Shining Tears: Why don't we make a Tactical RPG Shining Tears?

Discuss Sega's first Shining action RPG for the S*ny Playstation 2.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Why don't we make a Tactical RPG Shining Tears?

Post by chevkraken »

From what I know, the thing everybody complain about Shining Tears and Wind is they aren't Tactical RPG. But as there is many excellent modders in this forum, why nobody had think to ripp every map, sprite and music from the games to turn them into a tactical RPG.

The map design would be very good map for tactical RPG, and all the attack and animation from the game could be reused (even if it will be Disgaea or FFtactics style of battle animation) All story élément and level up system could be the same as in the original game.

For the battle system combo attack and free movement (like in Sakura wars) could be used and will be the best for using all the movement of the character.

I
sulfuroxp
Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Re: Why don't we make a Tactical RPG Shining Tears?

Post by sulfuroxp »

(and Shining Soul I & II, Shining Wisdom, in the Darkness, the Holy Ark, Shining Road I & II, NEO, EXA, Cross/Cross Raid/Cross Elysion, Shining Hearts, Shining Blade, etc...)

good idea
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

Shining blade is already a Tactical RPG (and an excellent)

And most of the other non Tactical RPG Shining aren't well designed to be tactical RPG but Tears and Wind are.

Shining Tears and Wind have many playable character (8). Wisdom, In the Darkness, Road and Soul have less than that, Its impossible to make Tactical RPG with less than 5 character.

Most of them are availaible after less that 3 hours of games. (Holy ark and Heart, it's really long to obtain more than 3 character), So it's very easy to turn the battle into real tactical RPG battle in the beginning of the game.

Holy ark and in the Darkness are seen in the First person, there is no sprite to used.

All them battle of the game take place in little map, it's not dungeon crawling or classical RPG (with no battle map). The map are well designed for a Tactical RPG.
DomingoRules!
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by DomingoRules! »

chevkraken wrote:Shining Tears and Wind have many playable character (8). Wisdom, In the Darkness, Road and Soul have less than that, Its impossible to make Tactical RPG with less than 5 character.
Necromance powers, activate! Form of, a post!

Phantasy Star Online: Episode 3 managed adequately to do a tactical RPG where you only have one party member, so it's not totally impossible. Just impractical, and unconventional.

There's also Robotrek, and the Cyber Knight games, which while they mostly progress in the style of standard JRPGs, the battles are in the style of tactical games (albeit on very small battlefields).

P.S. I know it's "necromancy," but that's too many syllables for the joke.

*Edit: Oh, I just remembered Sorcerer's Kingdom for the Genesis, which also has SRPG-style combat with a max party size of four. :p
Check out, and perhaps buy my book here: https://a.co/d/2AIkbwd

Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Corsair
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Corsair »

Monstania is a Trgp with one, sometimes two characters. Still manages to be pretty charming and fun.
DomingoRules!
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by DomingoRules! »

Eternal Eyes is another one that just came to mind. If I recall, the max party size in that was three or four. I remember the game being decently fun, but nothing to really write home about.
Check out, and perhaps buy my book here: https://a.co/d/2AIkbwd

Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Diego_Didakus
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Diego_Didakus »

Revive post!
I think the main reason for this not happening is because no one could rip the sprites of Tears and wind, some people tried.
Check out my projects: https://quasarcorpsgame.com.br/

Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
chevkraken
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by chevkraken »

Yeah,myself, I tried.