If Phill's not covering the Trial of Courage, I'm happy for Walchy to take that chapter - covering both Milo and Pyra's training and Trial of Strength is pretty lengthy, and I'd rather pass it along than do Trial of Courage on top of that (especially if it helps keep things moving, as I probably wouldn't get that finished before the weekend).
Anyhow, let's see reveal how the party fared in the Trial of Strength!
- A bit of anti-Kaisy navigation on the way to Cave Of Strength by avoiding facing left-turn corners.
- Screw the Chestbeaks for now, I'm not in the mood for dying this early! No probs with getting other chests, though.
- Ran into a Kaisy early into the Trial - git awesome blows Hiro for 28 points after he misses! Manage to take him down before his next attack, though.
- Despite having a big shiny ball, Milo struggles to OHKO enemies early in the trial.
- Yaye! Pyra gets Blaze L2. Multi-tasking barbecues now on the menu.
- Backing into the Killwave pool in the lower part of the centre hall. Again, I'd rather not get beaten up especially as I'm holding back on healing Hiro until I can do a full Heal L2 on him.
- Gordon Bennet, Milo and Pyra... could you guys get through a battle without ANY misses?
- Well, that was a bloody waste! Blaze L2'd a group of Mad Gnomes, not a single one gets OHKO'd.
- After clearing items from the central hall area, the party inventory's almost full so I head back to the entrance to sell some stuff. Milo gets poisoned by a Widowfang on the way - this day just gets better and better! At least Pyra gets a level up along the way, though I'm not running to the tavern quite yet.
- Back in town, I sell the Wisdom Seeds and a few Herbs. I've now got more than enough to get Milo a Main Gauche - I want to see plenty of OHKO's!
- OH COME ON, Two Kaisys back to back?
- Pop downstairs to pick up the Healer Fruit, run straight into a bunch of Skeletars and Triclopses! Hiro gets poisoned by a Skeletar, but fortunately none of the Triclopses get an MP drain in.
- Blaze L2 pays off at last - have to use it to emergency finish a group of Skeletars before they finish off Hiro.
- I resist the urge to take a blind leap of faith over the trapdoor to the Mithril Ore. Not that it would be much use at this stage, but I'm not going back down to the arsekickers on the lower level again.
- F***'S SAKE YOU'RE ALL WORSE THAN HANS WITH THESE SODDING MISSES!
- HOLY FUDGING CRAP HIRO GOT A +3 IN DEFENCE!
- Skipping the south-west corner Chestbeak entirely. Still not in the mood for dying, especially the way the Trial's gone so far.
- Ran into a Killwave on the southern passage. But this time HE misses twice and the party wins without taking a single hit. Ciao!
- Hiro gets paralysed by a vampyre on the way to the Woven Robe in the south-west corner! Fortunately it wears off right before I run into five more of the buggers.
- Dang it, so many Vampyres in the three-prong hall! What've you got against me? I like bats! Feeding the bats was my favourite bit when I got to be a wildlife park keeper for a day!
- Dangit, two Triklopses gets MP drain on Milo. There go six L1 Heal spells. At least Pyra learned Egress afterwards.
- Crying out loud, Killwave gets off a Freeze L2, then EVERY. BODY. MISSES.
- Yaye - Skeletar drops me a Depoison.
- Hah! Group of three Deathguides all try sleeping powder on me, but only the last one works and only on Pyra, who's paltry damage wouldn't make much difference to the fight.
- After picking up the Short Sword in the north-east corner near the end of the trail, my inventory's full and I'm almost out of MP, so it's time to Egress. Just as well, because I want to take a break at the Tavern before finishing the Trial...
- Back in town I sell the Short Sword and Woven Robe I found (got better stuff on those who can use them), as well as a Depoison and a couple more Herbs. With over 2600 gold, I can easily afford the Breastplate for Hiro and Hemp Robe for Pyra... groovy. The Alkemist has just got a Miracle Herb in stock, but I'm not tempted by her cheeky wink - not for the haggle-free price of 8000 gold at least.
- YEAH DARK JELLIES YOU BETTER RUN CAUSE I DON'T THINK YOU'RE READY FOR MY JELLY
- OH HELLO KAISY YOU WANT SOME PAIN CAUSE I'M BRINGING THE PAIN YEAH YOU BETTER RUN CRYING TO YO MAMA
- HEY THERE KILLWAVE YOU SERVING SOME ICE COLD DRINKS WELL FIRST I'M SERVING SOME RED HOT DEATH YEAH YOU GO BACK IN YOUR WATER HOLE YOU GO BACK IN AND YOU DIE
- WHAT'S UP TRIKLOPSES GONNA MAKE SOME MOVES WELL HOW ABOUT THESE SUPER FLY MOVES... Oh crap, one of them survives and drains an Egress spell from Pyra, maybe time to start taking things seriously.
- And now the reason I wanted to get out and rest before finishing: Gila joins the party! And as I've just rested, he should be sticking around for longer! You want more Wahunga? THE SITD STRIKERS BRING YOU MORE WACHUNGA!
- Group of five Skeletars. Milo and Pyra keep missing. Gila Wachungas into the fray. Milo gets poisoned. Serves him right for missing.
- North eastern path to the end of the trial could be nicknamed the boneyard. Four battles in a row with nothing but Skeletars.
- Pyra gets to L13 just before the end of the trial. Now passed, the party heads back to town to tool up for the next part of the adventure. On the way Hiro scrapes up to L14, and a friendly Slimy Ooze gives us an offering of a herb before we leave (Pyra rewards his kindness with DEATH).
Here's the stat summary:
- Code: Select all
[HP: 126][ATTACK: 66][DEFENCE: 21]
[MP: 0 ][IQ: 56][SPEED: 36][LUCK: 30]
[HP: 88 ][ATTACK: 41][DEFENCE: 25]
[MP: 66 ][IQ: 64][SPEED: 45][LUCK: 47]
[HP: 84 ][ATTACK: 32][DEFENCE: 37]
[MP: 79 ][IQ: 75][SPEED: 63][LUCK: 42]
And here's the ZIP file with save state and SRAM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.