Shining Soul II: DEX and SKL

are they the same thing?

Discuss the second installment of the Shining (Soul) series for GBA!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

DEX and SKL

Post by rid1ey »

somebody wrote on here about upgrading SKL points but on my European version we only have STR, DEX, INT, VIT

am a bit confused
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 4141-8948-4277
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey

https://www.instagram.com/stephen_ridley_art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: DEX and SKL

Post by ZethaPonderer »

Sorry about that. Didn't notice that oversight and had a brain fart when writing that comment originally. It's DEX, not SKL :lol:
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

thanks for clearing that up!

you have been an inspiration actually lol started a new save file as brawler and gonna use your tactic, thanks

https://www.instagram.com/stephen_ridley_art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by ZethaPonderer »

I actually looked at this on a GameFAQs guide about the Brawler so all thanks should go to the person who made the FAQ. Although he doesn't mention the overpoweredness of the Knife Brawler his method just makes me absolutely sure that this is a huge oversight from the developers part. The Brawler shouldn't be this good. Guts skill is broken (in a good way that is) since it can stack multiple times when you're at half health. Here's a trick according to the FAQ, when you're at half health Guts will activate, immediately use a Healing item and go down at half health again. That's right Guts will activate again and will stack. Dare I say, B-R-O-K-E-N.
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

just levelling up in goblin fort and find my feet then gonna blitz the game and look out for the weapons you've mentioned (as well as forging unlucky hood and farming for a chaos ring!)

ZethaPonderer
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by ZethaPonderer »

Another neat thing to make the Brawler really good during the early portions of the game is to name him 'Dengeki'. With this name, your Brawler will have +5 extra INT and 30 resistance to Lightning which is helpful if you get stunned by those annoying Yellow Gizmos at the Demon Tower. Granted it may not help much, but that extra 5 INT stat is beneficial while you continue to pour all your stats at maximum (500 for both STR and DEX, 333 for VIT). 10 SP is too short for me so having that extra 5 INT will net you 20 SP which should be enough for you to do your charged attacks easily. With my method just stack your inventory on 3-5 Goddess Tears which replenishes 30 SP and an Angel's Wing in case you ran out of SP. Hope that helps you and may you break the game and have fun as I did. :lol:
rid1ey
Shining Member
Shining Member

Post by rid1ey »

great - thanks!