I'm afraid I haven't been able to complete this chapter over the weekend as promised.
However, I've been able to at least make an attempt this evening, and can provide a progress report...
- Checked team's equipment... generally looking good, though if it were me I'd have kitted Milo with the Flail for spread damage. Still, let's see how the Battle Axe handles.
- Sold Hiro's Bronze Shield and replaced it with a Madu... probably gonna need that extra attack power for some things coming up...
- Off to see the King to show him how AWESOME the posse has become. My main man Tristan bigs me up. Melvyl couldn't handle the awesome so scarpered before I arrived.
- Trader's now in town, so I decide to do a bit of crafting... seems every game's doing it these days. I have no time for cursed gear, so I sell the Dark Blocks (and the Herb Water and now redundant keys) to get enough to make some Mithril Armour for Milo.
- A quick stop into the Tavern for some HOT 'N' SAUCY SPANKING ACTION! Old Vic nods in approval. Mr. Brax just scratches himself... no, not there.
- Oh arse, Dai's already been returned. I was looking forward to a bit of tally-ho with my adventuring.
Oh well, at least I can get healed up at the Inn without him running off... or at least I will in a bit.
- Hello Slimy Ooze, are you here to witness my AWESOME?
- Hello Slimy Oozes, are you also here to witness my AWESOME?
- Grimwall cannot stand the Pyra's AWESOME blow.
- Killer bees? How about KILLER- ZEE...ROS? Oh, just die already.
- Off to the second level first encounter is a lone Driffid. It falls before my AWESOME. I then grab the Mithril Ore conveniently left by the entrance, then a little grinding to get Pyra to L23. A veritable swarm of Fungoids helps out with that... can they handle the AWESOME? Well, they but up a good fight, but alas, no.
- Ouch. Bunch of Deadheads by the entrance take down Hiro, and almost take out Milo who's not got enough MP left to revive him. Time to go back to pick some more AWESOME kit.
- Two battles with two groups of two enemies back on level 1. Milo misses his AWESOME Flail.
- Crumbuckets. After collecting Milo's Mithril Armour, selling his old Bronze Armour and reviving Hiro, I'm left with just under the 10000 gold needed to craft a Mithril Shield for Pyra. Oh well, back to the labyrinth - a bit of grinidng in the early levels should get me the AWESOME cash I need.
- A bit of inventory management - Milo gets Pyra's Angel Feather, Hiro gets Milo's Healing Fruit. That way the items are avaialble to people who don't have spell equivalents if things get nasty.
- Fungoids divide in two. My AWESOME divides them into several little pieces.
- Sorceror casts Bolt L1. Hiro casts AWESOME. AWESOME wins every time.
- Milo learns the AWESOME power of Desoul!
- Holy crap! Hiro gains another rare (and very much needed) 3 Defence Points! AWESOME!
- Brikeyes! The party do a lousy job against them, failing to spread their attacks for a quicker win. Milo takes more 25-30HP hits than I like to see. Not AWESOME.
- Damn... for a party passed on from Stephen "power level" Walchy, the team feels way underpowered and unAWESOME.
- If Milo's going to be using an axe, I guess I'm going to have to Make Axes Great Again. Gird your loins, we're taking on a Sentinel... Pyra Boosts Hiro's Attack! Milo casts Quick L2 on the party! Sentinel hits Hiro for 56! Hiro hits Sentinel for 96! Pyra boosts Milo's attack! Milo hits for 44! Hiro hits for 90! Sentinel dies!... That felt too easy. At least Milo gets a better Great Axe, and the quest continues.
- Our first Maligators!
Sadly Milo's Great Axe doesn't feel so great, as even with Pyra's help he can't take out his reptitilian target. Not AWESOME at all.
- Pyra learns Heal L2. I'd have expected her to have already learned it by now, but am glad she can properly assist with healing duties now. AWESOME.
- Maybe Milo's Great Axe will take out a Deadhead? No, he misses. UnAWESOME imbecile.
- Maybe a quick and AWESOME stroll outside and some fresh air will clear everyone's heads?
- Manage to make it to one set of MP draining vines before Kromeball can jump me, which is an AWESOME relief...
- Only a team as unAWESOME as this could catch a group by surprise and MISS EVERY ATTACK...
- SHIT! KROMEBALL! And with low MP... barely survive the attack, and don't take it out before it explodes and Milo's out of MP...
- BARELY make it to the Magic Hood chest alive. Hiro has 59HP, Milo has 64HP, Pyra has 20HP. Abosolutely 0 MP. Good thing I checked we had an Angel Feather before we set off (and we got one as a drop earlier)... and fortunately just after Hiro and Milo level up! What an AWESOME stroke of luck...
- Back to the town to rest and sell some goods, and buy some decent kit that doesn't leave our arses covered in bruises. I sell Milo's mouldy fur hood, and get an AWESOME Mithril Shield crafted for Pyra. I'm way short of enough money for the AWESOME Magic Mail, but it's not much to trade Pyra's Hemp Robe for a Leather one.
And, at 11:30pm, that's where things take a pause for now. Hopefully I can complete the level tomorrow evening...
...Though I've had a thought while running this level. Once it's finished, you're expected to return to Xern to collect the Medallion, then play though the level again to drop off the Medallion. Is this part of my chapter, or should I pass it on to the next player once I've collected the Medallion from Xern?