Newbie Training Grounds: (Old) New Guy here!

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

spetz

(Old) New Guy here!

Post by spetz »

Hi guys,

I've been a fan of the Shining Force series ever since the second one came out for the Genesis (or Mega Drive as is known here in Europe).

I came across SFC several years ago looking for guides for Shining Force II and i even traded some emails with Moogie back then.

However, only now i decided to create an account and venture into the forums, so hello everyone!

Is there still an active community for the Shining Force series? Unfortunately the series died down but my love for the good old ones lingers on.
Kaihaku
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: (Old) New Guy here!

Post by Kaihaku »

Welcome here. There's definitely a lot of enthusiasm here for the old games but activity has slowed a lot since Sega stopped localizing the series.
MXC
Shining Legend

Post by MXC »

Some of the old games have been picked apart so much that we don't have a whole lot of the old "who is better" topics and the like. A lot of new hacks of old games have cropped up though and that's been a lot of fun.
spetz

Post by spetz »

Thank you guys. I got a whole nostalgic vibe for the Shining Force II, but since i've already played it to death i'll try out the hacks i've seen here.

I'll also try to be an active community member so if you guys got any tips for what i could do to help out the community please let me know.