Shining Force Exa: EXa interview is a joke

A bad one at fans expense

Discuss the followup to Shining Force Neo on the Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Dr. Casey
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: EXa interview is a joke

Post by Dr. Casey »

LordOddEye @ Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm) wrote: I agree
Same here.
cullsoft wrote:Arful barfle gloop to you too.
Kaihaku
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Kaihaku »

Dr. Casey wrote:
LordOddEye @ Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm) wrote: I agree
Same here.
if Casey agrees so do I.

Post by ShiningForceKaya »

Tarethen wrote:
Eric @ Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:51 pm) wrote: Once Neo was declared and I saw the new Max's eyebrows, I was already convinced of that conclusion. Tarethen and Balbaroy are the "fans" that reacted well. He didn't say how many fans reacted well did he?
I find the use of those quotation marks as an insult to how much of a true fan I am to the series. I'm not some new school newbie who just stumbled upon the series with something like RotDD. I'd personally fly out to Japan and give every employee at Sega a handshake if they ever announced a new SRPG title from the Shining franchise that didn't screw up anything. I'm just glad that they are even doing -anything- with the Shining franchise anymore instead of letting it rot like other companies are doing with popular series. It makes it even better than the games they are putting out aren't half bad.

The fact that people are paying for these games is a sign to Sega that there are people still interested, or that new people are coming into the franchise. Wanting a new game in the vein of the TRUE Shining Force is not a bad thing. But to constantly complain over and over and over and over and over and over and over again about how the series is "dead" or how stupid Sega is accomplishes nothing but showing just how whiny some of you lot are. Moogie may hate the new Force games, I'm not too sure about her opinion on Tears or Wind, but she doesn't constantly post about hating the games. As Duke said, she probably doesn't care anymore to put the effort to make the post. Maybe some of you should take a page from her book and stopping caring. It's obviously getting you no where.

I agree, if they at least are coming out with games, NO MATTER HOW CRUMMY compared to the originals, I would play them all the same (hence why I am learning Japanese) Also it is true that one can be whiny about it, I personally think that although both Neo and Exa lack MANY THINGS SHINING! that they have what it takes to be a great game on their own, in fact I love them both for their own reasons, especially Exa (lacking in the side character development area as well as leaving me drooling for more story from the game length cut and general lack of effort) and that people should get over the fact and enjoy it on its own. I HATED Exa at first , then it grew on me, (so much I had to cosplay from it, and make zhirra)

Anyhoo, I noticed just this last month that game informer did an article on popular RPG's and where they are now, what I read both brought a tear to my eye (my friend had been ridiculing me on how even they wouldn't feature such a forgotten about lame series such as this.... HA) as well as found it encouraging (compared to other series) and almost strange how they noted the odds of the series coming to America(world) or coming out with a sequel/continual
Japan 1:1 USA (world) 1:100
It was almost as if they said, Sega get off your lazy rears, you owe the fans some!

Also I found out that Toma and Cyrille (shining force Exa) are apart of a game called Project X Zone. at least this shows that Sega is still interested in the series, though they did it in an almost insulting and sneaky "ignore the fans" sort of way.... there may be hope yet!
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

ShiningForceKaya wrote: Anyhoo, I noticed just this last month that game informer did an article on popular RPG's and where they are now, what I read both brought a tear to my eye (my friend had been ridiculing me on how even they wouldn't feature such a forgotten about lame series such as this.... HA) as well as found it encouraging (compared to other series) and almost strange how they noted the odds of the series coming to America(world) or coming out with a sequel/continual
Japan 1:1 USA (world) 1:100
It was almost as if they said, Sega get off your lazy rears, you owe the fans some!
I actually considered writing a letter to Game Informer about their assessment, which struck me as having very little thought put into it. Mainly, they assume that if Sega of America won't localize a Shining game, then no one will - even though Shining Wisdom, Shining Soul, and Shining Soul II were all localized by third parties.
Tarethen
jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Post by Tarethen »

What in the thread necro? and to quote a post of mine? Jesus.