Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Wind
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What are the odds of a Wii release?

Discuss the followup to Shining Tears on the Playstation 2.

What are the odds of a Wii release?

Postby Martin III » Thu Mar 11 2010 1:08am

Just thought of this... A number of games have been ported (or remade) from the Playstation 2 to the Wii, and others have been released for both Wii and PS2 in the first place. So apparently porting a Playstation 2 game to the Wii is an economic move.

Is there a chance, then, that Sega might port Shining Wind to the Wii and give it another shot at a release in North America and Europe?

As I've mentioned, I'm a bit bummed out that the game didn't get a release in English. Seeing as the PS2 was already in its final days here in the west when Shining Wind came out, it probably never even had a chance at an English release. A Wii port would at least have that chance.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: What are the odds of a Wii release?

Postby Ashley » Thu Mar 11 2010 8:09pm

Interesting prediction. I think it could happen, considering the extended lifespan of the Wind brand in Japan. Whether it would get a US release or not, I don't know. Sega US seems to have lost interest in the Shining series as a whole.
Ashley

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kaihaku » Thu Sep 16 2010 5:02pm

The Wii is gaining momentum as a jRPG console, I think releasing Shining Wind for it would be a smart business move, garnering much more interest for the title than if it were yet another jRPG released for the playstation.

So I think it would be a smart move that would strengthen the franchise but I'm doubtful that Sega will take advantage of the opportunity. I would definitely buy it if it had a North American release, I've been a big fan of cooperative action RPGs since Secret of Mana days.
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Fri Sep 17 2010 10:13pm

Yeah, I'd be all over an English release of the game. I still remember being very impressed by the promotional vids and screenshots that Sega sent SFC back in the day.

Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kaihaku » Fri Jul 01 2011 4:59pm

Would have been nice...but now that the Wii-U has been announced it's never going to happen. :(
The Once and Future Kai
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby tman7776 » Sun Oct 02 2011 7:41pm

I hope either this, a translated release over the psn, or a fan translation happens.

and btw, the Wii U isn't out until either next year or early 2013.
tman7776

Return to Shining Wind