All Things Shining: Map comparisons between 1 and 2

And the things that were left out

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Tyger

Map comparisons between 1 and 2

Post by Tyger »

Anyone happen to remember how the maps line up to each other between 1 and 2? I remember there was a forum topic showing it years ago, but that's long gone. I'm also curious how far apart the games were chronologically.

I'm mostly wondering where Guardiana and Protectora would be in SF2, as they don't seem to be mentioned at all; Most locations from SF1 fail to be mentioned, actually.
zexxar
Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Re: Map comparisons between 1 and 2

Post by zexxar »

Here is a link that may answer your question:

http://www.shiningforcecentral.com/stud ... raphy#maps
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!
samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

According to SHF2, Rune (i.e. where SHF1 takes place) is a land way to south. At least that's what I remember the guy in Rindo saying. Although the map Moogs put together suggests that it's off to the west, so I could easily be misremembering... it's been years since I played SHF2.

Long story short, they're in completely different places.
Rusty
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rusty »

Wait, you're saying a guy in Rindo, in SF2, says it's south? :p Seriously, I'm trying to make sense of what you said there. Obviously we don't know of Parmecia in SF1, and they treated Rune as more of the world itself rather than a continent. Of course, all of the focus was on Rune (and Waral heh), so...Yeah.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Culley obviously meant Ribble, not Rindo. Here's the quote I assume he's talking about:

"Mayor:
Our ancestors came from Rune, a southern island, long ago."

I'm not sure you were saying otherwise, Rusty, but Rune is indeed a continent. This has been mentioned a couple of other times, by a man in Hassan, for instance:
"Our ancestors came here from Rune by way of the sea."
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
Stordarth
The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Post by Stordarth »

as i recall, that second quote martin mentioned also goes on to explain how they were searching for a soldier called Max, and followed his trail north, only to be blocked by the mountains at north cliff
Hacks
Milestone: Shining Force 2: Milestone Edition {25/06/11} / 12 Man Marathon {25/06/11}
------
RPG Gallery
LoV-Dark Dominion: Character Stats / Rebel Base Managment / Rebel Base Map/ Spell Damage Calculator

SFCW-A: Durandar, Sedor Silverwing
SFCW Gaiden- Shining Souls: Ragengo Image
Cullsoft
Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Post by Cullsoft »

Martin III @ Sun May 11, 2008 1:59 am) wrote: Culley obviously meant Ribble, not Rindo. Here's the quote I assume he's talking about:

"Mayor:
Our ancestors came from Rune, a southern island, long ago."
That's the one. I'm pretty much scuppered when it comes to remembering which is which with most of the village names...
Rusty
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Rusty »

...*Sigh.*

Let me re-explain, and please read carefully this time. I sincerely doubt they had the world planned out at Shining Force 1, and at the time, it was assumed that the entire world was named Rune, because that's the only name we're given. This changes when Shining Force Gaiden 1 comes out, because we see other lands, like Cypress, Asreet, etc. Then, comes Shining Force 2, with the biggest continent to date. They refer to the world as Earth.

All I'm saying is that with the first Shining FORCE game, Rune could've been the name of the world for all we knew. I know that now we obviously know that's not the case, but that, at the time, it looked possible. The only inclination we have in SF1 that could show that there's more to the world than just Rune is on Simone's map.

That's all that I said, and all that I meant. I never said Rune wasn't a continent.
Martin III
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Martin III »

Rusty @ Sun May 11, 2008 6:09 pm) wrote: That's all that I said, and all that I meant. I never said Rune wasn't a continent.
I figured that was what you must have meant, but I had to be sure.
"Sir Reginald, Duke of Chutney! ...And don't stick your tongue out at me, kid." - Disney's Robin Hood

"Hey, where's my Holy Grail?!" - Shining Tears X Wind
the tall guy
Pyromaniac
Shining Legend

Post by the tall guy »

*boots thread to All Things Shining*
“I can resist everything except temptation”
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

xD