Shining Force: darkwolf777's (aka katgirlfeli's) SF Mod Release Thread

Current Version: 1.20 Date: 7/15/2014

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Moderator: Shining Moderators

katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: darkwolf777's (aka katgirlfeli's) SF Mod Release Thread

Post by katgirlfeli »

All 3 Healers get Heal and Aura. Lowe gets Heal 4 and Aura 2. Torasu gets Aura 4 and Heal 2. Khris gets Heal 3 and Aura 3. Everyone gets Detox 2. That leaves the final Spell which is a buff that they can master. Lowe gets Attack 4. Khris gets Boost 4. Torasu gets Shield 4. The level 4s of these spells do hit the entire map much in the way Aura does.

Choose your supports wisely (or use them all!)

Edit: Another bug. I forgot that Hanzou knew Poison, but I switched Poison and Egress to fix an issue with the Poison Spell. Well, he'll know Egress now (and Egress 2 which isn't programmed to do anything). I suggest not using Egress 2 as who knows what it'll do (or it might just do nothing). I'll have to fix that (but such a fix would require a game restart so that Hanzou has the right spell), but its not a big deal I suppose.
Last edited by katgirlfeli on Tue Jul 22 2014 10:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Oh okay :) I will throw out Gong soon then lol.
Luke and Ken definately going home!! Weak attacks LOL.
Arthur is ripping it with Lancet3...
What good is Jogurt? The guy has 1 HP as always haha
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Ken did just fine in my final team but there are a lot of good choices, though I don't really have a Tier List of sorts for my mod.

Gong is also quite strong. He comes with Attack 2 and Boost 2, though his MP is quite low to do this repeatedly. In my test, At 20 Promoted (w/ Level 15 Promotion) he has 75 HP, 27 MP, 94 ATK, 49 DEF (w/ Lunar Dew (+5 DEF)), and 54 AGI . Also note that when Promoted To Master Monk, Gong's Normal Attack is ranged (same range as Blaze).

Jogurt is usable though how usable I don't know as I didn't use him in my final party. I was hoping someone would be brave enough to give him a test run. His design was made before the "Yogurt can level up" mod, but I don't think I'll use that mod.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Oh i see, then its going to be a tough choice, im not a fan of Luke LOL :) That red nose of his is off putting haha.
My Khris is a tank at the moment, shes level 25 promoted lol.
I promoted her at level 20 since i didn't know you could go to level 30 :)
Some of these battles are well tough, specially the Laser Eye battle :)
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

How is she level 25 promoted already or were you just on a buffing spree and grinding her for the sake of grinding?

In any case, whatever tankiness she might now have will greatly decrease as the game goes on. If anything, if you found the Kitsui Fuku for Anri, she'll be a super tank for the midgame ;)

All the Priests have rather poor ATK scores. Should consider raising them a bit (though none of the final Staves increase ATK because they don't attack), although, there is another weapon hiding around for them they can use.

And as mentioned, there's should be no benefit to promoting at 30 instead of 20, as by 20 you'd have your stats based on the character's growth charts. Past 20, the game might randomly give you 1 stat or so, but its really not worth it :p At best, characters who do learn spells will have their pre-promoted levels count for their spell level ups I believe, which might help you get some of the higher tier spells at an earlier promoted level, or at least i think so, if you really want to put that extra effort.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

I didn't grind Khris on purpose, i used her Aura to keep my team alive at the first piss take battle :D Chapter 5 Cavern where the Mage keeps casting Bolt2 on everybody LOL.
This was where Lowe also got up his levels.
Currently at the Kane battle and i have a feeling this will take awhile :)
Any items in those visible chests?
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

If the chests could be opened in battle in the original, then the chests can be opened in battle in this mod. This includes the hidden chests.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Okay got 1 Shower of Cure, i dont remember what was in the vanilla O_O Might need to patch this mod, them Mages do hurt.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Mages wont change. As I tested this myself, all battles can be beaten without Egress. Use the tools available to you.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

No i mean, those mages casting Bolt2 on every turn.
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Well, go patch it then, or git gud B3
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

I'll see how it goes man, apart from me and Shiningeek, anybody else playing?

Edit: Just done the Kane battle and got the Yogurt Spoon...I forgot about the hidden item at the top, what was it?

Using Yogurt in my party, damn this guys powerful with the spoon, got the ring after 1 kill and now defence is 27 LOL.
He dodged 2 arrows so far and i got a level up and he learned Kaboom along with Void2.

The forest battle was interesting, rather than kill all, its about Max getting to the castle.
I see Yogurt cannot get hit by physicals. Powerful hits damn!
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

That should be 127 Def. Check his DEF during battle.

Other than the Shower of Cure and the Yogurt Spoon, the other item in that battle is the second Lunar Dew. Its assumed that you used the Lunar Dew to cure Zylo, but the Lunar Dew can also be equipped to give 5 Defense. It can also be used to cast Detox 1.

Yogurt CAN get hit by Physical Attacks. He's has a bonus 50% evasion in addition to the default evasion. He can get hit, its just hard to.

As for the battle getting to the castle, there are no infinite respawning enemies here. You can kill them all.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Oh I see, those Gargoyles just kept spawning and putting people to sleep was annoying so I just ran Max to the castle.
I think I will alternate using Jogurt and 1 other character, so far he replaced Ken.
I still haven't decided who to use Chickens, Def pots and Str pots on. I have all Health breads to Max.

Mischela battle is almost impossible with those Marionettes casting Bolt2, theres like 4 of them and sometimes 2 of them cast it before my healers go and GG it is LOL.
Might have to patch this mod after all...

Edit: Infact, i managed to beat the Mischela battle after all. Once i killed those 2 Marionettes, things got a little easier even with those Wyverns lurking around...
Pulled off 3 Bolt2's, 1 from Max, and 2 from Tao.
Jogurt survived all the way up to MIschela with the Guardian Staff casted on him and he managed to do a nice critical off Mischela!! about 190 damage which was nice, Max went in for the kill with the Sword of Light!!

Edit: just done the first 2 battles in Chapter 7 which wasn't too difficult, got Torasu and Alef.
Zylo and Gong are out, how is Musashi and Adam in this mod?

By the way, Im at the Chaos battle, how many respawns are there? More than 3 i know for sure.
Well i beat the Chaos battle by luring him out while ignoring those Lasers.

Final battle in Chapter 7 was quite difficult with that Mage casting Bolt3 every time but i managed to beat the battle by using Tao and Alef's Bolt3 when there were monsters nearby with the constant respawns while protecting myself with the Guardian Staff.
How is Hanzou?

So i did the first battle, wasn't difficult, went straight into the Ramladu battle and it was piss easy damnnn, done it in 1 go with those Bolt4's from Tao and Alef...GG
Those robots all got bashed up with my massive AoE spells like Freeze 4, Halberd, Lancet3, Chaos Breaker spell and more.
I took the 2 japanese named items and gave the sword to Max and the shield to Arthur.

Did the Chaos battle in 1 attempt, they do have HP regen but that didn't matter with Earnest and Hans doing their critical hits.
Damn that Buster shot is sick, massive radius and he can really rip things to shreds.
I see you modified the Dark Sol battle, seems like a long way round...

Also Hanzou's Egress2 makes an enemy attack Max but if i choose not to use it, the next turn is something different...Odd.

Also when a character is mute and they cast a spell on an enemy, it drains the enemies MP on however much the spell will cost, this a bug?

GG and I finished!! I see Dark Dragon you have to defeat all 3 at the same time otherwise they respawn LOL.
My Tao and Alef with the Bolt4's really ripped them apart including those knights but boy do they hit hard.
I didn't patch the mod by the way, persevered all the way till the end damn lol.
It was a bloody hard mod, but if somebody would patch the mod, it would be more fun to play rather than grind and grind.

My Bleu was like level 7 and found it difficult to catch up on the levels.
Hanzou wasn't all that powerful, just hes fast and versatile.
Hans is really good but defence is a little low, just need to keep him away from enemies.
Anri had solid defence with that green outfit.
Tao and Alef destroyed everything with Bolt4.
Torasu was like level 8 and didn't learn Aura4 yet.
Arthur was sick with Lancet4 and drain.
Earnest was powerful with the Valkyrie.
Lowe and Khris were good healers although end game their defence wasn't so good.
And finally, Max was a tank with the Shield ring...
katgirlfeli
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by katgirlfeli »

Congrats!

Chaos Battle: The Lasers will continue to respawn. Defeating them is not your purpose. Its supposed to be like that.

Other than that, seems that Bolt 4 is still too strong. I suppose I'll have to weaken it by probably half considering both users knocking out 240 HP out of what normally has 300 HP is a little much. I never used Bolt in my mod originally (Alef was the one who learned it soonest and I didn't use her) so I never really got to test its impact. I'll weaken it at some point.

Hanzou is not supposed to have Egress 2 but Poison 2 which I mentioned is a bug I noticed and would have to fix.

No clue about the MP thing while Muted. Enemies didn't even have Dispel in the original that i'm aware of, so the Force couldn't be silenced that I know of. Its probably a bug from the original game.
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Yeah I just placed some characters where the Laser Eye spawns were and used Arthur to deliver a Lancet4 on Dark Sol. He was weak from all those Bolt4's from which I casted followed by Bolt3 / 2 once my MP ran low.

After seeing so many flashes from the Bolt spells, I think my eyes need a break from anything powered by electricity :)
Sniper Lyle
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Sniper Lyle »

Just finished Alterone and chapter 1. Kane doesn't mess around. :shock:

Not too far in yet, but I'm enjoying it so far. :)

- Death Tracker -
Tao - 1 (Battle 2)
Ken - 1 (Battle 2)
Gong - 1 (Battle 3)
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

Heh Sniper :) did you update the patch? :)
Hope you did otherwise you will have to suffer like I did LOL
Sniper Lyle
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Sniper Lyle »

Hmm, I dunno. I have v1.20b, is that right?
SaCred
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by SaCred »

yep that is the one :)

I mean it is a good mod, very different from the other ones hehe.
Now that you have v1.20b, just keep away from those mages that can cast Bolt :D