General Chatter: Bored Members Make Noises

Want to talk about something other than Shining Force? Go ahead!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Bored Members Make Noises

Post by Rune »

nohnigeDoledw73, nohnigeDoleel76, nohnigeDoleen88, nohnigeDolehq89, nohnigeDolepy72, nohnigeDolexq83, nohnigeDolexz70, nohnigeDoleyf70, nohnigeDoleyx89

I'm sure they are all legitimate accounts and will be active in conversations anytime now.
Assassins
Mentat
Shining Legend

Post by Assassins »

I've been waiting.
The failblood.

"I am very poorly and very stupid and I hate everyone and everything" -Charles Darwin
Sir Astral
The White Wizard
Shining Member

Post by Sir Astral »

Perhaps it's some sort of hive mind.

I still need horror movie recommendations. I watched Scarecrows, Halloween III and Rec. last night, but I'm behind schedule for the month overall.
Ghostly Jenn
Greetings Traveler
Shining Legend

Post by Ghostly Jenn »

No sheet worked wonders. :thumbsup:

then again when i woke up it was so cold in my room that my ferrets were both snuggled inside of their hammock instead of on top of it. Guess this means i should retire one of the fans for now. Oops.
Assassins
Mentat
Shining Legend

Post by Assassins »

In the mouth of madness
The failblood.

"I am very poorly and very stupid and I hate everyone and everything" -Charles Darwin
Sir Astral
The White Wizard
Shining Member

Post by Sir Astral »

Do you read Sutter Cane?

I like John Carpenter's movies. (Except "They Live") I'll get to that one at some point.
the tall guy
Pyromaniac
Shining Legend

Post by the tall guy »

Rune wrote:nohnigeDoledw73, nohnigeDoleel76, nohnigeDoleen88, nohnigeDolehq89, nohnigeDolepy72, nohnigeDolexq83, nohnigeDolexz70, nohnigeDoleyf70, nohnigeDoleyx89

I'm sure they are all legitimate accounts and will be active in conversations anytime now.

Undoubtedly.
“I can resist everything except temptation”
Assassins
Mentat
Shining Legend

Post by Assassins »

They live is campy gold.
The failblood.

Sir Astral
The White Wizard
Shining Member

Post by Sir Astral »

Assassins wrote:They live is campy gold.
I agree with that, but it's still probably the title I liked least among Carpenter's work. A lot of people seem to like it for its counter cultural, anti-Reagen-era-excesses theme, but personally I prefer the heavy supernatural stuff from Into the Mouth of Madness or sci-fi horror like The Thing.

I didn't like that vampire movie he made all that much either. Can't remember that one's title offhand.
TheUnknownMarine
Master Narrator
Shining Legend

Post by TheUnknownMarine »

Sir Astral wrote:
Assassins wrote:They live is campy gold.
I agree with that, but it's still probably the title I liked least among Carpenter's work. A lot of people seem to like it for its counter cultural, anti-Reagen-era-excesses theme, but personally I prefer the heavy supernatural stuff from Into the Mouth of Madness or sci-fi horror like The Thing.

I didn't like that vampire movie he made all that much either. Can't remember that one's title offhand.
It was Vampires.

It was not good.
Sir Astral
The White Wizard
Shining Member

Post by Sir Astral »

Vampire movie I did like:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0762073/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

There's also Near Dark, if you want more Lance Henriksen.
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

I watched Full Metal Jacket last night. That was fun.
Ghostly Jenn
Greetings Traveler
Shining Legend

Post by Ghostly Jenn »

I dont watch many movies. :(

I get my entertainment by watching my ferrets fight over a chicken wing when i gave each of them one. I bring this up because this is the first time adam has ever hissed or hell won in a match of tug-o-war. He was such a lazy fat butt when i got him and now he dances and plays.

It just makes me feel really good that im the reason why he has energy now.

Ive been trying to think of movies this entire time to no avail. I barely watch TV and only came across BoJack Horseman cos my friends were watching it on netflix.
Sir Astral
The White Wizard
Shining Member

Post by Sir Astral »

It doesn't fit the theme of the month at all, but if you appreciate police dramas, this is a decent one:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0450232/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mos Def's character has a kind of...grating voice, but if you can stand that it's worth a watch.
Ghostly Jenn
Greetings Traveler
Shining Legend

Post by Ghostly Jenn »

My other friend got me into this one cop drama a couple years back that i think sufficed my cop drama needs for a bit. I cant think of the name of the show to save my life but it had Idris Elba in it as the main role.
Rune
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rune »

The wire.
Sir Astral
The White Wizard
Shining Member

Post by Sir Astral »

I'm more of a Monk fan for detective shows. I like the levity, and it was a pretty fun series overall.
Ghostly Jenn
Greetings Traveler
Shining Legend

Post by Ghostly Jenn »

For the first time since i graduatedin 2009 i am back on a schedule. Admittedly it took my ferrets to do this, which i know everyone is tired of hearing about, but ferrets are so high maintenance theyre good practice for if i ever have children.

After two weeks i finally have them on a steady raw diet which required me to stitch together to make sure they had all of their nutrients (i feel bad feeding whole prey cos i love rodents). I even had to schedule cage cleaning (not just daily scooping), nail trimming (which i have to do front and back at two different times so more scheduling), ear cleaning, baths, and brushing.

Getting them to eat everything and not just their favorite stuff reminded me wholeheartedly of children. Like telling them they have to eat their veggies too i had to readjust my ferrets' diet twice because adam keeps picking out his favorite and wont get all of his nutrition that way.

Theyre definitely less work than children tho. I still have to run them down and keep them out of stuff like children. :lol: good thing i lost 100 pounds or id never keep up.

[EDIT]: damn ive so been caught up on getting my life back on track it didnt dawn on me that halloween was at the end of this month until i was setting up the feeding schedule.

See this is why i need to be on a schedule. Up is down, right is purple, left is 2...
Stordarth
The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Post by Stordarth »

I love Monk as well. I just wish they'd kept the original theme song from season one. The replacement wasn't bad and the lyrics were appropriate, but there was just something really charming about the original.
Hacks
Milestone: Shining Force 2: Milestone Edition {25/06/11} / 12 Man Marathon {25/06/11}
------
RPG Gallery
LoV-Dark Dominion: Character Stats / Rebel Base Managment / Rebel Base Map/ Spell Damage Calculator

SFCW-A: Durandar, Sedor Silverwing
SFCW Gaiden- Shining Souls: Ragengo Image