Shining Tears: Do you use your partner?

Discuss Sega's first Shining action RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

ChillinVillain
shining n00b
Shining Hero

Re: Do you use your partner?

Post by ChillinVillain »

Personality? All she does is whine about her brothers. She's not even the best looking, except for the white hair, and that short skirt she wears. I can't believe I'm admiring a video game character..
zer0kage
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by zer0kage »

Is she a whiner? :shock: Her heart is covered in ice and it takes a good, caring, optimistic man to melt it. Thats all I know. :)
Neige the best, the cool beauty..
ChillinVillain
shining n00b
Shining Hero

Post by ChillinVillain »

I guess..

But all she does is whine about everything, she never comes up with solutions or anything like that, just whining.

I suppose you could counter that with saying all Mao does is talk stupid and have fun all the time. Well really when you sum it up, no character in the game has any real personality or anything like. They're all bland and such..
zer0kage
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by zer0kage »

I thought Blanc Neige is a little arrogant and the high standards type.

heh Im glad Mao is actually a light 'yang' soul not a dark 'yin' soul in. I'm always bugged that her cheerfulness and such makes her a 'yin,' soul at the beginning. Yang has the traits of being enrgetic and such in yin and yang terms.

well Mao is a yin soul from the start cause she is totally angsty though she doesnt show it lol. :evilgrin:
Wolfga

Post by Wolfga »

zer0kage @ Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:24 am) wrote: Now dont put it this way...I see Blanc Neige first..alright im going out now.
ROFL Now, that's funny!
Yakuji:  *Bans Wolfga for having no sig*
Yakuji
Post Whore
Shining Member

Post by Yakuji »

When I play Shining Tears my little brother controls the partner. He likes Lazarus. But sometimes when he does not play, I pick Mao to train her. 'Cuz she kicks @$$! :lol:
Moogie: In what way are you able to determine the sexuality of this inanimate object?
I'm the president of the TTT. If you need anything, talk to my secretary.
Max.

Post by Max. »

No I do not. The A.I. is stupid and easily defeated as it is you don't need their help, not like they actually do anything and contolling him/her with the right analog stick is like being a dog trying to drive a car with a stick shift.
centarman

Post by centarman »

Now BN is just werid. My bro and I play togther all the time so we raise every character up to the same Level! But I like Volg and Lazares the best! So that is that!! :thumbsup:

One last thing............... EW U LIKE BN!!! :drunk: :eww:
Skyblade
The Ultima Mage
Shining Hero
Location: Dallas, Texas, The United States, North America, The Western Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, Th

Post by Skyblade »

My partner is usually either Elwyn or Ryuana.

Ryuana is one of the best because even with the idiotic AI, Healing Aura and Cure help you stay alive without using up all of your healing items.
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
zer0kage
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by zer0kage »

centarman @ Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:14 am) wrote: Now BN is just werid. My bro and I play togther all the time so we raise every character up to the same Level! But I like Volg and Lazares the best! So that is that!! :thumbsup:

One last thing............... EW U LIKE BN!!! :drunk: :eww:
What's wrong with Neige?
Orange Gort
The Creator
Shining Hero

Post by Orange Gort »

zer0kage) wrote:What's wrong with Neige?
She's not Elwyn, that's what.
Elwyn and Lazarus rule.
What's up hen?
waterangel

Post by waterangel »

I've played through one game with my roommate.. when you have two people playing, it's just dumb not to use your partner. The AI is a bit frustrating.. (okay, so it's a lot frustrating sometimes), but as long as you pay attention and move the partner when you need to it's managable.

Although I haven't gotten past the few battles while using the partner by myself.. we'll see how it goes as the game goes on.
~Waterangel~
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

I had to let Elwyn die in the battle with Galahad. It's enough trouble keeping one character out of the way of that guy's attacks; two characters is just too much. It probably would have been a different story if I'd had Ryuna with me, but nooooo... they have to stick you with one of the characters who doesn't keep you healthy. Seriously, has anyone managed to make it through that fight without Elwyn dying?

In general, though, I don't think I could make it through this game without a partner.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Shining Bowie
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Shining Bowie »

At what point does the co-op option become available? Me and my friend have been waiting for the second player option to appear. Haven't figured that out yet.
I'm not just Bowie, I'm

SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

The difference is blinding!

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Stillwater Glenn Designs is now attending university and has quite given up on finishing Ties of Heart.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

The co-op option is available from the beginning of the game. When it asks if you want "AT" or "2P", just select "2P".
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

Shining Bowie
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Shining Bowie »

And just when does it pose this question?
I'm not just Bowie, I'm

SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

Stillwater Glenn Designs is now attending university and has quite given up on finishing Ties of Heart.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Bleh, sorry... it should happen at the beginning of the mission. If you can select your second character, the question pops up right after you select the character. I can't remember when it pops up in the early missions, when you have no choice which character accompanies you.

Shining Bowie
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Shining Bowie »

So far it hasn't popped up for those missions. Atleast not for the game i'm playing.. trust me, we would've noticed a 2P option.
I'm not just Bowie, I'm

SHINING BOWIE!!!!!!!!!

Post by shining cupido »

^^That option appears right after the seventh mission I guess.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Hmm. Kind of funny that you can only do the early missions in one player mode. Still, it's not like it takes a long time to get through those missions.