Lobo: I actually think that's a great argument, and I honestly feel that it's a disservice to have Kane join as a SDMN (took me a long time to finally settle on this), but my main reason for doing so was because while it makes total sense to have Kane join without a mask (and he does in my mod), I know the kid in me feels that the character of Kane is synonymous with that scary-awesome mask. Those horns, that crest - day-um. In my mod I have tried to rationalise the mask as being a instrument of power and one that Kane can finally now wield without being a puppet of Darksol. Even so, I flit between both implementations.
RC: I bet you're busy as heck, but thought I'd raise a few of these items now as I've discovered a couple of bugs within the Editor. I'll just go through them as they appear in my notes:
1. Would it be possible to remove 'empty' level ups? I'm pretty sure this was a 'feature' in SF2, also. Essentially, no matter what, whenever a Force member levels up, they will at the very least earn a +1 something - never ever nothing. I find that when I (as well as returning players) get an empty level up, I just reload a recent savestate and try again.
2. Would it be possible when purchasing a weapon from a seller for there be a prompt to equip the weapon immediately after the transaction is completed? This would be another SF2 feature that would be quite cool to see retrofitted into SF1.
3. Do you know if portraits #50 and #51 (duplicate Guardiana King portraits) are ever used in-game? Would it be safe to replace these portraits without breaking any in-game... cutscenes?
4. If you import a map sprite designed primarily with enemy/alternate map sprite colours, the Editor will load them perfectly fine with the correct colours displayed but the 'enemy palette colours' box will not be checked. Checking the box will revert back to the default map sprite colours. Seemingly no matter how you save file map sprite, the next time you load up the Editor and check out the map sprite it display the default colour palette and the enemy/alternate colour palette (when checked) will no longer display the correct colours.
This isn't really a big deal as I personally edit map sprites with the default colour palette knowing that they will appear just fine when the enemy/alternate colour palette is checked, but when my artist whom is not at all familiar with the mechanics of SF1 designs artwork with the enemy/alternate colour palette in mind and hands them back to me, I have to re-edit the sprites back to the default colour palette (making them look weird as hell) and remember to check the enemy/alt colour palette option in-Editor. Not complaining - I love that the Editor allows us to extend the NPC/enemy roster, but my artist has completed over 30 unique map sprites so far (over 90 including side and rear-facing variants) and editing them one-by-one means less time for other stuff.
5. Bug: When editing map sprites, the 4x4 pencil drawing tool works identically to the 1x1 drawing tool. The 2x2 drawing tool works perfectly. I personally very, very rarely use the 2x2 or 4x4 options, but thought I'd let you know that the latter is not working as intended.
6. Bug: Here's a big one that I haven't properly figured out, but here's the gist: Importing a new portrait #52 works perfectly. However, importing ANY portraits onwards will result in a borked colour palette - one identical to portrait #52. I went and mass-imported approx. 30 unique portraits earlier, and 29 (everything after portrait #52) seemed to have been imported with the exact same palette as #52.