Crossed Over

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Shining Force 2 THE EVIL DAWN (CROSS OVER)

Postby AminKhan » Sun Feb 19 2017 1:50pm

Hi Guys

New Mod Updates

1) Eric successfully changed into a sdmn just check and tell me for bugs
2) The 4 characters at the creeds mansion have some new weapons along with taya.
3) The thief's weapons are now usable by sdmn and hero i dont know about the animation.REPORT FOR BUGS
4) The thief's weapons are now set to 1-2 max ranges as suggested.
5) Some dialogues in the game have been successfully changed.
6) Portraits and many more things we don't know about but i will check out for and economic table faults and correct and release beta 2

"I'M HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE CROSSING OVER WAS A SUCCESS SO THE GAME MIGHT HAVE SOME NEW FEATURE WE DON'T EVEN I DON'T KNOW ABOUT"

i value you'r suggestions just comment me below and i will try to do it

maintenance completed

http://adf.ly/1mZ9Hw

the agi glitch was fixed
wolfman and kiwi were brought into notice
they got stat increases and phnx got magic
crossing over of two games sf2 mods the evil dawn and other language portrait and many more things was done.

THNX and like Share

Visit my website

http://www.modmakers.weebly.com

REMEMBER THAT THE MESSAGES BELOW ARE TO OLD
UPDATED ON:
5/13/2017
Last edited by AminKhan on Sat May 13 2017 6:38am, edited 14 times in total.
AminKhan

Re: Shining Force 2 new mod

Postby ZethaPonderer » Tue Feb 21 2017 7:40pm

Hi there AminKhan.

Just want to be clear here. I tried downloading your mod but just wondering if the link you present is loaded with malware or viruses? I've been there where I downloaded something from a website that seems harmless until I started installing the stuff on my PC after I downloaded.

Just want to be sure the link you're presenting is safe to download and won't give anyone malware in the process.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Tue Feb 21 2017 7:45pm

Yes bro the link is save sound and secure no melwares at all i have tested it many times thnx for the reply if u find any bugs or need any assistance ill be here.

SO bro was there any melware
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Tue Feb 21 2017 8:18pm

Sorry I'm busy right now. At 6:30 PM Central Time US I'll check. Currently studying right now, thanks for your input.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Tue Feb 21 2017 8:21pm

K thnx bro and remember that i updated the mod just now bye tc
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 1:11am

Ok I downloaded your updated mod safely for the most part. Your link did pop up another window where it linked to speedyfilesrecover that was about to download a program when I accidentally clicked a button that popped out of nowhere. This is a virus website when I clicked on the download button. Even my Adblock was not enough to stop it from happening.

No need to worry. It's a good thing my antivirus program stopped the program from being downloaded, but the good news is that I downloaded your rom and see how your game goes.

Take care AminKhan. :) Oh and welcome to SF Central Forums. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Also digging the subtitle there for your mod 'SF2: The Evil Dawn'.

Edit: Just to update you on my progress. Finished the first battle of the game and now I'm at the 2nd battle. Currently playing Shining Force 3 along with The Forbidden Series 2 so it's going to be a tight schedule for me to play your game, but so far I don't think it's bad or anything.

I just want to point my first time assumption when playing your mod.

The main character's animation stays still when going up even in battle. His animation doesn't move when moving up. I like that you try to give the main character the promoted look, but in battle he still uses his unpromoted battle sprite just so you know. Do enemies in this game have high attack power? Cause they're doing a lot of damage even in Normal Mode. If so, then at what percent (25% bonus on ATTK?). Also, I try to see if the Power Sword has a special effect like the Fire Sword Levanter in the original cause of the price tag. But, so far it just seems like an expensive sword to me with low attack power. Does the Power Sword have a special effect? Also, I don't see the Power Sword when the main character REX attacks in battle.

All in all, this hack seems competent, but a little unpolished on some areas. If this is your first time hacking AminKhan then it's not bad. Take my assumptions with a grain of salt if you wish.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 10:08am

Thnx bro
Ill fix everythin u told as quickly as possible and change the spirit but its giving me an error that's why i can't fix its upward moving frame over all its just 25-30% atck and defense with gold up for monster means if there atck was 8 then now its 18 with hp ill lower the power sword cost too and the caravan is not working to lemme change power swords spirit
Thnx ill be working on it and yes its my first mod for sega

EDIT:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "caravan.py", line 845, in OnSave
File "caravan.py", line 1047, in saveFile
File "rom.pyo", line 2935, in writeAllData
File "rom.pyo", line 3279, in writeSprites
File "rom.pyo", line 2773, in writeBytes
TypeError: Non-hexadecimal digit found

im getting this error while editing the spirite
Last edited by AminKhan on Wed Feb 22 2017 5:35pm, edited 2 times in total.
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 2:54pm

While I'm grateful for you to address the issues of your mod, I'm curious. What editor did you use to make this hack? SF2Editor or Caravan Editor? Hopefully so you can address these issues to the respective topic that's all about editor issues.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 3:00pm

Im using both sf2 editor and caravan 0.5 and 0.6 unstable
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 3:13pm

Wow using both editors huh? I have no knowledge of the Caravan Editor while I'm amateur at using SF2 Editor. Seems like I might be of no help to you when discussing editor issues with your mod, but I'll check and see the further I play your mod if I find something odd. Take care AminKhan. :)
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 3:17pm

Thnx
And is the mod hard or no
Gl and Tc
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 3:28pm

Mod is hard right at the get go even in Normal. Don't worry I just hope it's not unfair or anything.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 3:31pm

No its not unfair u will get used to it cause the weapons will help u and exp will increase i hope
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 4:20pm

Alright I'm at the Galam castle battle and the enemies here have way too much attack power. If they're lucky to get a critical they could one shot my hero. Plus, most of these enemies can one shot my other characters. You said that enemies in this game have attack bonus up to 25-30% right? Well a Galam Soldier has 36 Attack unlike 15 in the original. The enemies here have an attack bonus up to 50%.

Edit: Well it's not quite 50% but AminKhan really went overboard on giving enemies high attack without thinking about a consistent attack bonus. E.g. A Gizmo has 11 ATTK instead of 8 yet it doesn't reflect a 25% bonus Attack.
Last edited by ZethaPonderer on Wed Feb 22 2017 4:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 4:24pm

Hmmmm haha so it really is hard mode
Tell what lvl are ur characters u should be at lvl 7-10 that is enough for them all i have already finished the game in 6 hours only it was'nt that difficult
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 4:29pm

I did not expect the game to get this hard so most of my characters are at lvl 5 while my main character is close lvling up to 7.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 4:33pm

Haha well a remake s a remake after all
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Feb 22 2017 4:37pm

Don't you think this is a little unfair on your part? I mean my defenses aren't manageable enough to take even two shots from these enemies. Besides, I get the feeling in my gut already that this mod is going to get unfair down the line. :(
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Wed Feb 22 2017 4:41pm

Hmmmm so u think it like that ok .......ill just try n lower im all down but u ill have to wait a bit k
AminKhan

Postby ZethaPonderer » Thu Feb 23 2017 9:21am

Hey AminKhan.

Just a heads up with your updated mod. It's looking a lot better than before. I'll still find some issues when I play through this. The main hero finally has his promotion form as his battle sprite although I notice a strange thing with his animation. You see when the main hero REX is equipped with a short sword (which has a sweet weapon icon btw along with the Power Sword) in battle the animation is a little wonky when he uses it.

Enemies didn't really faze me too much in the early battles, but when the Galam units start showing up, they hit hard but now it's finally manageable unlike before. Still doing the Galam castle battle but its looking manageable. I'll get back to you the more I play this. Take care. :)
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Next

Return to Shining Force II