SFIII Translation Project: Project Website - sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com

http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lourde Incarnadine
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: A website for the project

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

I tried d/ling the version of Daemon Tools Lite from the FTP site when I was having my issues with Shining Wisdom, but that copy of the installer was throwing up red flags from my antivirus; eight instances of embedded adware.

Dunno if it was anything dangerous, but y'all might want to get a different version or a fresh copy...
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atom-bomb, the dread destroyer, who would someday come to end the world. None were very good gods, and I worshipped none of them."

~Calvin Morrison, from H. Beam Piper's Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen
BoneIdol
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by BoneIdol »

Whooo.... damned old version of DT if it has Adware in it. :(

I gather that one can avoid the adware by not installing the DT toolbar (which is ticked to install by default).
Lourde Incarnadine
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

BoneIdol wrote:Whooo.... damned old version of DT if it has Adware in it. :(

I gather that one can avoid the adware by not installing the DT toolbar (which is ticked to install by default).
Maybe. A more recent version linked/hosted from the developers comes up clean, but I've been using my Alcohol 120% ever since I figured out that the problem was with the *.BIN and not the program. Just thought I'd let y'all know about the adware.
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atom-bomb, the dread destroyer, who would someday come to end the world. None were very good gods, and I worshipped none of them."

~Calvin Morrison, from H. Beam Piper's Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen
Kokoro

Re: Project Website - sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com

Post by Kokoro »

Thanks for the update Legal! :)
BobT36

Post by BobT36 »

My Norton had a shit fit about the newest version of DT. Seems the devs have put loads of Adware in it. From what I could see they justified it because they need cash.

I'm running v4.49.1 which works fine. I think I still have the installer if you want it.
legalize freedom
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by legalize freedom »

Sure, I'll try it.

Version 4.123 is the one on offer on the FTP. I think that was before it got bloated.

Just checked and I'm currently using 4.40 which seems to be alright.

If you found another good one in 4.49, please send me a link!

Thanks for the heads up!
nicbongo

Post by nicbongo »

Maybe not the best place to post this, but I figured a new thread would be overkill.

Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for the work guys. I managed to get this working and finally been able to fulfill one of my gaming ambitions!

I'm not in a position to right now, but when I get some cash will be happy to make a donation.

Cheers!