Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Wind
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shinning Wind?!

I've lost all respect for Kotaku

Discuss the followup to Shining Tears on the Playstation 2.

Shinning Wind?!

Postby Ashley » Wed Oct 24 2007 6:57pm

Ashley

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shinning Wind?!

Postby Cullsoft » Wed Oct 24 2007 9:11pm

Not surprised... I got a sneak preview that the Shining series was going down the path of pr0n merchandise when I was seeing Shining Tears merchandise and artbooks in the pr0n sections of the Japanese manga/anime/videogame stores.
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Light Hope » Mon Dec 31 2007 12:34pm

Weird stuff indeed. No wonder the PS2 games have been less then Shining material. I guess Sega has a different sort of market in mind these days.
Not the whole universe! That's where I keep my stuff! - Vali Odinson, Runescape
Not the whole universe! That's where I keep my stuff! - Vali Odinson, Runescape
Light Hope

Postby Marky » Mon Dec 31 2007 6:54pm

Culley O'Fursdom @ Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 pm) wrote: Not surprised... I got a sneak preview that the Shining series was going down the path of pr0n merchandise when I was seeing Shining Tears merchandise and artbooks in the pr0n sections of the Japanese manga/anime/videogame stores.

So, what were you doing checking out the pr0n sections of the Japanese Mana/anime/videogame stores?

And second, are you serious? Sega is making the series into that kind of a "genre"? It could be better or for worse.
Marky

Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Postby Thief » Tue Jan 01 2008 7:14pm

Uh. Very... interesting.

I have to admit that I'd like to see Sega making similar figurines for characters from older Shining Force titles, purely out of "curiosity" ... meep.
Thief

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Martin III » Tue Jan 01 2008 11:25pm

Thief @ Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:14 pm) wrote: I have to admit that I'd like to see Sega making similar figurines for characters from older Shining Force titles, purely out of "curiosity" ... meep.

Gah! Don't suggest stuff like that! Even curiosity couldn't lure me to looking at a similar portrayal of an older SF character. That figurine is practically anatomically incorrect.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Sol » Tue Jan 01 2008 11:48pm

I laughed when I saw the Blanc Neige figurine. The workmanship on these figures is decent.

People, this happens to almost all franchises over in Japan. The owners don't usually hand out licenses; they just figure that no publicity is bad (this even works, to a certain extent, since their genuine McCoy is usually better than the stuff third-party amateurs, and even professionals, turn out). Naturally, this doesn't work in America, where we carry a apathy = permission attitude.

Hey, isn't the art in ST/SW done by an artist who also does h-type stuff on the side?
Zeon-Darksol wrote:Why dont you do as i told you many times and just Get Out of the forum you retard. You flame people for no reason. Im not a loser who goes on his computer to make fun of people to make himself feel better. You are a loser who probably is five feet tall weigh four hundred pounds and have heart problems. You probably cant even get a date. Your a loser. So why dont you Leave.

Salibu wrote:Knights posted a bunch of graphs and shit that I dont understand and dont really want to put in the time to grasp. As its an issue that I think is being blown out of proportion.
Zeon-Darksol wrote:Why dont you do as i told you many times and just Get Out of the forum you retard. You flame people for no reason. Im not a loser who goes on his computer to make fun of people to make himself feel better. You are a loser who probably is five feet tall weigh four hundred pounds and have heart problems. You probably cant even get a date. Your a loser. So why dont you Leave.

Salibu wrote:Knights posted a bunch of graphs and shit that I dont understand and dont really want to put in the time to grasp. As its an issue that I think is being blown out of proportion.
Sol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Marky » Wed Jan 02 2008 5:35am

Spectra @ Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:48 pm) wrote: Hey, isn't the art in ST/SW done by an artist who also does h-type stuff on the side?

I believe so.
Marky

Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Postby zer0kage » Thu Jan 03 2008 5:02pm

This is the only one of the few I omit from my collection. Looks cheap and pinup in nature + I don't like Clalaclan aside for being the strongest character in one of the last battles where youre swarmed by mechs. To be honest I thought I see more explicit stuff in Forbidden Planet stores myself.

The Kureha one by Max FActory looks like a real work of art though.
Neige the best, the cool beauty..
Neige the best, the cool beauty..
zer0kage

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby TKTOWA » Mon Mar 30 2009 9:39pm

Sol @ Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:48 pm) wrote: Hey, isn't the art in ST/SW done by an artist who also does h-type stuff on the side?

All the character design is by an artist known for hentai. That includes both games and the anime. In the anime there's hidden sexual references all over the place.

He pulls swords from all the girls? Sounds like your typical hentai sleeping around. The minute focus on that one girl's torn clothes in the first(or early) episode? It's all there.
TKTOWA
USCH
Ultimate Synthetic Corrosion Helter-skelter
Ultimate Scum Corruption Heaven-sent
TKTOWA
USCH
Ultimate Synthetic Corrosion Helter-skelter
Ultimate Scum Corruption Heaven-sent
TKTOWA

Ninja Vandal
Shining Hero

Return to Shining Wind