Shining Force: 6-Men Army Playthrough

On Brothers Mod

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: 6-Men Army Playthrough

Post by Lobo »

Sometimes I even write it down meanwhile I'm playing.
In others I stop in the middle of a battle fearing to lose some fresh stuff in my mind. :excited:

This has been great fun so far. Though a bit tiring in terms of time spent. :blush:
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Yes i can imagine, otherwise its almost impossible to remember what is going on haha.
I guess you do all this when at work? :) Easy job huh.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Na.
It's been half work, half home so far.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Nice nice, what you do as a job, you can play games at work :D :D
I cannot do that at my job, too many managers around haha
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

The cell phone and the text editor do the trick.
If you can send sms and other messages you can play.
If you can write text or mail or you can write a post.
In the end you just copy and paste it in SFC.

I've been pretty busy this week. But even so I managed to take an hour or two yesterday to finish battle 3, write down the story and post it.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Oh okay :) Pretend you have a very important email to send :D :D

I have been busy too, your mod doesn't allow the Power Ring to cast anything!! :)
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Yup. Much harder this way.
No pain, no gain! :shifty:
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Yep :) i feel your 6 men army will become a 12 men army by the end :D
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Misteriously, Max found himself back again in Guardiana.
What had happened?
He didn't have the time to find out. Once he and his comrades were healed enough, he found his way out of town and back at the road to Alterone.

The enemy had called reinforcements. A whole new bunch of dwarves and bats were in the way. This time the party was determined not to get delayed, or worse, depleted. They fought hard and defeated every enemy without much trouble. Lowe managed to survive this time and could treat the few scratches received.

The cavalry had been rebuilt too. It would not be easy to get through them, but this time, Max felt very confident they could face the enemy head on. The plan was simple. Draw the enemy down the road and strike fast and furious.

They all positioned themselves at the board of a forest south of Alterone. Gort assumed his position by the road, right in the Rune Knights' sight. They rushed down for him. The dwarf knew he could handle a full set of attacks from the enemies and endured while they began to pierce him.

It was time for the others to act. Ken came first and the enemy took some of the same medicine he was giving. Then, Gort swung his axe to cut down the horseman front legs. Tao came next and they all had something to see! Instead of the usual gulf of flames burning the enemy from the ground, the magic-user made fireballs to rain from the sky! They fell right on the enemies' heads. Two of them were hit. One to the ground. The remaining knights were immediately horrified.

Even the mage's friends were shocked and could not act for a while. Hans was first to recover his senses. He advanced to shoot an arrow on the burnt knight's head. He could barely stand when Max drove forward to finish him.

Now the leader had put himself in a dangerous position. He was just ahead of his companions with three Rune Knights around. They saw through that and tried to surround him. Max was hit twice, before Ken and his spear came to aid. It was not enough and the other knight rushed to hit Max a third blow. He was wounded, but still on his senses. Max turned back to see Lowe trying to get to him. Unfortunately, the halfling was not close enough. The swordsman rashness to defeat the enemy could lead to his own defeat!

But his companions had not finished yet. First Gort chopped down two more legs and put another Rune Knight to the ground. There were two more left and it was Tao's turn! The horsemen looked around in fear when the elven girl set another firestorm over them. They were not down, but they were not well. Definitely.

Hans and his bow tried to put an end to one's suffering. Unfortunately the arrow did not hit the bullseye. The centaur still stood in much pain.

Max saw a chance to pull back. He knew it was too dangerous allowing both the enemies to pierce him again. On the other hand, if he walked away, the knights would have Tao and Hans in the front line. It could be a slaughter. He could not do that. Feeling he had the strenght to face the remaining foes and still survive, the swordsman stepped forward and came across the blazed knight. One hit and he was out of the way.

The last Rune Knight was almost dead already. Before he could do anything, Ken approached and thrust the spear though his neck.

The battle was over and they finally got to the neighbour kingdom!

screenshot_2014-05-13_1815.jpg

BATTLE 3 RESULTS
Casualties: None
Party: Max L5, Ken L5, Gort L6, Tao L5, Lowe L2 and Hans L5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

strike fast and furious haha. I like the cut down the horsemen's legs :D
Hans seems like a waste of space, Unfortunately the arrow did not hit the bullseye lol.
Vamos Alterone!! :)

Damn why is Lowe at Level 2?? haha
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Couldn't play much since Tuesday.
Hope I can have an update or two during the weekend.

Lowe is still at level 2, but fortunately, Khris is at level 4. :)
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Same here, although my 4 men army on vanilla is getting quite easy now since they are very strong compared to all enemies :)
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

After traveling in the weekend, I managed to finish battle 4 (which went way easier than the others), but could not write it yet.
Too much work at work. :damnit:
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

okay :) Anywhere nice? :) I finished 4 man playthrough on Vanilla and it is easy!! But i think your mod will be a problem :) need more than 6 men haha.
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

I went to a small town for my brother's birthday.
Not so cool the place, but we had a great time.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Aha you went to celebrate brothers mod :) nice man. Now back to reality and more epic SF1 action :)
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Arriving in Alterone, Max saw no sign of Kane and the Runefaust army, and headed to the castle to speak with the King.
He found out Kane was hidden there and had convinced the King not to act against Reunefaust plans.

Max was traped and put in jail.
Then a kyantol girl appeared.
She managed to open up the cell door and find a secret passage that led outside of the castle.

This time Kane and his army were not hidden anymore.
Fortunately (or maybe not!) the enemy commander had important affairs to look after and could not take his place in the battle.

Max was not alone. His supporters were ready as well.
They were by the southwestern side of the city, while their enemy took a formation north just outside the castle gates.

Max decided to cross the river at the eastern bridge and head north from there.
The enemy sent a detachment to detain them. Max and Gort were extremely strong! The Rune Knights didn't fright them anymore. Tao, Hans and Ken backed the two frontliners and even Khris, the kyantol who had replaced Lowe, did some whacks. The detachment could not do much against them and were soon out of the way.

The remaining army would not be that easy. They got lancewielders knights, snipers who could hit a fly across the river and even a dark cloaked mage who looked fearsome.
Max and his company crossed the second bridge and approached them. They were six. The enemies were seven. Gort took his traditional front position as bait. Two Rune Knights came galoping to hit him. Their lances were hard, but the dwarf had hard skin as well. Tao, Max and Ken got the knights as Gort advanced to severely wound a sniper.

The snipers and the dark mage were big threats, especialy from afar, but they had a common weakness: they could not bare much direct combat. Surpised by the ferocious of the dwarf's attack, the three of them pulled back.

The enemy got scattered. Gort had both eyes on the stunned trio, griting his teeth for them. Meanwhile, Max, Ken, Tao and Hans went for the two remaining knights and made short work of them.

The battle was coming to an end. It was six against three. And one sniper was wounded. Khris healed up her partners as they came to the final clash. Ken was first to move and he finished off the weakned archer. Hans was next and shot an arrow on the other sniper. Then Tao blazed her firestorm over them. Gort finally broke his guard dog instance and whirled his axe to split the dark mage's abdome in two. Last but not least, Khris came forward to knock the head of the sniper with her staff.

With few scratches, Max and his friends claimed victory on the streets of Alterone.

(The battle went so fast that the photographer couldn't take the picture)

BATTLE 4 RESULTS
Casualties: None
Party: Max L6, Ken L6, Gort L7, Tao L7, Khris L5 and Hans L6
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

The lances were hard, but the Dwarf had hard skin as well :D :D :D
You forgot to mention that the Dark Mage and the Snipers run inside the hut :D
They can run but they cant hide!! pow!! finish :)

I like the last comment - The battle went so fast that the photographer couldn't take the picture haha
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Short of time lately.
And the few I have I'm not feeling like writing. :(
I finished battle 5 a couple of days ago, but couldn't write a line yet. :blush:

Guess I'll have a shot of rbahamut's mod before resuming this playtrough. Sorry guys.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Its not as good as your mod :D