Shining Tears: 8 Endings?!

Someone spoil me, please!

Discuss Sega's first Shining action RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Millefune

8 Endings?!

Post by Millefune »

The intro movie seems to point toward Elwyn and Ryuna as the "main girls", and the media/art/figure support points to Neige and Elwyn. I guess it'd be Elwyn though, since she seems to have some sort of romantic attachment to Xion where I'm at (just beat Bewitchin Woods, and she hints at hoping Xion was more than just a friend), despite the fact that I currently have Neige as my "favored character" according to the minstrel.

I kinda want to get the "canonic" ending, so that's why I'm asking what the endings are. I've seen Volg's ending via YouTube, and it was really lame. But I'm not sure about everyone elses. I don't want to end up with Neige's ending (which I'm on the path for at the moment) if it's going to be weaksauce.

So yeah, I'd kinda like to know more specifically what happens in all the endings so I can start moving it in that direction, because I really don't want to go through the game a bunch of times trying to get an ending to my liking. So if you guys could please spoil it for me, it'd be much appreciated.
Silverwolf X
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: 8 Endings?!

Post by Silverwolf X »

You get the ending of the most used character. The less times they die, the better. 1 ending per character.
THE Import Freak is IN da House.
On Western game publishing policy:
WHAT THE F***!?
Millefune

Post by Millefune »

Yes, I understand that. What I was asking was if anyone (you in particular, since you've gone through 14 times. :) :g: ) could tell me what the endings were. As hot as this game is, I really would rather not go through 8 times. Help a fellow fan out?
Silverwolf X
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Silverwolf X »

They're all the same. Xion and chosen character have some dialouge. The End.
WHAT THE F***!?
Millefune

Post by Millefune »

Mind filling me in on the jist of the dialogues please?
Silverwolf X
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Silverwolf X »

I could if I remembered any that is. ^^;;

Only ones I faintly remember are Blanc Niege, Ryuna and Elwing.

Niege's is she and Xion talk about how open she has become lately, Xion says he likes her smile and she blushes. He also notes that he'd better be careful of her brother after saying that.

Ryuna's is simpler, with Xion teasing her.

Elwing's is about her telling Xion she's gonna stay with him and how they're great partners etc. Claiming he still owes her a huge debt etc.
WHAT THE F***!?
Millefune

Post by Millefune »

Silverwolf X @ Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:37 am) wrote: Ryuna's is simpler, with Xion teasing her.
*Chuckles* Your quote in the other thread where you say Ryuna's is the best ending had me thinking it would have been better.
Silverwolf X
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Silverwolf X »

Millefune @ Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:57 am) wrote: *Chuckles* Your quote in the other thread where you say Ryuna's is the best ending had me thinking it would have been better.
Oh its good, her reaction is priceless.
WHAT THE F***!?
waterangel

Post by waterangel »

Just got Mao's ending.. It's essentially her demanding out of Xion whether he likes her or not (he's indecisive), then her plotting to live in the Heroes' Hearth with him and Volg and kicking out all the other people :)

EDIT:
I just got Ryuna's ending.. typed it up in script form, highlight to read it
Spoiler
*Ryuna and Xion stand at the balcony outside the Heroes' Hearth*
R: Our long struggle is completed, Xion.
X: Yeah... But I was able to get through it because you were with me, Ryuna.
R: And it is because of the courage that you gave me, Xion, that I withstood my urge to run from my fate.
X: Fate, huh?
R: Meeting you, Xion, felt so much like it was destiny. It felt like... like you and I were connected, somehow, by something that couldn't be seen...
X: I... I've actually felt the same way... About meeting you, Ryuna, and how it seemed meant to happen... Maybe you're the girl that the stars have decreed me to be with...
R: Huh? Th... that's... that is not what I meant! It is not proper to think about such indecent things!
X: You... you don't need to be so harsh about it... But honestly, you don't need to worry about being so stiff and formal around me, you know. It kinda makes me feel distant.
R: I... I'm sorry... Xion...
X: It would be such an extreme honor for Your Holiness to deign to treat me with such levity and amity.
R: H...hey! St...stop making fun of me, Xion!
X: Hahaha! See?! You're just like a normal girl after all!
R: Ohhh! You're so mean!
X: Hahahahaha! Come on! Let's go, Ryuna!
R: Xion... whatever destiny has in store for us after this, I'm sure that I'll be able to face it with you at my side.
X: Ryuna... I'd go to the ends of the earth for you...
R: Oh, come on! Cut that out! Please?!
X: Ahaha...!
R: Heheheh...
~Waterangel~
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

I recently finished a second playthrough of Shining Tears, and this time I got Mao's ending. I figured for old time's sake I'd follow waterangel's example and provide a transcription:
Spoiler
X: Are you going back to Bestia, Mao?
M: Well, err.... I was wondering... what do you want me to do, Xion?
X: What do I want you to do? It isn't really up to me, Mao...
M: Oh, come on! Do you like me or not?
X: Huh? Well, I mean, er... It's not like I DON'T like you or anything...
M: Mrrrow! Why do you have to be so wishy-washy? Alright then, fine! What are YOU going to do, Xion?
X: Well, for the time being, I figured I'd keep helping out Pios and work to pay for my lodging fees...
M: Okay, then I've made up my mind, too! I'm gonna go home and work around the house!
X: Home...? To Bestia?
M: No, the Heroes' Hearth! It's where I was born, after all. And besides, I ain't gonna let the commander out of my sight.
X: That's a good idea! I mean, I don't want to speak ill of the commander, but he must be pretty lonely after having raised you.
M: Sweet! I'm totally stoked! I can't wait to live with you under the same roof, Xion! Heeheehee! [Note: Mao is blushing here.] Next we can, like, boot out those freeloaders like Elwyn and the doc...
X: Hey, what are you talking about...? Something tells me the commander wouldn't be happy if I went along with you on that...
M: Just let me take care of you! Oh, yeah! I wanted to thank you, Xion...
X: Hey, what's the matter? Why so serious all of a sudden...?
M: I want to thank you for having trusted me all this time...
X: Yeah, I trust you, Mao. I plan to keep on doing so! Come on! Let's get back to the Heroes' Hearth!

(On a personal note, I find it amusing that even when Mao is your favored character, Xion still doesn't like her in that way.)
So we're two down, and only six endings to go! ;)

Although... Do they really have endings for all the males? I used Keiner for nearly every mission since he joined, and I still got Mao's ending! Plus, I'm finding it hard to imagine what Cupido or Lazarus would have to say to Xion.