Shining Force: Most leveling overkill you've done?

I'm trying it now! Lv 20 promos + XP farm!

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: Most leveling overkill you've done?

Post by Lobo »

I can imagine the Rune Knight thinking "Oh! Here they come again. For the 1000th time..."
Guess when you finally killed him, he got really surprised. :)
2Tie

Post by 2Tie »

Whenever i'd skip the party and go the first couple battles solo, I'd make sure to level Max up to about level five before killing RUne Knight, then to about 8 before returning to guardiana
Pingurules
That One Birdman
Shining Hero

Post by Pingurules »

I L99ed everyone in the GBA remake, but their stats still couldn't match L30 of the original.
For some reason, I find the majority of birds to be irresistibly cute.

SFC RPG: Wins-14 Losses-684 Escapes-57
MCRT
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by MCRT »

my highest level ever were around max at lvl 78 or something like that. But this was when I was a child and did not even know of the random level ups, the possibility of RNGA and lvl 20 promotion, so I ended up with geting only a point in AGI or HP every 3 levels after 20

And it was not such a "grind" as the others described, I just did the colossus Battle and let max kill 2 of his heads and egress'd back (they always give 48 xp, so I could get 1 lvl per fight)
Poteito

Post by Poteito »

Arriving on this topic super late, but hey! a few days ago i got Lowe to 99th level promoted (with level 20 promotion), just in the first battle of the game by healing himself. I did it using Rusty's solo mode hack. Lowe got hurt over and over and over (and over x1000 or maybe x5000) but soon his revenge against the world started, bare fisting his way to Runefaust.
Doing all the grinding required lot of patience, specially because after level 20 promoted i abused of save states to get at least +1 to two stats in every level, without counting agility (If in a level up i got +1 on any stat and agility i counted it as just getting one stat). sometimes i was lucky and i got it in the first try and sometimes the level ups came with 3 or more stats raising, but other times i had to repeat the level up over and over and fu***** over again. Eventually i finished the grinding with 99 HP, 99 MP, 89 ATK, 96 DEF, 5 MOV and 80 AGI. Then the rampage begin, it was very funny scoring a critical hit of 160 points of damage on a hapless mage in Alterone or beating the crap out of Darksol in a single attempt (a double cosmic bare handed bitch slap did the trick). At the end of the game, via stat boosting items and the power ring i managed to get 99 ATK, 99 DEF, 9 MOV and 82 AGI. So Lowe whooped dark dragon's ass in four atacks per head, putting an end to the evil domination and starting is hown empire of sex and death.

Moral of the fable: If you are not a monk you dont need any shitty vigor ball to be a master monk, while you have two large and well placed balls. :thumbsup:
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

One time, Max promoted at level 11.
Lucifer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Lucifer »

Poteito wrote:Arriving on this topic super late, but hey! a few days ago i got Lowe to 99th level promoted (with level 20 promotion), just in the first battle of the game by healing himself. I did it using Rusty's solo mode hack. Lowe got hurt over and over and over (and over x1000 or maybe x5000) but soon his revenge against the world started, bare fisting his way to Runefaust.
Doing all the grinding required lot of patience, specially because after level 20 promoted i abused of save states to get at least +1 to two stats in every level, without counting agility (If in a level up i got +1 on any stat and agility i counted it as just getting one stat). sometimes i was lucky and i got it in the first try and sometimes the level ups came with 3 or more stats raising, but other times i had to repeat the level up over and over and fu***** over again.
:shock:
Wow... this makes my post seem like nothing.
Shadow Angel
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Shadow Angel »

Just recently got Max and Zylo up to lvl 99.
abig84
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by abig84 »

i maxed out all my characters using a emulator about a month back. 40 unpromoted then 99 promoted, they were taking off around 200 damage on every character. pretty much killing every boss but zeon in 1 or 2 hits. got pretty boring though i just ran through the game and completed it

Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Wrong game.
abig84
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by abig84 »

Lobo wrote:Wrong game.
oops, sorry about that, i always click on the view new posts tab, thought it was 2 for some reason
Wulfunruh
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Wulfunruh »

So, one summer I wanted to prompt everyone in the battle you received them... Well, I promoted Tao in battle one and quit. Haha.
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

I've got a friend who had the same 'great idea' back in the 90s.
Playing on the console, with no savestates or fast forwards.
He did promote Max, Luke, Ken, Tao, Hans, Lowe and Gong in the first battle. :shock:
But I think he quited right after that.
Wulfunruh
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Wulfunruh »

Yeah, I think that was the first time I retired early summer on th game. Not making that mistake again.