Announcements: SFC's new owner...

Always check this forum first!
Moogie
Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

SFC's new owner...

Post by Moogie »

Well peeps, as you've probably noticed, I've barely been here the last 6 months. The site hasn't been updated and I've generally been a very slack admin. On the up side, my real life has been going pretty damn well!

Anyhoo, you all know I'm giving up the site next May after 10 years on the scene. The problem is, I don't yet have anyone to take it over.

Here's where the fun begins.

Lee and I were talking the other night and discussed the possibility of doing kinda in-person 'interviews' for SFC ownership. That's right, *in-person*. I'd start off with chatting about it online with the candidates/applicants, and from them choose a few peeps who I think would be most suited. These people would then need to make their way to my home where we'd have a bit of a gathering and get to know each other, in order for me to choose someone I'm comfy handing the site over to.

This probably all sounds rather far fetched, and typing it I feel the same! But, I'm sure there are a lot of you who'd like a little holiday to England (all I can do is provide accommodation & food, travel expenses would be yours to sort out) and to meet up with a few hardcore SFCers.

I'm sure any of you who would be suited to the job are well aware of the sort of work involved in running this site (obviously not based on my more recent example ;)).

Well, there's not really much else to say... I'm just looking for some feedback on the idea. Any of you interested in taking on the site? Anyone want to buy it? Anyone want to come visit me and prove they deserve to run SFC?

There's a little bit of me now that has a hankering to redesign the site one last time, prep the control panel for updating it and just delegate the various tasks. It doesn't seem like such a bad thing to be part of a team now I've distanced my life from the site a bit.

Hmmm. Thoughts, feedback etc please.

I think it'd be nice to have a bit of a gathering before I head off into the sunset. But maybe I should stay a sillhouette on the horizon instead...

I dunno. Maybe I'll have a lil' play with a redesign to get the ideas flowing...

Respond here:
http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... =17&t=6292
Check me out on Twitch! :excited:
http://www.twitch.tv/ShiningMoogie