Newbie Training Grounds: Ex-Sega Fan

Memories of the Shining Series

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Ex-Sega Fan

Post by ZethaPonderer »

Hello. I'm a newcomer here and just posting my first post here on this forum if you don't mind. My English is not the best, but it's the only language I'm competent in terms of speaking unlike my native language. I used to like the many franchises that the company Sega created (aside from Sonic the Hedgehog) and the Shining franchise is where it has a special place in my heart. It's just a shame that this company whom I used to admire has become an empty shell that mostly puts all their attention and energy to the Sonic franchise. I wonder to this day if there'll be a new Shining game in the franchise that'll stand alongside the Megadrive, Saturn and even the Gameboy Advance games. Because the 'new' Shining games don't even compare tbh. :(

Currently playing Shining Force 3 - Scenario 2 (took me 6 years to emul this, but it's worth it). I just want to express my thanks to the translators that worked on patching up the other 2 scenarios. This is a great game, reminds me of Golden Sun in many ways. Although I do have some mixed feelings about the friendship mechanic in this game. It's really frustrating to get Soulmate relationships (randomly happens although it can be doable if you can keep track in your head how many enemies you kill with the 2 people you're trying to Soulmate - 8 enemies to be exact when both the characters have reached Trusted as long as one of them kills the enemy completely -). Plus, the story feels really disjointed (if you don't play all 3 scenarios that is). All in all, that's all I want to say and I hope I enjoy my stay here on this forum to express my love for the Shining franchise. :)

Any Ex-Sega Fans here lol?

Edit: Just explaining more of the friendship mechanic there when trying to reach Soulmate and changing from Fanboy to just Fan. I do like the changes they made to SF3. Just wish they would explain some of the new mechanics they introduced, but that's my only pet peeve.
Kaihaku
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Ex-Sega Fan

Post by Kaihaku »

Welcome here. There are many "ex-Sega fans" around here but the forums are much quieter than they were a few years ago. Still, if you like the Shining series, there's a lot of great content to be found here. :) I hope that you enjoy yourself.
Dandy
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Dandy »

Welcome to the board.

I'm still a Sega fan, have the Genesis and Saturn hooked up in my retro room. I'm about to start up SFIII soon, just have a couple of more battles left in SFII.

Either way, enjoy your stay.
thepeaguy
Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Post by thepeaguy »

Ex Sega fan here. Been disappointed in the company ever since Camelot left post SFIII.

Facebook and Reddit replaced the message board, I'm sorry to say.
ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by ZethaPonderer »

I'm back. It's been a year so far since I left this forum (soul searching). But, let's just say that I'm not the same person you all thought I was before. :)