Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

1st Battle Sprite

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

1st Battle Sprite

Postby Wulfunruh » Wed Jan 25 2017 2:59am

Albeit not 100% original...as it's modeled after an old favorite game of mine so far. Can I get some feedback?

https://s29.postimg.org/peph51tnb/image.jpg
Wulfunruh

Re: 1st Battle Sprite

Postby Generation » Wed Jan 25 2017 3:48am

As a note, I'm not sure if you already know, but you can use the Print screen button (usually at the top right) of a windows keyboard to take a clean snapshot of your computer screen.

So far, it looks really good. Nice work. If you want some real tips to improve, my best bet would to say maybe something on his right thigh. I don't know if the shading is a pixel off or something, but it's weird. I think it's because the lighting looks like it's coming from both directions. I imagine angling up the shading there would fix it up nice and quick.

WARNING: SPOILER!

Otherwise, it looks great and I'd love to see it finished! I recently picked up pixelling for a project I finished not too long ago so I'm pretty much still honing the craft as well.

Also, sorry for drawing all over your work.
Generation

Re: 1st Battle Sprite

Postby Wulfunruh » Wed Jan 25 2017 11:16am

No, don't be sorry. I absolutely was hoping for this. Can't get better without criticism, right? When I get off work later tonight im going to have another go at it. Right about where your arrow is I noticed a slip I had with pixels on the outline as well. I think as far as the lighting, if pulled the darks up and introduced even a 1px barrier of the light gray it'd work.

Edit:

I updated the sprite. Anyone want to poke holes in it?!

One more update... I think this one is much better.
Wulfunruh

Return to Shining Fanwork