Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon: Now, I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions...

About ROTDD

Here's the place to discuss the "Resurrection of the Dark Dragon" game for GBA. Note that the original Shining Force has a seperate forum.
bblade
Shining Member
Shining Member

Now, I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions...

Post by bblade »

...and I'm going to want to have them answered immediately.

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Okay, now for the REAL questions.

1: Does anybody have a complete list of new chest locations [if there are any] changed from the Genesis version? I'm super paranoid I'm going to miss something cool like a statup or a Long Sword or whatever.

2: Do better, more accurate growth charts exist? I don't exactly trust the ones ingame as a reliable source of info...

3: On additional playthroughs, when do enemy stats stop increasing, provided they even do? I mean, they gotta stop somewhere, right?
All hail Pope Torasu!
Balbazak
The Star Lord
Shining Legend

Re: Now, I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions...

Post by Balbazak »

1. There are a few new treasure spots, mostly secret spots in scenery (i.e. random bushes, spots in mountains, etc.)
The first one I can think of is at Manarnia (spelling?) at the entrance, the far right side outside the arch, there's a Demi-buster, slightly better than a middle sword.

The outfits are thrown around and sometimes show up in strange places.
I've found "Teeny bikini" at several places:
At Gong's hut, the girl there will give you Gong's card after talking to her twice, then Teeny bikini right after the card is received.
At the third Narsha fight, the Gobgovitch (spelling?) has dropped a Teeny bikini, but I have not been able to get to him since, the enemies are impossible to beat now.
Arthur gave me a Teeny bikini at Manarnia (spelling?) when he joined the force on my last run-through. (creepy...)
Anri's outfit is in the northern mountains after defeating the fight just before the Laser eye.
Kris' outfit is in the quarry, on the northern wall of the Dark elves spot.

There's few more hidden items around the game, but nothing super useful.

2. I'm not sure on this one, especially with the RNGA in this game, the growth chart is completely useless. (it will always say the same thing, even though looking at your item sheet changes the outcome)

3. Enemy stats stop at:

999 HP
999 MP
99 AT
99 DF
99 SP
12-16 Move (some enemies stopped at 12, others stopped at 16)
Balbazak can often be heard, saying "I like stars" while being drunk.
:thumbsup:
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Post by sulfuroxp »

Zuika
+ Running Pimento
+ Runnning Ring
+ Step Lv3
+ Zuika Total Power = 28 MOV :shifty:
bblade
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by bblade »

I'm not sure on this one, especially with the RNGA in this game, the growth chart is completely useless. (it will always say the same thing, even though looking at your item sheet changes the outcome)
Well, I know the ingame chart is useless, what I mean is finding some more detailed, easier way to calculate estimates (Or "Averages", as they're called in Fire Emblem) I mean, it's true that the RNG varies, it doesn't change that it's going to take some act of divine intervention for Gong to have higher ATK than Luke, or something stupid like that. Hell, I even got an uber ATK Lowe [like, he broke 30 with Doll Hater or something crazy like that, don't remember the exact figures], I sure as hell won't count on seeing that again.
3. Enemy stats stop at:

999 HP
999 MP
99 AT
99 DF
99 SP
12-16 Move (some enemies stopped at 12, others stopped at 16)
So, you're telling me Normal Battle 1 Goblins will have those stats if you blast through the game enough times? Wow, screw that.
All hail Pope Torasu!
KoLAddict
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by KoLAddict »

I don't really want to go off topic, but going off of what you just said bblade, what ARE the stats of a Goblin in the first battle for you now Balbazak?
PS ID and GamerTag: KoLAddict
Balbazak
The Star Lord
Shining Legend

Post by Balbazak »

I don't remember exactly what Goblins stats were, I have a savestate at chapter 8 of the previous playthrough, so I'll load that up and check the goblins with it.
I'll post their stats then. :)

@ BBlade:
Yes, eventually every enemy will have those stats. It's very scary.
Except for the 999HP part, that's when they kill themselves for some unknown reason.
Balbazak can often be heard, saying "I like stars" while being drunk.
:thumbsup: