Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III SFIII Translation Project
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF3Patch V17 Test Files Feedback

A place for those working on the Shining Force III Translation Patch.

SF3Patch V17 Test Files Feedback

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Oct 30 2015 5:57pm

See official site:
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

Post here with any feedback for this V17 test patch.

Enjoy!
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: SF3Patch V17 Test Files Feedback

Postby tfhb02 » Fri Nov 13 2015 9:28pm

Awesome work. I've been away from the community for a while and was shocked watching Youtube videos recently how far advanced this is now - all but a few of the dialogues flowed and seemed to often capture the charm of the Scenario 1 translation for all its faults - and this was from 2 years ago. It's one of the most wonderful pieces of fan-community work I've ever seen. I just wish the 11-year old me had an opportunity to play these games in this fashion - the translation really is so necessary to appreciate this game as the complex political story is a part of its brilliance. How much longer do you think till the translation is done entirely?
tfhb02

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Nov 15 2015 4:05pm

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying the SF3Patch.

V17 is far superior to V15, so you should find it even smoother.

The time til official completion depends to a large degree on the availability and production of volunteer, yet quality translators. These volunteers have tended to be scarce, but we do currently have one producing part-time. Thank you Anastasia! I do have a lot of work left to do myself too. It's hard to put a timeframe on it. I'm personally 9 1/2 years in. It's the nature of a volunteer time-consuming project such as this. It generally goes slow.

I'd say if you are just worried about understanding the story playing it now is fine. Then when it is finished, you can plan to play again to appreciate the art that is the SF3 Translation Project. It will be like reading the book after seeing the movie.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Sun Nov 15 2015 5:55pm

Don't wait. Just play it. It was fine at V14, when I started my last playthrough (finished on V15). With all the improvements that have likely gone in by now...Just play it. ;)
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Return to SFIII Translation Project