1. The ability to skip watching the cursor moving across the battlefield during enemy turns by pressing a button or button combo. Or simply a faster moving cursor. During my current playthrough I've been spamming the fast forward button in Regen.
2. Removed delay before the characters move in each battle cutscene.
3. Characters auto-equip a bought or given weapon as long as the weapon is equippable by them.
4. Skippable jingles - the raise jingle, promote jingle, and so on.
5. The main battle theme in a battle continues instead of reseting after each battle cutscene (which have their own short tracks).
6. NPCs move out of your way more quickly.
7. Battle maps turn normal after you win so you can have the automatic item passing hack work there, and talk to party members to hear some banter without going to the HQ.
8. Status menu is accessible outside of battle and the HQ.
9. A deployment phase before each battle starts.
10. Context sensitive interact button (search/talk).
11. Having the character menu not close and the game going out of the menu completely after for example transferring or equipping an item - instead it goes to the previous menu (where in the case of items you select between use, give, drop, equip).
12. Music that uses drum samples from the sequel instead. Here's a forum thread about instrument replacement: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread ... usic-hacks
Having a lot of experience with FM (YM2612 and YM2151 anyway) I might be doing SF2 style remakes of most of the soundtrack after my graphics hack is done, hopefully someone can help put them in the game.
13. You can execute Balbazak if you want to, Suikoden style.
How about you guys, which non-editable thing(s) would you change about the game?