All Things Shining: Are the fans still out there?

XSEED Games.

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Mister Death

Are the fans still out there?

Post by Mister Death »

My friend asked XSEED Games yesterday on Facebook if they were interested in the Shining series and here's what they replied.

Now I understand that Sega of Japan are not being cool with the Shining Force series for a long time now, mainly due to problems that persist with Camelot and stuff but with other games in the series such as Wind, Blade, Hearts, Ark, Feathers, etc, don't you think we could have a chance of those titles being released in English if they see the fans are still out there?

Anyways, just made this account to tell you guys this basically haha, I think as long as we keep reminding publishers that we're still here, they could make it happen!

Just look at the "Suikoden Revival Movement" recently, even Konami acknowledged them and I'm sure it could be the same for Shining fans like us, I think social networks are a great way to get noticed too, I know you guys had petitions and everything in the past but let's face it, in 2013 they're "obsolete" compared to social network in terms of seeing how many "active" people would be willing to keep the series alive, now I know there's exception like let's say recently there was this petition for Dark Souls port on the PC that worked, but come on, they just got lucky. :]

Well that's about it, keep up the good work on SFC, been lurking this place for TOO MANY YEARS now and it's always been a great source of info and an awesome place for Shining enthusiast to hang out, peace~
Righteous Force
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Are the fans still out there?

Post by Righteous Force »

I don't know, man? To me the SF series is long, long dead. Just re-read the GameTM interview wih Hiro of SF series and it just freaking broke my heart and then someone pissed on it, then some brat kid came by and started stomping on it like they where kids stomping a water puddle with great furious anger! :(

Been atcually playing some other game series that are actually not the classic Shining series. You know, series that still are loved by original fans and are coming out with sequal still, so lots of hope for the future and all. And now that I've come back here I'm reminded how sad it is that this series is so freaking dead. Dead as dead can be. I spit at modern Sega and the modern SF series. Sega to me died with the Saturn, just like the Shining series. This new Shining series I've got no clue as to what they are? They seem beyond alien/different game series alltogther... one that don't seem apealing by a long shot. And even if they were, they sure ain't gonna stuff the Camelot stuff. So adding the Shining name to these bastard games is like just adding salt to a wound. For real, screw you Sega.

EDIT - lest say even if the games were very decent or even very good. It's not the Shining Force I know and love + want to come back. Get it? That's why the very angry reply. ... Sad that classic Shining fans have to carry this burden. It's really getting to me...