Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Team Shining: Original Timeline

Complete

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Re: Team Shining: Original Timeline

Postby MXC » Tue May 06 2014 7:49pm

Well you'll be in a maze and...

How about you download my file and see if you enjoy it!
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Tue May 06 2014 8:36pm

Ahh, I see what you mean. It'll take me a bit longer than a normal battle; so I'll have to do it after work, but I should be able to manage it.

Edit:
Located and downloaded a copy of the rom. Loaded the savestate, wandered aimlessly. Looked up a guide. figured out what I was supposed to do!
Went and fought the grimwall. He was a nasty blighter. It would have been good to know my party wasn't at full health, lol. So different.
Simp levled to 16!

Milo lvls to 15! learns detox2! Now if only I could get Pira to lvl.... Gahh, mana is in short supply in this game. Finally reached the cave of truth with no mana, and all my party members hurting. Hope this goes well....
...nope a wild sea stallion appears! It oneshots both my casters! Outmaneuvered, Simp attempts to flee and leave his party! But it's of no use! the stallion blocks his escape and drops him to 6 hp! He makes a desperate gambit to slay the beast, but it finishes him before he can land the blow. :(

And thus ends my first attempt at the cave of truth. I can try again tomorrow, assuming zexxar isn't back and doing it then. Also, does the no egressing rule carry through to SitD? I assumed so.

Edit2:
Stayed at the tavern! Yay, mana!
Defeated the grimwall again. Simp lvls to 16! Milo lvls to 15 on the way to the cave! Learns Detox2! Made it to the cave, got massacred by the sea stallion again :damnit:
Incidentally, I hate grimfowls. It feels like I can't walk 5 feet without stepping on a chicken. :damnit: And they keep paralyzing Milo! Is there any way to cure paralysis without leaving, thereby necessitating a restart?
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Thu May 08 2014 5:58pm

So the Trial is done had to go there twice because I ran out of healing items and MP. I got every important items from the trial and bought some new equipment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Thu May 08 2014 6:58pm

Sorry guys, turns out I'm not very good at dungeon crawls :(
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Thu May 08 2014 8:25pm

No need to be sorry, the game is already hard enough if you play it for the first time but starting somewhere in the middle of the game for the first time makes it even harder.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Sat May 10 2014 5:18am

I made it through the trial pretty easily. I hope I didn't miss anything down there (I did get what'shisface though). Flame Sword acquired. You may need to buy some more gear and get some more levels.

Oh, and I did find a mithril. It's up to you to decide what to make :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Sat May 10 2014 11:33am

MXC did you really got up to the altar in the Trial? Because the people in the castle still talk like the trials haven't been finished yet and the Merchant is also missing :confused:

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Sat May 10 2014 4:40pm

Yeah, but I had to go back in and get a chest. Run back through and see if it makes you walk through again.

Or are you making me do it? :(
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Sun May 11 2014 9:40am

I finally found the problem ... after getting through ALL trials again.
First I went through the Trials of Wisdom it was fine ... then I thought maybe I've been an idiot and didn't activate the altar so I went through Trial of Truth again , but it was fine too. So I went through the Trial of Strength, the altar was missing too... BUT THEN in the Trial of Courage the altar was NOT activated, I activated it and Level 2 is finally available :D

But it was such a hassle to run through all those Trials again and now I need to grind a lot before beeing able to get through level 2 so it will take a bit of time before I'm finished with level 2 maybe 2 days.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby Simpelicity » Sun May 11 2014 10:10pm

Welp nobody told me we were activating altars, that was probably in MXC's first part. My bad I guess.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Simpelicity » Mon May 12 2014 3:02am

Nah I just opened a map and went with it.
Simpelicity

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby zexxar » Mon May 12 2014 5:25pm

Yeah thanks for the extrawork of going through each Trial again :stare:

Anyway finally I put that Medaillon into the gold fountain where I also saved so ake sure to het to the town and rest. I used the mithrils for a armor for Milo and a shield for Pyra beccause I wanted the biggest armor boosts possible. Also got our Hero a Magical shield to boost his def he should be fine now until we get the Arms of Light items .. I also got the Hex Whip for Pyra so if you don't like it visit the priest I extra kept the old whip.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Mon May 12 2014 9:37pm

Enduro Staff and Ice Staff found.

Bought Madu for Milo ;)

Got the Rope but didn't use it other than the Enduro Staff.

Medallion is in level 3 now.

Do you want me to go through and use the rope some more? If not, here is the save.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed May 14 2014 3:52pm

Daddy is dead :( But I forgot to take the medaillon with me so have to got through level 4 again tomorrow after getting all treasures. MXC did you get everything from level 3 except for the Light Shield in the cell ? then I wouldn't need to go through the whole level again? I will also only get usefull items so the Forbidden Box and the Demon Staff won't be acquired we won't use the manyway I guess.

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Wed May 14 2014 4:01pm

500 Gold - Got
Mystic Rope - Got
Healer Fruit - Got
Herb-Water - Got
Mithril Ore
Ice Staff - Got
Light Helm - Got
Great Flail
Storm Sword
Light Shield

I must have forgotten to go to level 2 and get the Storm Sword. I don't know if I got the mithril either.

It has been too long :blush:
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Wed May 14 2014 5:48pm

I didn't mind not having the Storm Sword because I immediately got the Light Sword :) And after that there was no normal attack against normal monsters with Simp :lol: Free Bolt 3 FTW

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby zexxar » Thu May 15 2014 4:43pm

And so it ends ... my participation in the Team Timeline. :(
Actually I'm really kind of sad that it's over it was such a fun project to do although sometimes the waiting was annoying but there's (almost) no teamgame without long waiting periods.

Anyway I got everything that is somehow useful just sort through it and sell what every you don't need or want. You still have one Mithril Ore left to do what ever you want. They are also strong enough to survive without any problems so you won't need to power level much. I also didn't went to rest becasue I don't know if you want to take Jessa with you when you kick Darksols ass :D

Here have fun and give Darksol a big slap from me :D

zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Shining