Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Isomaker error

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Re: Isomaker error

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jun 27 2016 6:15pm

Other than the Troubleshooting section (copied below) on the Patch Instructions page of the official site, this will be a question for K0D.

Troubleshooting

If the Isomaker program crashes, try these solutions in order:

1. Make sure you have enough free disk space. 1 gig is a safe amount.

2. Move the “SF3Patch” directory closer to the root. It may not work correctly if it is located within many folders.

3. If you have had the ISOMAKER 2 program crash or you have stopped it before it finished, you will need to delete the temp folder in the SF3Patch directory. This can be caused from having a cue file mounted in Daemon Tools while trying to run the Isomaker. The SF3Track2.bin file is then locked for editing and can’t be written at the end of the process. Unmount all drives, delete the temp directory and try again.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Jul 03 2016 6:44pm

Ok so i read up a little more on KoD's post about the new patcher and managed to use EricLegacy21's workaround to get my games patched to v.17 (Hurray!)

I'm sure this is a simple thing to a lot of you guys on here, but for a computer nub like me i thought it was a big deal and a proud moment lol. Bear in mind i've been playing with the patch for a few years but always on a saturn console and never on an emulator.

But my delight was short lived as when i tried to play on SSF the game was far to jerky and imo unplayable :( .
It seemed ok the first time i booted the game. I got past the opening scenes and it was running smooth. I saved at the church and went to bed but ever since it's been running horribly. I started out with the recommended settings from the translation website tutorial and have since tinkered with many, many different settings but i just can't get the game to run as smooth as i'd like. I've seen a few videos online of SF3 running silky smooth and used the settings they recommend but to no avail.

I'm begining to think my laptop just isn't good enough to run it, which is shocking to me as the patch is over 10 years old and i know some of you guys have been emulating for as long. My laptop's specs are as follows:

Asus
Intel Core i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80GHz
4GB Ram
Windows 10

What do you guys think? should my laptop be able to run SSF smoothly or is there something i havn't tried?

EDIT:

I've tried a newer version of SSF and it's running smoother but V E R Y S L O W L Y. What's strange about this is i've tried many different settings again from high compatibilty to lowest compatibility on the EZ settings with more or less the same result.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Jul 03 2016 11:58pm

You definitely want the Low Compatibility (Fast) setting on the EZ Settings tab. That will set everything for best results on an older computer.

Yes, your machine is lacking a bit and it wouldn't surprise me if you couldn't run SFF smoothly even on lowest settings. If this is the case you may want to try the Cassini Emu on the FTP as it should run better on older systems.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chinagonuk » Tue Jul 05 2016 8:13pm

Thanks LF.

I'm looking to buy a better laptop or maybe go back to having a desktop PC. I'll just have to wait til then to play my favourite game. My old backup cartridge for my saturn console died and i want to play on insane mode :thumbsup:
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to SFIII Translation Project