General Chatter: Make sure you don't post Shining Force videos.

Want to talk about something other than Shining Force? Go ahead!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Re: Make sure you don't post Shining Force videos.

Post by Kalkano »

I found this very useful:

http://fairusetube.org/guide-to-youtube ... ifications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggest following that, to file a counter-notification.
Currently Re-Playing: Shining Force 3

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Marky
Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Post by Marky »

MarauderEX wrote:https://segaofamerica.zendesk.com/home

top of the page where it says "submit a request" thats the customer service information I used from SEGA

Although Sega of America wrote this, Sega of Japan may be behind this. That or as I mentioned before, someone who wants to incite an altercation between members of this site and SEGA (which appears to be brewing already). This scenario kinda reminds me of the plot of the masked monks in Shining Force 3 (you know, capture Domaric, blame Benetram, get war, etc. etc. etc.).
MarauderEX

Post by MarauderEX »

While its true that the response came from SEGA of America, I would believe that if they had a differing opinion of the business practice they would state it for clarity as it was a somewhat legal question.

And now that the culprit behind it has spread to countless others who either had no affiliation here makes me think they are either trying to cover their tracks in causing a dispute with SFC and SEGA, someone who hates shining force in general, or even someone who wants to do a LP and does not want other videos as competition
Last edited by MarauderEX on Tue Nov 20 2012 7:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marky
Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Post by Marky »

What is an "LP"?
Wargasm
Pork Sword
Shining Legend

Post by Wargasm »

The LP (Long Play), or long-playing microgroove record, is a format for phonograph (gramophone) records, an analog sound storage medium. Introduced by Columbia Records in 1948, it was soon adopted as a new standard by the entire record industry. Apart from relatively minor refinements and the important later addition of stereophonic sound capability, it has remained the standard format for vinyl "albums" up to the present.
At the time the LP was introduced, nearly all phonograph records for home use were made of an abrasive (and therefore noisy) shellac compound, employed a much larger groove, and played at approximately 78 rpm, limiting the playing time of a 12-inch record to less than five minutes per side. The new product was a 12 or 10-inch fine-grooved disc made of vinyl and played with a smaller-tipped "microgroove" stylus at a speed of 33⅓ rpm. Each side of a 12-inch LP could play for more than 20 minutes. Only the microgroove standard was truly new, as both vinyl and the 33⅓ rpm speed had been used for special purposes for many years, as well as in one unsuccessful earlier attempt to introduce a long-playing record for home use. Although the LP was especially suited to classical music because of its extended continuous playing time, it also allowed a collection of ten or more typical "pop" music recordings to be put on a single disc. Previously, such collections, as well as longer classical music broken up into several parts, had been sold as sets of 78 rpm records in a specially imprinted "record album" consisting of individual record sleeves bound together in book form. The use of the word "album" persisted for the one-disc LP equivalent.
The LP was soon confronted by the "45", a 7-inch fine-grooved vinyl record playing at 45 rpm, introduced by RCA Victor in 1949. Originally expected to compete with the LP, boxed "albums" of 45s were issued, as well as "EP" (Extended Play) 45s, which squeezed two or even three selections onto each side, but the 45 succeeded only in directly replacing the "78" as the format for issuing "singles" of individual popular songs. Reel-to-reel magnetic tape recorders posed a new challenge to the LP in the 1950s, but the higher cost of prerecorded tapes was one of several factors that confined tape to a niche market. Despite the later introduction of cartridge and cassette tapes, which were more convenient and less expensive than reel-to-reel tapes and became popular for use in automobiles beginning in the mid-1960s, the LP was not seriously challenged as the primary medium for listening to recorded music at home until the 1970s, when the audio quality of cassette tapes was greatly improved by better tape formulations and noise reduction systems. Only the 1983 advent of the digital Compact Disc (CD), which offered a recording that was generally noiseless and not audibly degraded by repeated playing or careless handling (apart from CD rot and physical breakage), succeeded in toppling the LP from its throne, but only after the initially high prices of CDs and CD players had come down.
Along with phonograph records in general, some of which were made of other materials, LPs are now widely referred to simply as "vinyl". From the late 1990s and growing steadily through the 21st century onwards, a renewed interest in vinyl has occurred and the demand for the medium has been on a steady increase yearly in niche markets, particularly amongst audiophiles, DJs and fans of indie music. Most sales of music are of compact discs or digital file formats because of their generally cheaper prices and wider availability.
Omega Entity
*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Post by Omega Entity »

Er... wrong LP, Wargster.

In this case, it's a "Let's Play" video, in which a person records themselves playing through an entire game, with commentary, then uploads it to youtube or a similar video hosting service.
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD

Any game I'm in should be considered a dating game.

SFCW Cailin's Character Sheet

SFCW Fiona's Character Sheet

SC Character Sheet
Wargasm
Pork Sword
Shining Legend

Post by Wargasm »

Oh I was just joking. I copypasta'd it from Wikipedia.
Moogie
Goddess of all things Shining
Administrator

SFC Patron Badges

Post by Moogie »

It's not only LPs which are being targetted though so I don't think it's an LPer wanting to see off the competition (also note the type of videos on the user's account, at a glance it kinda looks like it really could be Sega - but anyone can make stuff look official).
Check me out on Twitch! :excited:
http://www.twitch.tv/ShiningMoogie
Century
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Century »

And even if it is Sega... Does that necessarily mean it's done with official approval from the company?
Bifrostbear
Zaphod Beeblebrox's Fifth Cousin Thrice Removed
Administrator

Post by Bifrostbear »

This may be a stretch - but SFHater used to come up with some nasty tricks - I still remember that one where he managed to post those insulting threads and prevented anyone from posting a response. He certainly had enough vitriol in him to carry out something like this.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

"I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner of my dreams."

"Republicans and Democrats debating is like two guys arguing about who is gonna pay for the drinks in a bar on the Titanic."
shinsachiel
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by shinsachiel »

I still feel a pang of pride from when TotalBiscuit mentioned my site in his original SA SF3 LP thread.

Sega are right wrong'uns.
Flygon