General Chatter: Bored Members Get Presidential

Want to talk about something other than Shining Force? Go ahead!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Bored Members Get Presidential

Post by Rune »

Niantic played the gen 2 release pretty well. You could catch most anything for a week, but now all the good nests are gone. People got hooked again and now are stuck playing for months to complete their pokedex. I would be more annoyed if it wasn't that the weather just went back to being awful, so I'm not going outside.
Chaos Wizard
Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Post by Chaos Wizard »

So some of you might know that I recently got f*cked by yet another bank that caused me to send off my wife and kids to New Mexico, and since I couldn't get a transfer I'm crashing downstairs at my mother in law's house.

Well me and the wife have been working tons of overtime and paying off bills and debts to basically get everything balanced and put down a payment for a house by the summer. (Hopefully)
We were doing really good too, and I just got told my mother in law and her boyfriend just pretty much sold this house.

Once again... I'm f*cked. I've pretty much got a few weeks to find a place to live, which means the money I've been saving is now gone and going to be going to rent on an apartment.

I don't exactly know what the f*ck I'm supposed to do at this point. Every time I start getting ahead and things are going well, something fucks me brutal like.

I can A). Get an apartment and defeat the entire purpose of working this overtime and slow the process of getting my family back in the foreseeable future or B). Find another job that isn't my Federal Career position with pretty solid pay, awesome benefits for my entire family and not one but two retirements, which will doubtlessly backfire fantastically and leave me in yet another debacle that will inevitably see me leaving my family with whatever I can possibly give them and I'll more than likely f*cking kill myself because I will literally never f*cking win. What the f*ck is the point? I even get f*cked repeatedly by my own family. It's f*cking amazing.
Stordarth
The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Post by Stordarth »

That sucks man.

But what are your mother-in-law and her boyfriend doing? Are they downsizing? Moving into a flat? Have they straight up told you you can't stick with them wherever they go?
Hacks
Milestone: Shining Force 2: Milestone Edition {25/06/11} / 12 Man Marathon {25/06/11}
------
RPG Gallery
LoV-Dark Dominion: Character Stats / Rebel Base Managment / Rebel Base Map/ Spell Damage Calculator

SFCW-A: Durandar, Sedor Silverwing
SFCW Gaiden- Shining Souls: Ragengo Image
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

At the very least, you could try and not spend a bit by renting with roommates to reduce the cost. You have my sympathies, this is a kick in the balls. I'd definitely stick with the job though. Solid jobs can be hard to come by and you never know what might happen (like being forced to find a new place.) Of course, I say that without knowing the full situation, so take it with a grain of salt.
Chaos Wizard
Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Post by Chaos Wizard »

Those two f*cking assholes are getting a one bedroom apartment when this new person takes over payments on the house.

Here's the thing. To move everything and get an apartment plus all the downpayments and what have you I end up spending more money than it would take to take over the mortgage myself, and the entire reason my family isn't here is because my mother in law doesn't want her own grandkids living here.

Amazing as how my mother is really happy about having all of her family there, save me which she is fairly upset about, but hey I can't f*cking do anything about that.

I can currently afford to pay two months mortgage right now on this house, and can in fact pay for this house, and had she sold this house to me and my wife a year ago she would be more financially secure herself, and I would have totally not had any of the problems I've had what so ever in the last year.

The bank and the apartment thing was over a check that I would have never had to cash, and that they bounced over an amount that was more than the difference between my rent at the time and the mortgage of this house. Not to mention I wouldn't have totally depleted all of my funds f*cking moving with zero notice because this bitch can't find a boyfriend who doesn't f*cking control her entire life because she apparently has no will power or self confidence.

Again, I'm making even more money now, and can actually afford to pay this house. Did I get asked about this house so I can move my f*cking family back here and live a normal life? No, I'm getting f*cked again, which is going to prolong this situation. I didn't even get a "Hey Phill you should probably save a little something up in case we find a buyer for this house, because we are looking into selling."

No I got a "Hey Phill we sold the house and you probably have about two weeks to find somewhere to live."

After a little time to digest my current state of absolute fuckage, which I should have known was coming given the fact that I'm currently doing really well for myself and my family is well taken care of despite being spread out in different states, I am going to need at least a two bedroom apartment because if I don't I'm going to have to continue to pay for my storage unit that's about 250 dollars a month.
If I get a one bed or a studio and continue to pay for my storage unit I'm still almost paying the total amount for the mortgage on this house that I could have again, f*cking taken over.

I would like to know how the f*ck everyone else survives and how I constantly find myself with a metaphorical huge f*cking dick in my ass.
ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by ZethaPonderer »

Umm... yikes. Looks like you're not in a really good mood at all there Chaos Wizard. If it makes you feel better then please listen to my story.

Sure your life seems worse but it seems to me like you still have your sanity under control from all the terrible things that are happening around you. I on the other am being considered mentally unstable to some extent. I don't talk like other people in real life. I have trouble socializing with others. I feel like the more I live in this world, the more I'm slowly losing my touch in reality and my sanity. You may be getting wrecked in the anal there metaphorically speaking, but it could be worse than a nonstop psychological testicular torture I experience on a daily basis. Curse these mind games that mess with my psyche. I just want peace inside my mind and soul.

I have a question there Chaos Wizard. Do you at least feel peace inside yourself from all the struggle?
Omega Entity
*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Post by Omega Entity »

I hope your mother-in-law and her boyfriend get hit by a bus.

Just sayin'.
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD

Any game I'm in should be considered a dating game.

SFCW Cailin's Character Sheet

SFCW Fiona's Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Stordarth
The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Post by Stordarth »

What a f*cking cow she is.

Any chance you can gazump the current buyer?
Hacks
Milestone: Shining Force 2: Milestone Edition {25/06/11} / 12 Man Marathon {25/06/11}
------
RPG Gallery
LoV-Dark Dominion: Character Stats / Rebel Base Managment / Rebel Base Map/ Spell Damage Calculator

SFCW-A: Durandar, Sedor Silverwing
SFCW Gaiden- Shining Souls: Ragengo Image
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

Careful Stor, your British is showing.
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

Yeah, that's some bullshit. The only bright side I can see is that this distances yourself and your family from your mother in law. Unfortunately, it's hard to severe those ties, but this should help.

Unrelated. But f*ck Richard Spencer for trying to claim Depeche Mode for his racist and bigoted fuckery. This may not be a surprise, but the band immediately said they have nothing to do with the alt right and do not support them. Spencer getting punched in the face definitely matches one of those times someone deserves a f*cking beat down.

But not all things in life are bad.

Seriously, why do I need three spiritual stones to pick up the master sword. What, any guy with three pieces of jewelry is the hero of time? I mean come on!
TheUnknownMarine
Master Narrator
Shining Legend

Post by TheUnknownMarine »

Chaos Wizard wrote:So some of you might know that I recently got f*cked by yet another bank that caused me to send off my wife and kids to New Mexico, and since I couldn't get a transfer I'm crashing downstairs at my mother in law's house.

Well me and the wife have been working tons of overtime and paying off bills and debts to basically get everything balanced and put down a payment for a house by the summer. (Hopefully)
We were doing really good too, and I just got told my mother in law and her boyfriend just pretty much sold this house.

Once again... I'm f*cked. I've pretty much got a few weeks to find a place to live, which means the money I've been saving is now gone and going to be going to rent on an apartment.

I don't exactly know what the f*ck I'm supposed to do at this point. Every time I start getting ahead and things are going well, something fucks me brutal like.

I can A). Get an apartment and defeat the entire purpose of working this overtime and slow the process of getting my family back in the foreseeable future or B). Find another job that isn't my Federal Career position with pretty solid pay, awesome benefits for my entire family and not one but two retirements, which will doubtlessly backfire fantastically and leave me in yet another debacle that will inevitably see me leaving my family with whatever I can possibly give them and I'll more than likely f*cking kill myself because I will literally never f*cking win. What the f*ck is the point? I even get f*cked repeatedly by my own family. It's f*cking amazing.
Do you have any friends in the area? About where are you living these days? How long do you have to work before you're good to go on that house down payment? As a side note, I believe it might be illegal to give you two weeks notice, you have the right to 30 days notice I believe.

Have you met with the new buyer? It might be possible to work out a temporary renter's agreement with him if he isn't a complete hellslave.

Other note: I find it extremely ironic that the preceding statements from Spencer before getting punched were, "No, I'm not a Neo-Nazi. What? No, I'm not a member of the KKK. Those people hate me, to be honest. Oh my pin? It's a-PUNCH."

Out of context it looks a little like the dude got punched because he said he wasn't part of the KKK or a Nazi. Couldn't Antifa have at least waited until he said something like "Hail Trump" before laying into him? I mean come on man, it's bad for the cameras.

Other other note: Is it even possible to find a place where I can just ignore the shitstorm that U.S. politics have become? It seems every social group and hobby I'm part of just keeps going back to the eternal war between right and left.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in some deranged version of Star Control 2 where the Alt-Right and SJWs are the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and Kohr-Ah engaged in some pointless and destructive war that just won't stop dragging in and destroying everyone else around them.
Cyric
Tyrannosaurus Sex
Shining Legend

Post by Cyric »

Phill - That both sucks and blows. Hopefully, you are able to resolve it soon and that life gets tired of stretching your sphincter. If not, demand the reacharound you rightly deserve.

Unrelated - China beckons.
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...
Chaos Wizard
Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Post by Chaos Wizard »

Zetha: Sounds like you are in the right place. A lot of these guys who you see actively posting are tremendously introversive and you would likely never guess.

The thing about this place and places like it, and the reason why so many introvert people take to the digital world is it is a place where they can express themselves without feeling like they are being judged, and maybe escape the kind of physical prison they perceive themselves to be in during their everyday life.

I would say keep your mind active and rooted in the issues and happenings of reality and join similar interest groups and possibly take to a philosophical club where you can engage in in-depth, stimulating and challenging discourse and contemplation while being firmly rooted in reality.

I wouldn't say you are mentally unstable, people just don't understand you, and you don't understand yourself because society as it is and the perceptions of what is socially acceptable to be is completely physical and immediacy based. Because of that pressure and perception your mind is looking for a way to escape and therefore your grasp of reality is collapsing in on itself.

Don't look for real life solutions in the immediate future for a problem that can treated with our very own digital age. I would have never known you had a communications issue here for instance, and now that I do I still won't judge you because you are surrounded by like minded individuals E-Kin if you will. ;)

A little about myself if I may.
I have been pretty seriously popular for the greater majority of my life, which doesn't exactly sound like I've had it rough. But, plot twist, for most of my life I have absolutely hated who I am, how I've lived, and like a lot of very visible and eccentric people I am massively insecure.
Loyalty to friends and family has been the only thing that has preserved me at times, and I typically stay away from any kind of substances because I will subconsciously try to destroy myself with them.
Self-destruction has been at times my forte.

I'm in great shape, and I'm not a terrible looking guy, but I'm in shape because I can't stand to let myself go. Not exactly a problem but it is compulsive.

Speaking of compulsivity.

I've been a musician for a long time, and I can play anything that you throw at me. Sounds good right? I can play anything that you throw at me because I'm so anal and compulsive I can't stand to be sub par, to the point where I will literally play the same thing sometimes for hours and not be able to sleep until I've met some kind of satisfactory progress that will doubtlessly be further improved during my next available waking hour, and when I am doing something else, I dwell on it.

These days I'm pretty aware of who and what I am. I also now understand that I blame myself for everything because I don't like not being in control. I, for the most part, have managed to largely overcome self loathing, and for the most part depression. On occasion I have to ignore the little voices that rationalize all of the reasons I should kill myself.
Some days it's ridiculous. There will be days or sometimes a week (It used to be months) where I will have a random thought, like something that I experienced as a child, or a good time with friends and immediately feel compelled to kill myself because those events are gone
That I didn't get to do something, well I should kill myself.
That I am going to have to deal with something. Oh, I've got it. Kill myself.

I dont' think those doldrum days are ever going to truly leave me. But I understand what they are, where they come from, their irrational and fruitless nature and that they will pass.

We've all got issues. Welcome home. :lol:

I used to be a lot worse, sex and drugs, and booze were how I medicated because I was a coward and couldn't deal with reality or stand to look in the mirror and confront myself. I didn't have the courage to accept responsibility, much less actually deal with those problems that haunted me.

I do have the tendancy to rant, and that is my way to vent. A lot of us do it upon occasion, especially because we are a long interconnected and tight knit community and feel comfortable with one another.
I, like the events in my life, blow up pheominally. And I know it even as I do it that it is going a bit too far.

In all actuality I understand I'm going to get through this, and inevitably my issues are finite like everything in this world. I will see it through and I will be stronger for it, in my very own Neitzchean way.

I don't know if I'll ever really have inner peace, but I'm doing a little better every day.

Edit: Another kind of funny thing. I greet everyone warmly who acknowledge me these days, I talk a lot, I'm friendly, I help people, but when I leave work I don't leave home. I don't want to either. Give me a book, or a guitar.

My wife frequently says she thinks it's stupid the way people kiss my ass. She'll mention me on facebook and get a dozen likes just because.
I assure you it doesn't annoy her more than it annoys me.

I don't like to be bothered. Unless I really like someone I don't want to let them have any way of contacting me. (Granted there are few guys here that can contact me day or night 24/7 :lol: )

It's not necessarily better or worse to be one or the other. It's just different. The hand that we were dealt, and what we can do to make the most of it. There are always solutions, and there are always handicaps.
Life is all about learning and overcoming obstacles as gnarly and imposing as they may be.
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

TheUnknownMarine wrote:As a side note, I believe it might be illegal to give you two weeks notice, you have the right to 30 days notice I believe.

Out of context it looks a little like the dude got punched because he said he wasn't part of the KKK or a Nazi. Couldn't Antifa have at least waited until he said something like "Hail Trump" before laying into him? I mean come on man, it's bad for the cameras.
Laws like that wouldn't apply to an informal arrangement between family. You'd need to have actually signed a lease for renting.

As for the other thing, not really. Anyone that sees that either already knows what a shit stain Spencer is, or looked him up and found out. If nothing else, they'll think he's getting punched for the Macklemore haircut.

I doubt you'll find anywhere people aren't talking about all of this. Afterall, Spicer just crossed the line he set for democracy to dictatorship: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/whi ... a9b78213ae
ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by ZethaPonderer »

Well I did not expect your post to get so deep and philosophical there Chaos Wizard. Didn't expect for you to have a side like that there? Regardless, I'm just glad that my story at least made you feel slightly less crappy there. :)

Even in my own native country I was still considered an outsider where I just didn't fit in nor did I feel like I belong in this world. Made many bullies in my day where they physically, mentally, and psychologically abused me whenever they got the chance. Some of them were mean-spirited enough to call me names that have strong implications of racism towards me e.g. they used to call me 'N****r Englishman' or Black Englishman in their own native language in Urdu which I transliterate as 'Kaalay Angraze'. But, the nice thing I can say is that I at least have a family that wants what is best for me and I fulfill my religious duties to seek spiritual guidance when I get lost in my own thoughts. I just can't help it y'know. Always overthinking, focusing too much on the details and not enough on the big picture, being cynical, critical, rigid, and harsh upon myself. It's official, I've become my own worst enemy and am glad I'm seeking psychiatric therapy to cope with my mental health. It is crippling my ability to even graduate at my college which I have to spent another year and a half to be done with my degree. Can't even begin to imagine how would I fill out my resume and get a job like everybody else? I just hope I don't get locked in a mental institution. :(

I don't play games to have fun with the exception of the Shining series that is (I hope). Any other game? I play as a form of escapism.
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

The sun came out today. Besides taking a long hike and catching some pokemon, that meant I called in a noise complaint against the frat next to me.

Although there are plenty of issues with the police in the US, at least they shut down frat boy assholes when I ask them to do so.
Earl
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Earl »

Chaos Wizard wrote: I would like to know how the f*ck everyone else survives...
Well, I still live with my mom :p
Which is only fair. I think I got my asocial-ness from her. I could certainly afford to live on my own, but I think it would probably be a bad idea to get away from one of the very few people I like. Left to my own devices, I could easily imagine myself quitting socialization altogether.

"That guy? I dunno. He's quiet, keeps to himself, and pays his rent in cash and on time."
SUSPICIOUS.

Also, also, you could be like Richard Christie from the Stern Show and live in your storage unit. I mean, that's inadvisable as shit.
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

Tell you what, Earl, as someone that socializes with others, how does 10 to 1 sound? For every 10 people I murder, you murder one person.
Cyric
Tyrannosaurus Sex
Shining Legend

Post by Cyric »

Greetings from Shanghai, China!
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...
Chaos Wizard
Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Post by Chaos Wizard »

Cyric: Business?

Earl: You know Richard Christie is a top notch drummer. He played in Death, Control Denied, Iced Earth, and these days Charred Walls of the Damned. My Aunt Leigh Ann actually interned for Howard Stern and said he's a really cool dude.

Zetha: Call me Phill, all my friends do.

And you need to embrace the art of "f*ck it." It's okay to think deeply about something, but not at the expense of your own personal well being. Give immediate thought towards immediate things, and everything else itinerate later or discount it as being irrelevant.

My daughter would get all worked up and worried about things that were completely out of her control. Things that could end the world or cause mayhem etc. One day I explained to her that a whale could fart, complete a methane vent to the surface of the ocean and be ignited by a static charge that could literally evaporate the ocean and flash cook 80% of life on earth.
You just can't live life dwelling on trivialities or crippling yourself with thoughts that you can master.

Bullies are shitty people, and they may have done a number on you, but you can still be your own master. You can get better and stronger all the time and be satisfied with yourself and your own goodness and qualities they will likely always lack.
Absolutely embrace your spirituality. Let that light fill you with strength and pride, and be your invigorating armor. Flesh is a finite thing, the spirit is eternal. Material things, and worldly worries are so small in comparison to that refraction of infinity that dwells within you. Focus on that, and be rightly guided.

(Yeah, most people don't see that coming. Philosophy, psychology and dick and fart jokes go hand and hand, I think.)