Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums SFC News
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force III makes top 100 games of all time!

Shining News

The latest news from SFC is posted here, where you can discuss it.

Moderator: SFC News

Re: Shining Force III makes top 100 games of all time!

Postby Thoth92 » Fri Sep 10 2010 3:33pm

That mock up looks much nicer, I've been looking out for the SF3 one in Devon with no joy so far. I haven't been looking that intently though as imo it doesn't look that amazing, I went with Silent Hill 2 instead as I love all the art design for that. If I see a SF3 one I'll grab it though.
"One fine morning, I awoke to discover that, during the night, I had learned to understand the language of birds. I have listened to them ever since. They say: 'Look at me!' or: 'Get out of here!' or: 'Let's f**k!' or: 'Help!' or: 'Hurrah!' or: 'I found a worm!' and that's all they say. And that, when you boil it down, is about all we say. (Which of those things am I saying now?)"

http://jrobsonphotography.com/
"One fine morning, I awoke to discover that, during the night, I had learned to understand the language of birds. I have listened to them ever since. They say: 'Look at me!' or: 'Get out of here!' or: 'Let's f**k!' or: 'Help!' or: 'Hurrah!' or: 'I found a worm!' and that's all they say. And that, when you boil it down, is about all we say. (Which of those things am I saying now?)"

http://jrobsonphotography.com/
Thoth92

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Cullsoft » Fri Sep 10 2010 3:58pm

Ashley @ Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:08 pm) wrote:mock up. The idea was that every character would have appeared.

Fair enough again... you know what I'm like when it comes to Grace. ;)

That said, for a front page cover or portrait view it probably would have been difficult to get in many more characters than that in that sort of arrangement, at least not without it seeming too crowded or the characters being fairly small (and thus more white space).

Someone tried doing such a pic of everyone way back, and nice an idea as it was (it inspired me to do my Sc1 Force pic) it does come out as a pretty crowded and clustered affair that probably wouldn't have been too attractive as a cover (especially with all the white dots from the GIF transparencies around the edge - your Photoshop guys would need to spend ages cleaning these up on every character, which may be why they went with the solo pics instead): http://kyantol.com/personal/img/shf3shr ... rybody.jpg
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby wildrosebc » Fri Sep 10 2010 5:31pm

Cull that was a beautiful pic. Your first and Ashleys were good too. But since I've only ever played Scenario one I like that one best. In fact I changed the wallpaper on my phone to that pic. :)
I'm back!!!!!
I'm back!!!!!
wildrosebc

Forever Gabby's
Shining Legend

Postby Ashley » Fri Sep 10 2010 5:32pm

Culley O'Fursdom @ Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:58 pm) wrote: your Photoshop guys would need to spend ages cleaning these up on every character, which may be why they went with the solo pics instead

Indeed. We basically had 279 pages to design in the same time that we would normally do 180. There was nowhere near enough time to spend on each cover and there have been a couple of mistakes as a result.

Still, I remain fairly positive about the whole thing. I argued for quite a few of my personal favourite games to get covers and many were rejected. I still consider it a miracle that ShFIII got through considering that nobody else on the team has even played it.
Ashley

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Alpha » Fri Sep 10 2010 6:07pm

Ashley @ Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:32 am) wrote: Indeed. We basically had 279 pages to design in the same time that we would normally do 180. There was nowhere near enough time to spend on each cover and there have been a couple of mistakes as a result.

Still, I remain fairly positive about the whole thing. I argued for quite a few of my personal favourite games to get covers and many were rejected. I still consider it a miracle that ShFIII got through considering that nobody else on the team has even played it.

*gives Ashley a cookie for efforts in the field*
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby wildrosebc » Fri Sep 10 2010 6:44pm

Well out of all of your favorites that could have gotten in I'm glad it was this one. :)
Here's to hoping it will kick Sega and Camelot in the butt and tell them that at the very least they need to release these games in English. Also that we want a return to the origins of the series.
I'm back!!!!!
I'm back!!!!!
wildrosebc

Forever Gabby's
Shining Legend

Postby Warlord ikitClaw » Sat Sep 11 2010 12:19pm

You got another pair of eyes in Glouc at the request of da GoatS.

I have spread the word and have some cross team competition - some guys I know are mental about Doom, Super Metroid and/or MegaBomberman as well as others, so I've got them looking and there will be the potential of swapsies instead of cashingtons !

If I didn't trust the regulars, I'd wonder if this wasn't some niche marketing scheme - "Buy GamesTM, buy more, buy them all!" - no commission, honestly ? j/k
I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid.
I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid.
Warlord ikitClaw

Stone-Cold Evil B*stard

Postby Killian22 » Sat Sep 11 2010 5:14pm

Let's go vote for shining force on www.rpgamer.com poll for the best srpg series!!! Shining force is now number 4 !!! :) come on :)
Killian22

Postby Alpha » Sat Sep 11 2010 5:50pm

Kalkano @ Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm) wrote: I got on the site first thing in the morning on the 2nd. They're shipping a copy all the way to the states. I guess I got 1 of the 2 available via that route (it was the same place that Ashley linked to).

Lmao, I found out who got the second one! My girlfriend :D She knew I wanted it, and ordered it. It arrived at her place in England on thursday, and she arrived here in Canada yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby wildrosebc » Sat Sep 11 2010 6:19pm

Damn that's sweet.

Oh and we're number three now. ;)
I'm back!!!!!
I'm back!!!!!
wildrosebc

Forever Gabby's
Shining Legend

Postby Omega Entity » Sat Sep 11 2010 11:29pm

Alpha @ Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:50 pm) wrote: Lmao, I found out who got the second one! My girlfriend :D She knew I wanted it, and ordered it. It arrived at her place in England on thursday, and she arrived here in Canada yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I thought she was your friend, not your girlfriend...
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Swalchy » Sat Sep 11 2010 11:39pm

Jealous, Dani?

:p
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Omega Entity » Sat Sep 11 2010 11:44pm

I really don't feel like being kicked to the curb, and I especially don't take well to being lied to.
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 12 2010 1:30am

Actually, it's a very recent realisation of how we felt about each other.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Omega Entity » Sun Sep 12 2010 1:40am

Just great. I suppose this means -you'll- be dropping off the face of the planet, just like everyone else. Thanks.
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Sinful Force » Sun Sep 12 2010 3:56am

I'm surprised that not many as satisfied with the SF3 cover picture? I think it's really great, and that for me, it really suits a 100th issue cover (that contains a greatest games countdown) for some reason?

I think that Ashley's mock-up pic is great too (keeping that one permanetly saved, thanks Ashley). Though the only problem I have with it is that it's a tad too complex/crowded. Hence why the simpler cover used works so good.

It's really hard for me to put it into words why I like that cover used so much? It's just that from the first moment I seen it, I immediately feel in love with it. I guess love at first sight says it all?

Oh, Culley's pic a getting saved too. >_>
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
From what I remember about reading Moogie's forum guideline awhile ago, it says that by adding the letters j/k together at the end of a sentence or post, it prevents people from getting upset... So remember South Parkateers, in case of a volcano, stop, drop, tuck and roll. ... Oh wait, er, you know what I mean. ;)
Sinful Force

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby wildrosebc » Sun Sep 12 2010 4:51am

The first one or the second one Sin? I absolutely loved the big crowded one. I sat there picking out all my favorite players.
I'm back!!!!!
I'm back!!!!!
wildrosebc

Forever Gabby's
Shining Legend

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 12 2010 5:38pm

Sinful Force @ Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:56 pm) wrote: I'm surprised that not many as satisfied with the SF3 cover picture?

I freakin' love it. Yeah there's a couple of mistakes, but hey ho. No complaints at all from me.
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Sun Sep 12 2010 6:09pm

Ashley @ Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:32 am) wrote: Indeed. We basically had 279 pages to design in the same time that we would normally do 180. There was nowhere near enough time to spend on each cover and there have been a couple of mistakes as a result.

Just out of curiosity, how did you convince them that SF3 belonged on the list, when no one else had even played it?
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby Ashley » Sun Sep 12 2010 6:30pm

First: I've written about it enough in gTM that a few people are aware of its innovative features by proxy.

Second: I think they know that I would have quit if it didn't go through. ;)
Ashley

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to SFC News