Shining Fanwork: Shining Force III: 16-bit

For revealing previews and info regarding my 2D SF3 project.

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Tor_Heyerdal
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shining Force III: 16-bit

Post by Tor_Heyerdal »

No, that won't help at all. Those overhead maps don't provide any detail (how would I know where to put the doors and the things inside the houses based on these maps? The houses aren't even shown at all). Additionally, that source only provides such maps for battles. There are many maps which are to be found outside of battles. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

EDIT, ON SEPTEMBER 25, 2014:
Unfortunately, it won't let me make a fresh post, so I'll just put this here for anyone who's still checking here. Just wanted to show you all that the AI is up and running.
Spoiler
EDIT, ON SEPTEMBER 26, 2014:
I have officially released a Pre-Alpha Demo! Here's the link, and I'll put another one in the opening post.
http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 14&t=26011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Creator of Shining Force III: 16-bit (WIP except not so IP anymore)
Earl
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Earl »

Love the 16-bit conversion of the monk.

Didn't know you were still working on this, or at least working publicly. Hat's off to the progress you've made.
Tor_Heyerdal
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Tor_Heyerdal »

Thanks a lot, Earl!

I took a really, really long break from it, but I've been back to work for the past couple of months now, yeah.
Creator of Shining Force III: 16-bit (WIP except not so IP anymore)
ShininGeek
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by ShininGeek »

I can't wait for this to come out! Good luck with it, Tor!
Perfection is not an option, it is a requirement.
Lord Oddeye sama
Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Post by Lord Oddeye sama »

ShininGeek wrote:I can't wait for this to come out! Good luck with it, Tor!
http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 14&t=26011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!
Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.
Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 51#p668069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pappets
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Pappets »

Is this project still going?
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
It seems that little by little the innovators are coming back to Sega.
Chaoswizard98
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by Chaoswizard98 »

Yes this project is still going. Tor is getting close to releasing the next demo.
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/v ... 14&t=26022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scravanger

Post by scravanger »

Is this still project still alive?
Makkusu
Location: Wayward among the spiraling halls of Stormsang's Ancient Temple

Post by Makkusu »

I would likewise be very interested in any further developments. I actually didn't even realize such a project existed until the thread was bumped just now.

I had just been thinking the other day about how Shining Force 1 hacking tools have gotten to the point where someone could more or less feasibly recreate Shining Force III within SF1 without having to build a new game from the ground up in order to achieve something like a 16-bit SF3.

I am very impressed by how far the game in this thread got using the tools of what is now ten years ago.
scravanger

Post by scravanger »

That would be absolutely awesome. I always loved SF2 style graphics. Plus the gameplay itself is much faster. and frankly sf3 does not look that impressive anymore, while sf2/1,cd still do. It would also be cool to switch between 3d and 2d on the fly :))))) anyone ??? cool idea but implementing it would be nearly impossible, considering the length of the game. overtime i saw so many projects start and be so promising jus to see them die from exhaustion. It would be cool to see self generating maps (like diablo series) every time you play, there is a new map. It would make the same game never end... and with upcoming AI it might be possible. who knows :)