Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining in the Darkness
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining in the Darkness 2.0 Battle Editon

It's finally here guys!!!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Shining in the Darkness 2.0 Battle Editon

Postby rbahamut » Wed May 28 2014 4:28am

will give this a shot
rbahamut

Postby SaCred » Sun Jun 01 2014 4:03pm

You won't be disappointed. Maybe when you finish it, you can make a no revive version RBahamut Mod lol.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Ricky Fox » Sat Nov 22 2014 2:45am

Great one! looking forward for more... :excited:
Ricky Fox

Postby Morath » Tue Nov 22 2016 7:52pm

Just wanted to pop in to say I'm playing through this and am very much enjoying it. It's a breath of fresh air to have items drop that aren't far below what you're already wearing. Farming feels more rewarding: whenever something drops I actually want to try it out and if I don't end up using it then it's still useful towards getting something I want from the shop (the game is less grindy due to the item drops). I'm also impressed by how the items were repurposed based on the chests in the labyrinth (must have taken some thought ;p). The battles are also fun; thematically appropriate behavior and drops are appreciated. I think a good indicator in relation to this is fighting truffles and if you don't play carefully you can end up with 8 of them nearly perma-sleeping you which literally makes me drowsy; in other words you have achieved a high level of immersion with this example as well as other types of battle mechanics lol.

Overall this version is much improved over the original; now my mind gets to wondering about the potential of this game when including things like dungeon redesign...
Morath

Previous

Return to Shining in the Darkness