Shining Soul II: The Forge

Infomation on forging items

Discuss the second installment of the Shining (Soul) series for GBA!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Green Knight

Re: The Forge

Post by Green Knight »

I've done that money thing and had 1,000,000 gold in one bag. It seems to yield better attributes, too. I've seen more "of soul", "of heroes", and the like during my attempts. I ended up with a battle sword of dawn (combine that with an ancient ring for SP efficiency). I haven't seen anything past +8 for the grind value though. Maybe I need more cash.

It's funny when you drop that much gold into the blacksmith's hand. It drops past the bottom of the screen and out of view.
"Though shalt not want what another is wearing." ~ Klantol saying
Meddyan

Post by Meddyan »

Just a quick note that i've gone an re-done the guide here. Basically, its more nicer looking, has info on bones/scales, better examples, less useless banter and explained a bit easier. Have fun.
Sir, I just have to point out that you smell. No. Yes. Sorry. I'll shut up.
Ayuname

Post by Ayuname »

Green Knight @ Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:45 pm) wrote: I've done that money thing and had 1,000,000 gold in one bag.
hey u got it wrong its 100k in a bag srry for this just i hate mistakes not a perfectionist though.
Ayuname Currently Lvl Kick Ur Butt 90
@ss@ssin

Post by @ss@ssin »

anyone found a magic number of gold to provide a solid increase in the modifier like always at least a +5 modifier
Bajikall

Post by Bajikall »

No, but you can use the money glitch to get over a couple million gold in one bag. That will considerably increase the chances of high bonuses. However, I sometimes still get "+1" boosts.
Shazam. I return.
Meddyan

Post by Meddyan »

The thing is, we really don't know what the fork gold does. We can only speculate.

It's guessed to affect variables such as Mods and the +XX Bonuses, but even the ore grade might effect them as well. Maybe if we could find what it actualy does, then we can move onto how exactly it effects whatever it does. Untill then, your best choice is to just use as much money as you can when forging and hope for the best.
@ss@ssin

Post by @ss@ssin »

I think my question was misunderstood... has anyone discovered a rollover point (point at which money alotted = 0 again, ex. reset every 650,000 meaning giving 650,001 would actually have the same benefits as offering 1 gold) kind of like the negative value trick with the unlucky hood. hoverever I would like to say in offering 1 gold I created an scale gloves+5 with each scales value equaling 6. this leads me to believe this whole process is random or varibles exist that are not being calculated in the equation. I'll probably sit down and shark the process then post any findings here.
Meddyan

Post by Meddyan »

Ah right... well in that case, go ahead and try. If i were to guess, it'd be the same as the rollover for Item Find taht makes the Unlucky hood go to some massive number. Or not. Either way it'd still help to know what it does first so you can accuratly tell that a certain point is the rollover point because X thing didn't happen...
@ss@ssin

Post by @ss@ssin »

I found an approximation for the rollover point... I'll start a new topic... data is still a bit inconclusive... the missing varible I believe is caracter level... (this is why it seems so random)

Post by TheGreatDynamite »

Get many bags of 100k. Put all but one in the bank, as well as your equip. Now go die. You will drop half your cash that you're carrying, which will be 50k. Now go and fetch another 50k to add to your 50k you currently have to make a 100k bag and then go find your dropped 50k. Instead of making a new bag of 50k along with the 100k, you instead get a 150k bag. Now die again to make a 75k pile on the ground, and go fetch some more cash to make another 100k bag in your inventory, and then grab your 75k to make a 175k bag! Once you get an insane amount of compressed money, you can forge with it, greatly increasing your chances of getting a good number past +15
I have tryed this exact technique,I put all my stuff in bank then withdraw 100k and die. It drops 50k but the other 50k isnt in my inv,why is this?
Meddyan

Post by Meddyan »

Uh... yeah... i got the process horribly wrong there. I'll find the actual way to do it and edit it in.. sorry for that >_>
@ss@ssin

Post by @ss@ssin »

To make a larger bag then 100K simply die with more than 200k in your items
If you had 300K and you'd die it produces a 150k bag so if you have 500k the bag you drop when you die will be worth 250k so fortth and so on...
Ømega

Post by Ømega »

or.... better yet, just duplicate the money, using that money cheat, which i find dishonorable, but thats not the point. dup it so that you have..... a full inventory of 100k bags

thus, when u die, you will get (25 * 100k)/2 g in one bag, which adds up to be 1.250 mil

then pick that 1.250 mil up and fill the rest of the 24 slots of inventory space with 100k g and repeat, next time u will end up with a bag of 2.450 mil, and repeat as necessary.

On a side note however, if I may presume, it is to my observation that using a money total of 99999g will result with a decently high chance of an item with +10 or more grind bonus
As of right now, forging randomly, I have obtained Saint Gloves +11, Apostate Helm +12, Blood Bow +10, Soul Lance +10, Soul Axe +10, Eclipsce Hood +11, Apostate Hood +11, and Soul Robe +10 all with using 99999g, no more, no less.
These results were obtained by at most the 15th try at forging. (save/forge)

Though the first few attempts resulted with a +1 to +5 item, I wish to assume that giving 99999g to forging will produce a higher frequency of items with a decent bonus grind; however, I will pursue further tests on this forging to ensure my assumption.
OK, the boss is up next, do you have all the items you nee-

^_^ oooooh!!! loot!!!

... ¬_¬
... hold still while I stab you...

-_-; *grabs loot* *Angel Wings out*
HAHA WHAT NOW?

-_-* You're stalling time hurry up.

Ok, ok, coming...
*comes back*

About time... Ready?... *Throws molotov cocktail*
Ok now we can go.
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

I haven't seen anything past +8 for the grind value though. Maybe I need more cash.
I have a brawler file and forged a poison Mail Vreaker of Awe+11, that was a while back and I fogot what I used to make that but I do remember how much gold I used, and I only used around 2000g... and when I got that, it was and still is my strongest weapons....
I was really happy when I got that :)
Boosh
YummyOreos

Post by YummyOreos »

Lol, I had three dark matters, all equaling up to somewhere around 6000 - 7000.
And I put up 3mil, guess what came out...

Malice armor... +1. :damnit:
ptracey

Post by ptracey »

Meddyan @ Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:49 pm) wrote: and it is also the only monster capable of dropping ores in the game
That's wrong. I believe you even stated in your "FAQ" that the Level of the Ore depends on what Level the monster was that dropped it.

Any Monster can drop any Ore in the game with the exception of Scales and Bones, which can only be dropped by Pastes/Lizards/Dragons, and Skeleton/Reapers respectively.

Just saying this becuase it hasn't been fixed in over a year.

And also, on a side note:

After about 200 Forges using three Orihalcon (all worth 3325G [Level 2]), I've come to the conclusion that how much Gold you offer the Forging man, only affects the possible +XX. But on the contrary, it can also affect how bad the item turns out.

After my 200 Forges, the only "good" items I've recieved are a Soul Blade +10, a Soul Claw +14, and a Soul Claw +19. Other than that, everything else has been under +3. So that means I haven't got a single item ranging from +4 to +9.

I've only recieved two items that weren't "supposed" to be made, which were a Split Armor of Light +2, and Splint Gloves of Pain +1.

I'm wondering if this theory may be true, but I can't be certain. Any Feedback would be much appreciated. And yes, I have read the Forging Post here on SFC.

* All these Forges were made in NORMAL Mode.

** The character I was using is a Level 101 Brawler.

*** All forges were made offering 999,999G. (Made using the money glitch of dying with 20 bags of 100,000G, then I just dropped 1G on the ground so it didn't go into the millions mark.)
Current Level 100+:
-Sorceress
-Brawler
-Priestess

Currently Training:
-Priestess
-Warrior
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

very helpful information
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 4141-8948-4277
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey

https://www.instagram.com/stephen_ridley_art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;