Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force II
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 2 new mod

Still underconstruction

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Shining Force 2 new mod

Postby AminKhan » Thu Feb 23 2017 9:46am

OK thnx and suggest this to other players as well I'll correct the other mistakes thnx man ur really helpful
AminKhan

Postby Noma » Sat Feb 25 2017 1:43am

Just wanted to hop in and say if you're getting caravan errors and crashes when editing sprites, something could have gotten screwed up along the way and theres no real way to fix some of these sprite editing errors short of remaking your mod from scratch. It's very common with the Caravan since its an unstable build. If you ask around you'll find most modders make backups of their roms every couple of edits they do. That way, if an error pops up, you can revert to the last backup and not lose much progress. Sometimes you dont notice the error until 5 or 10 edits later, so you have to revert wayyyy back to a backup from a while ago. Still, this is obviously much better than restarting from scratch.

I'd say from now on always keep multiple backups of your mod. I have over 150 backups, just because you never know when you'll accidentally screw something up just by editing one small thing and then only notice the broken piece of the mod 30 or 40 edits later. Trust me, I had to restart my mod a half dozen times before I realized I should have backups.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ZethaPonderer » Sat Feb 25 2017 11:45pm

Thanks for your help there Nora. Hopefully AminKhan will take your advice very well there.

As for your updated mod there AminKhan, I'm at the part where I'm battling goblins at Paramecia and currently in the battle where the phoenix character Peter joins in and he's uncontrollable.

This is where things get strange. I get Kiwi who is named FREN and you give him a Life Ring to equip but he can't equip the Life Ring. Slade or AREN in this hack you also give him a Life Ring. What's the reason for this? Is it because these characters have low HP so you decide to give them something that would allow them to regenerate their HP during battles? As for FREN, he's completely just as useless as he was in the original game. Was FREN supposed to equip the Life Ring in your mod? Cause I don't see him being equipped with it like AREN.

As for the high attack power, the Paramecia battles are looking pretty tame compared to the Galam battles. I can help you out here if you want enemies to have a 50% attack bonus if that was what your intention was.

E.g. Take a Gizmo the first enemy in the game as an example,

He has 8 ATTK in the original
Multiply 8 ATTK times 50% = 4 ATTK
You finally then add 4 ATTK with 8 ATTK (4 + 8) to get Gizmo's 50% attack bonus which is 12 ATTK.

Hopefully, this will help you mod your game out to have enemies have consistent ATTK power throughout the game making them tough and challenging to beat without one shotting my characters in the process until the bosses come around. :)
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby AminKhan » Sun Feb 26 2017 9:51am

thnx for ur replies
check on the first post my new update for u guys
AminKhan

Postby Noma » Tue Mar 07 2017 6:55am

I might test this if I can find time, if I do I'll let you know how it goes.
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby AminKhan » Tue Mar 07 2017 10:02am

Ok thnx bro
AminKhan

Previous

Return to Shining Force II