Shining Force: SHINING FORCE - BROTHERS MOD *v3.5 is out now!*

Kane has joined the force! Now with Challenges!

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

SHINING FORCE - BROTHERS MOD *v3.5 is out now!*

Post by Lobo »

Link to v3.5 ips file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_7qdXD ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

* Minor changes to spell learning levels and correction to sleep resistance of some late enemies, including DD.

Link to v3.5 BR version of the mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GvBUs8 ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

########################################################

Link to v3.3 ips file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11KeGF ... mo64Jg82CU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To boost the replaying value of the mod and to post a real challenge to hardcore players, I just thought of a set Challenges to be achieved.
Will post it here and update the first post for all to see.

SHINING FORCE BROTHERS MOD CHALLENGES SET:

1. On to Alterone: Win battle 3 with all Rune Knights still alive
2. Not to use Blaze inside: Win the chapel battle with Tao having a full MP bar
3. Band on the run: Win the Laser Eye battle with all your 12 characters and at least 1 Pegasus Knight still alive
4. A Hamster to rule them all: Defeat Elliott with Jogurt landing the last blow
5. Rest in peace: At Ring Reef, finish the Necromancer without killing any ghoul or skeleton
6. A brother for a father: Defeat Kane with Max, Anri and Mae alone on the upper plateau
7. Burning the Wires: Finish the battle by defeating Chaos and 2 other robots with a single Alef's Bolt 2
8. Head of the operation: Defeat Colossus central head before the other two
9. Frontal assault: Kill Darksol with at least 10 enemies still alive
10. Perfect score: Finish Dark Dragon seeing Max special animation and with a full 99 HP bar

Anyone who achieve a feat may post a picture here or send me by PM.

Good luck, guys! :) :thumbsup:

It's been quite a long time and today - April 17th - I can finally launch my Brothers Mod! :excited:

I feel like I've been working on this one forever. Since I first got my hands on rubix's editor.

Then, Doomblade's Challenge Mod came out and became quite an inspiration, as I could not avoid using some of his ideas for names and pictures, specially on weapons and enemies.

Later on, as rubix kept developing the editor, I kept making changes to the mod. Battle editor, text editor, graphics/palettes editor...I made good use of them all.

But always tried to keep the main focus on this mod: It's not a new game at all. It's just the good and old Shining Force game, only with some minor adjustments.

If you're gonna play this one, you will have the same 30 characters going through the same 30 battles. The bosses are the same too.

And what has changed?

Well, the differences are everywhere. Items, spells, enemies, stats, chests contents... Only, I tried to make them subtile. Tao still casts Blaze and Ken still starts out with a spear. Guntz's still a tank and Torasu is likely to learn Aura 4 if you level him enough. But who knows which of them will learn a brand new spell? And who will get an unusual stat growth curve? ;)

Then, I must say the major changes were kept to the battles.
Though most of them still get the same kinds of enemies, their numbers and AIs will be much different. And this will make the game a lot harder than the standard one (which is not a surprise indeed).

I did playtest it at least four times. And twice since I made last major changes to battles.
Last time, I managed to get to chapter 8 without replaying any battle, so I know it's possible. But I must admit I abused savestates sometimes, as I did not have the time nor the will to get Max killed by a double hit at the end of a battle. :blush:

Well, I think that's it!
Here's the link to the IPS patch: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8Jrtq ... HpVbHVqNTA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's the link to v1.1 IPS patch: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By8C3ij ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link to v1.2 IPS patch: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By8C3ij ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link to Shining Force Brothers Mod v2.0 ips file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8C3i ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link to the BR version (translated to portuguese) of the ips file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8C3i ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link to v3.0 ips patch:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1phvBF ... FcjRZtYkeX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Link to the v3.0.1 ips patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/100Oq8Z ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to the v3.0.2 ips patch:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K1Crd ... kMQGJX3Sij" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you will all enjoy Brothers Mod.
Feel free to ask questions and post comments in this topic.

Thank you everybody, and special thanks to rubixcuber and Doomblade! :thumbsup:

############################################################

BROTHERS MOD v3.0 RELEASE!

Spoiler
v3.0.2:
Fixes to Kane's portrait animation; Vankar's portrait palette and animation; and Some items being dropped by enemies while not supposed to.
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K1Crd ... kMQGJX3Sij" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

v3.0.1:
Fixed an issue with Jogurt's animation.

####################################

As announced on the sixth anniversary date of the mod, today we are releasing v3.0!

This time the major change is having Kane as a playable character! :)

Unfortunately, as expanded characters feature is not yet fully functional, I had to put him in place of some other force member. Anyway, I think it's worth the price.

That apart, we have some other updates too, most of them graphicwise and due to Erikin's efforts to better the game sprites.

Erikin has been a big partner in this update!
If it wasn't for his work on Kane's sprites and his endless appetite for discussing changes and testing them ingame, we wouldn't have this update as soon as now.
Thank you, mate! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

About Kane's battle sprites I have to thank Steve (projectego) and his fellow Dan, the artist that originally drew them. :thumbsup:

I have done some minor sprite work too, like Kane's new map sprites. ;) :shifty:

And, of course, I have to thank Rubix once again!
If it wasn't for his incredible editor, this mod wouldn't be here in first place. And neither this update would have been possible to create! :thumbsup:

So, that's it!
Brothers Mod v3.0 is out now, featuring:

- Kane as a playable character!
- One of the original 30 characters doesn't join the force anymore.
- One of the original 30 characters join at a slightly different point of the game. (One battle later.)
- New battle sprites for mages/wizards!
- New battle sprites for Mishaela!
- New sprites for some weapons!
- Modified list of items, including revised names for boost items and exclusion of 2 items.
- Some new dialogues, reflecting Kane's new story.
- Brand new scene, with full new dialogue, in Kane's joining event! :excited:
- One original scene and dialogue cut off.

Link to v3.0 ips patch:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1phvBF ... FcjRZtYkeX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you enjoy it! :)

BROTHERS MOD v2.0 release!
Spoiler
It's December 29th of 2015, more than 3 and 1/2 years since the original launching of this mod.

I remember back then I was having a hard time fixing little issues prior to the launching, besides other life demanding tasks, like having a son.
Meanwhile, Rubix got really productive on the editor, releasing updates at a pace I couldn't keep up.
I always wanted to test some of those features on this mod, but couldn't find the time or will to make it for a long time.

Well, I did it lately.
Brothers Mod v2.0 has some nice features that could have been there since the begining. But I'm glad it was not, for now I have such nice add-ons to present:

Jogurt Levels! :excited:
That's right!
I've used that awesome feature from rubixcuber's editor to make Jogurt into a fully playable character.
He gains levels. He has growth curves. He has attack animation. (Thanks to rbahamut!)
Give him a spot in your party and watch how far he gets!

Fixed Land Effect :thumbsup:
Ever noticed the Land Effect didn't work right? Neither did I.
Thanks to rubixcuber's and katgirlfeli's researches, we all got to know that.
And thanks to them again, we can now have it fixed and working properly.

Automatic Item Passing :)
Ever got tired of passing items around in those rooms filled with chests?
Now the game does it automaticaly, just like in Shining Force II and III.
(Note: this feature doesn't work in battle maps.)

EXP overflow :shifty:
Once a character gains a level, experience is not reseted to 0 anymore.
Instead, it's subtracted by 100, just like in Shining Force II and III.

Fixed maps ;)
Some minor glitches in maps have been fixed.
The bottom-left spot in the room above Cave of Darkness is an example.
The walkable wall at Bustoke is another one.

Re-rebalanced economy :blush:
After lots of complaining about force bankrupting, the economy system has been revised.
Enemies give away more money.
Weapons and items are more expensive.
Reviving and curing cost the same, so they are proportionally cheaper.
Also, there's more gold inside chests, so, hopefuly one should be able to revive the whole force after a tough battle.

Minor stats changes :confused:
Some enemies got a bit stronger. (Specially bosses.)
Hans got stronger.
Minor changes in guys like Ken, Luke, Gort, Vankar, Domingo and some others.
Characters Critical stat revised.

Minor text changes

Well, I hope this is enough to make it worthy to replay and to inspire those who never gave it a try to finaly go for it.
And, most of all, hope all the players can enjoy it and have a good time around!

Link to Shining Force Brothers Mod v2.2 ips file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8C3 ... TFxa1BKS00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to the BR version (translated to portuguese) of the ips file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8C3i ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SHINING FORCE - BROTHERS MOD FEATURES:
Spoiler
v1.2 updates:

- Fixed an issue where itens that were not suposed to be used had been causing game crash when used. As intended from the begining, Power Ring, Shield Ring, Speed Ring and Halberd are now not usable, while the Mobility Ring finaly get to work it's Egress effect.

v1.1 updates:

- Fixed an issue in battle 1 where a goblin had been deployed weaponless;
- Fixed an issue with Hero's MP, which was insuficient to cast Egress if promoted at 10;
- Heat Axe and Atlas Axe are now breakable itens through use.

- New and rebalanced weapons/itens
Added 1 entirely new item;
Imported 4 new itens from Doomblade's Challenge-Mod;
Renamed some already existing itens;
Different ranges/AoEs and effects for some existing itens;
Different AoE of attack for 1 existing weapon;

- New and rebalanced spells
Added 3 entirely new spells;
Imported 3 new spells (w/ different values) from Doomblade's Challenge-Mod;
Added new levels for some already existing spells;
Different costs, ranges/AoEs, and effects for some spells;
Entirely new range/AoE for 1 level of one spell;

- Rebalanced characters
Different values and curves for stats*;
Higher levels for most unpromoted characters by the time they join;
Much higher stats for late unpromoted characters (Lyle, Bleu, Alef, Torasu and Adam) by the time they join;
Different set of spells for some charactes;
Different set of weapons available for some characters;
Different resistances for some characters;
Renamed 1 character;

- New and rebalanced enemies
Added 3 entirely new enemies;
Imported 11 new enemies (w/ different stats) from Doomblade's Challenge-Mod;
Different stats for already existing enemies;
Different resistances for some enemies;
Rebalanced levels for enemies, making character evolution smoother trough the game;

- New sprites and palettes
New map and battle sprites/palettes for most new enemies;
New map sprite palettes for some characters (paladins & promoted Luke);
New battle sprite palettes for some characters (paladins);

- Rebalanced battles
New set and # of enemies on each battle;
New set of weapons and spells for enemies;
Redefined areas of AI for most battle maps;
New (and improved!) AI's for enemies;

- Modified chests content
Different treasures inside chests;
1 entirely new map chest;
2 entirely new hidden battle chests (both in Dragonia);

- Rebalanced financial system
Less gold found in chests;
Much less gold earned for killing enemies;
Cheaper weapons and itens;
Same cost for reviving/curing characters;

- Modified set of weapons/itens available in shops;

- Different damage dealt by poison;

* Though most characters (maybe all) had some stats revised, the focus was on not to make them very different from what they were originaly. Thus, about 85% of the curves were left unchanged and about 90% of final stats are within +-5 from the original.

####################################################################

Link to Shining Force Brothers Mod v2.2 ips file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8C3 ... TFxa1BKS00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to the BR version (translated to portuguese) of the ips file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8C3i ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to v3.0.2 ips patch:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K1Crd ... kMQGJX3Sij" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to BR v3.0.1 ips patch:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12jkU5 ... o3GU_oQedn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Lobo on Mon Apr 11 2022 4:08pm, edited 34 times in total.
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Re: SHINING FORCE - BROTHERS MOD *Release Thread*

Post by acsound »

I liked the opening, with the minor change to Simone's chatter.

Minor glitch: Max can walk through walls at the Force HQ.

Major glitch: Max and Ken cannot move or fight.

Observe:
Do you think it might be an issue with Land Effect, which is unusually high for Max and Ken?

I'll start over from my save state at Guardiana (GSX) and keep you posted.

UPDATE: It looks like the others (Tao, Luke, Lowe, and Hans) are moving about normally on battle 1, with normal Land Effect changes (15% on grass tile, 30% on rocks, 0% on the standard floor in the Gate). All Max can do is Egress out; Ken can't do anything at all. Max and Ken are stuck on their starting positions in the grass (79%/Max, 46%/Ken).

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary when I patched the ROM, or saving it.

I do notice that you have a sixth Goblin at the battle. Could he have thrown off something?

The way this is working now, I have two options:
  • Arrange the team on the grass and have the Force stand their ground there, waiting for the enemies to come to them.

Leave Max and Ken on the grass and focus on leveling the charas that can move.
The first option's problem is that it leaves Max open to dying. The second option will leave Max and Ken underleveled. Neither of these options will fix the underlying issue, and I'm concerned that it may follow throughout the game.

Please advise.
Last edited by acsound on Tue Apr 17 2012 8:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

:shock:

Well, think I already know what it is.

I worked the game with my portuguese text all the time, as I was doing both projects at once, and then yesterday I reinserted the english text just before releasing.

It just happens that when text inserted for enemies' names exceeds some limit, it just cracks Max's movement.
It will be an easy fix and tonight I'll upload the fixed version.

Thanks, acsound! :thumbsup:

EDIT:

It should be fixed now. :thumbsup:
I already updated the link in the initial post of the topic.
Shining Force - Brothers Mod v1.0001.gif
Well, just tell me if you find any other issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by acsound »

OK.

Please disregard my PM response, then; I'll download this patch now.

NEW QUESTION (in spoilers for new players):
Spoiler
What's going on with the Speed Ring? When I had Tao use it (to Egress, as a Giant Bat had put Max to sleep), it skipped to an enemy's turn (a Sniper who opted to shoot our napping Max). I take it that the Speed Ring does nothing but buff a chara's AGI stat?
I'm in Chapter 2: the ever-hated* Rindo chapter.

* note: By me, anyway. First is the Desert of DELIGHT, then the Cavern of WONDERS, then Mishaela's MUPPET SHOW, and finally, Darksol's CHAPEL OF THE UNDEAD. Add to that the fact that the mayor won't simply give the Force his last ship, that the townsfolk are fickle with poor taste in theater, and the fact that Mishie incinerates your team's hard-earned ship in an awkward cutscene.... I hate Chapter 2.
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Spoiler
The Speed Ring is supposed to have no use.
So, 'not egressing' is within the plans. But 'skiping to an enenemies turn' is not.
I'll look into this issue later on.

Right now, just don't use it, as it's not supposed to be usable anyway.
I always liked chapter 2.
And if nothing else, I always liked the theater and the chapel of undead. :)

Have you enjoyed chapter 1?

And how are you doing in battles so far?
Too easy? Too hard? Fair challenge?
Thoth92
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Thoth92 »

Have been trying this out, just finished the first chapter. Really liking it so far. I Like the higher levels for new characters joining, I always hated having to work on new characters, making them do all the work etc. Doesnt seem much more difficult yet, although chapter 2 will probably be the gauge of that.
Is level 10 promoting still possible as I always prefer that, or will that make later battles really hard?
"One fine morning, I awoke to discover that, during the night, I had learned to understand the language of birds. I have listened to them ever since. They say: 'Look at me!' or: 'Get out of here!' or: 'Let's f**k!' or: 'Help!' or: 'Hurrah!' or: 'I found a worm!' and that's all they say. And that, when you boil it down, is about all we say. (Which of those things am I saying now?)"

http://jrobsonphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Thoth92 wrote:Have been trying this out, just finished the first chapter. Really liking it so far. I Like the higher levels for new characters joining, I always hated having to work on new characters, making them do all the work etc.
Me too.
Lv2 Khris and Lv3 Anri never made any sense to me.

Thoth92 wrote:Is level 10 promoting still possible as I always prefer that, or will that make later battles really hard?
Yes, it's possible and yes, it will make later battles really hard, but beatable, I hope.
I think you can play it the way like.
And if I'm wrong, you'll always be able to get help from late characters like Musashi, Hanzou, Adam, Alef and Torasu. :)
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by acsound »

Lobo wrote:
Spoiler
The Speed Ring is supposed to have no use.
So, 'not egressing' is within the plans. But 'skiping to an enenemies turn' is not.
I'll look into this issue later on.

Right now, just don't use it, as it's not supposed to be usable anyway.
Okay regarding the *SPOILER ITEM*.

I always liked chapter 2.
And if nothing else, I always liked the theater and the chapel of undead. :)

Have you enjoyed chapter 1?

And how are you doing in battles so far?
Too easy? Too hard? Fair challenge?
Really, it started with the Freeze 3-spamming Marionette. Chapter 2 is designed to crush you. :)

Chapter 1 was fine.

Hans is starting to fall behind (he only just reached Lv. 6); everyone else is at or approaching Lv. 7. The challenge is good so far.

UPDATE: Hans is caught up with most of the team, @ Lv. 8. Khris is a bit behind.

SPOILER NOTES:
Spoiler
It appears that the Power Ring is also meant to simply buff the wearer's ATK stat. ;)

Gort loves the Middle Axe.

Why "Zappa"? (I would have gone with Ain (not "Ein" from Cowboy Bebop, but Ain McDougal from FEDA).)
Thoth92
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Thoth92 »

I've run into a problem at the Cavern of Darkness. At the start of the battle the cursor goes over to the Skeleton but then it cuts out, the screen goes black and the music stops. Its probably because I've been playing it on my PSP? I figured if playing it on the PSP was going to be a problem there would have been problems earlier but everything seemed fine. I've tried saving in the church, and putting the srm file onto my computer but the problem is still there on Gens+. Guess I'll have to start over on my pc instead :(
"One fine morning, I awoke to discover that, during the night, I had learned to understand the language of birds. I have listened to them ever since. They say: 'Look at me!' or: 'Get out of here!' or: 'Let's f**k!' or: 'Help!' or: 'Hurrah!' or: 'I found a worm!' and that's all they say. And that, when you boil it down, is about all we say. (Which of those things am I saying now?)"

http://jrobsonphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

acsound wrote:
Spoiler
It appears that the Power Ring is also meant to simply buff the wearer's ATK stat. ;)

Gort loves the Middle Axe.

Why "Zappa"? (I would have gone with Ain (not "Ein" from Cowboy Bebop, but Ain McDougal from FEDA).)
Spoiler
You're right about the Power Ring.
And so is the Shield Ring about defense.
Have you found it yet?

And "Zappa" is the way his name should be translated from japanese, as you can find in some other topics.
There are other different translations, like "Chip" for Khris, "Vanguard" for Vankar, etc...
I chose to change only Zappa, because I think they meant a tribute to Frank Zappa, as SF3 werewolf is called Fran(c)k. :thumbsup:
thoth92 wrote:I've run into a problem at the Cavern of Darkness. At the start of the battle the cursor goes over to the Skeleton but then it cuts out, the screen goes black and the music stops. Its probably because I've been playing it on my PSP? I figured if playing it on the PSP was going to be a problem there would have been problems earlier but everything seemed fine. I've tried saving in the church, and putting the srm file onto my computer but the problem is still there on Gens+. Guess I'll have to start over on my pc instead
Sorry to read that.
Haven't tried it on PSP, but it worked fine for me on Gens, Fusion and even on MD.emu for Android.
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by acsound »

As far as that SPOILER ITEM: No, I haven't found it yet. If it was in Chapter 2, I missed it before learning about "Zylo's" madness. (*using official US name to hide the SPOILER name change*)
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

I'm probably doing something dumb with getting the patch to work, but after patching the IPS file and loading the ROM in Gens, nothing happens. The ROM works perfectly fine when unpatched.

I'm patching the ROM file with WinIPS 0.64, and playing it on Gens Plus v.0.0.9.61 (I wouldn't be surprised if these were sorely outdated versions of what's currently available).
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Something that's version 0.anything usually sounds like a beta to me. There's gotta be better emulators than that o.x

I tried patching it myself using LunarIPS v1.02 and playing it on Kega Fusion v3.64 and it works fine for me.

It might be more than likely a bad rom as well. The rom that you use needs to match the rom he used, and a bad dump of a rom will give you poor results. Try getting a rom from another place.
Noma
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Noma »

I have the same version of Gens+, so it's really not that outdated. Actually I think it is the current version.

I don't see it being an emulator problem.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Lobo
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by Lobo »

Strange.
It's working pretty fine on my Gens+ 00961. :eyebrow:
gens+.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by acsound »

Cullsoft wrote:I'm probably doing something dumb with getting the patch to work, but after patching the IPS file and loading the ROM in Gens, nothing happens. The ROM works perfectly fine when unpatched.

I'm patching the ROM file with WinIPS 0.64, and playing it on Gens Plus v.0.0.9.61 (I wouldn't be surprised if these were sorely outdated versions of what's currently available).
As far as ROM patching, I use IPS XP; it looks cartoonish, but works like a dream.

I make a copy of my vanilla SF1 ROM, rename the copy to match the IPS patch name, open the IPS patch, pick the renamed ROM copy, and apply the patch.

My emulator of choice is KEGA Fusion version 3.64.

(aside: I sincerely hope I didn't miss out on the Shield Ring....)
ehow22
Mr. WTF
Shining Legend

Post by ehow22 »

Works fine for me Culley(there fixed :P).

I just started and found something kind of funny(not sure if i'm the only one who's had this)
Spoiler
In the first battle, I found the goblins doing decent damage until one attacked Gong and only inflicted 1. I went to check the Goblins stats and:
That's probably why :shifty: . Only seems to be the case with one of them. No real big deal just something I found funny since Ken was taking 5 damage from those jokers...

EDIT: 2nd battle Rune Knights just sat still(attacked me though) while I pummeled them from across the river with ken, Hans, and Tao...

And HOLY CRAP GORT WITH 13 DEFENSE FOR HIS FIRST FIGHT :shock:
Last edited by ehow22 on Sat Apr 21 2012 3:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
acsound
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by acsound »

To the Pao Bridge/Laser Eye battle: It was extremely tough for me. I could deal with the Peg. Knights, but the Dark Elves would try to pick off anyone trying to camp in the only safe ledge on the bridge (from the Laser Eye). About half of my team died--and that was my second attempt. My first left me with only Max, Lowe, and Amon; Max died and nearly bankrupted the Force.

Diane killed the SPOILER Knight and ended this battle.

shining_LAZOReye by acsoundwave, on Flickr

Anyhoo, at least I twice destroyed the Laser Eye (better than my efforts on the Bridge in the Darkwolf Mod (rotten MALEVOLENCE :damnit: )).

Onward to Pao, and welcome to Pelle!
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

Problem sorted - turns out I've been using a lousy ROM dump for the last 12 years.

Am currently at the Cave Of Darkness. I like the way that many of the enemies in the battles so far have been rearranged, making them feel more akin to later Force games. Giving the Rune Knights spears certainly made for some interesting changes of tactics on both their and my sides.

Oh, and it's Culley, by the way.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Good to see that its all working for you. I suppose I should give someone else's mod a try now that mine's been released. Would be a bit relaxing to play someone else's mod than work on my own.